Optional story mission "Money Lending and other sins"

Erkawest

Having a look at multiple guides none of them mention part 2 so it’s probably just incorporated in with the whole quest. Just go after all 3 loan defaulters and I’m guessng that counts as part 1/2. Once that is done you will get part 3. I doubt it’s missable once you get the quest and complete everything that shows up on your map.

Edit. I’m doing the We Loved Once And True side quest and reading the necessary letter was part 1, choosing to help the letter writer was part 2 and doing what she wanted will be part 3. I didn’t actually see part 1 pop up saying it was part 1 (maybe because I wasn’t paying attention) but from the looks of it even if it doesn’t mention a part, completng all parts that show up will comlete the entire quest line.

Edited by FilmFanatic

Yeah, this really threw me off. I did it all once and then checked my replay log and it only showed part 3. I freaked out because PowerPyx’s guide lists part 1, 2, and 3...

Thought all 3 parts should show up in the replay log but it appears they don’t. I did the whole quest again and had the same result.

It appears part 1 is collecting the 3 debts. Part 2 is picking an upgrade for the camp. Then part 3 is the last debt which triggers the cutscene and ride back.

Given the nature of part 1 & 2, I assume only part 3 shows up in the replay mission log as it’s the only one they set a goal on.

Hopefully I’m correct in that. Or does someone else have part 1 & 2 listed in their replay log along with 3?

Edited by Skurkitty

44 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

Yeah, this really threw me off. I did it all once and then checked my replay log and it only showed part 3. I freaked out because PowerPyx’s guide lists part 1, 2, and 3...

Same thing here! I was so confused and thought I had missed the other parts. I do think it’s the only part replayable because it’s a simple “there and back” quest and the other parts involve the ledger tutorial.

4 minutes ago, Katzen147 said:

Part IV and V don't get added to the mission log. I hope it still counts tho... Just collected the debt and that's it. No feedback by Strauss. Can anyone confirm this?

Hmm check the gold medal guide, part IV and V should be there if they get added to the list right?

6 hours ago, Katzen147 said:

Part IV and V don't get added to the mission log. I hope it still counts tho... Just collected the debt and that's it. No feedback by Strauss. Can anyone confirm this?

I just did part IV, like you say just collected 2 debts, Strausse asks me to put it in the box ans that's it I guess. No other confirmation

6 hours ago, Katzen147 said:

Yes same for me. Just did part IV and it's not in the story tab under chapter 3. 

Also: Someone here that did the "The Course of True Love" quest and only has part II and part III in the story tab?

1. It's weird that the parts are listed inidvidually now compared to the money lending quest and 2. Part I is not listed? 

12 hours ago, black__bunny said:

Part 1 & 2 are within the same quest as far I can see. The quest has the 3 loan defaulters and then once you return the money, that opens the camp ledger for upgrades. That could be part 2.

Part 3 is going after a fourth loan defaulter.

Were there 3 loan defaulters in the 1st part.  I went and collected from one person and it said to put the money in the box, at which point I bought an upgrade for camp, then I went and beat a  guy half to death who couldn't pay and went back to camp and the quest lines ended for me and show up part 3 complete under my missions.  I think originally 3 defaulters were marked on the map but once i collected the others disappeared.  I really don't remember 100% i didn't think it was going to be such a chore to keep track of missions in this game.  I just know i didn't collect 3 debts before moving on to putting the money in the box.

Edited by steel6burgh

8 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

Were there 3 loan defaulters in the 1st part.  I went and collected from one person and it said to put the money in the box, at which point I bought an upgrade for camp, then I went and beat a  guy half to death who couldn't pay and went back to camp and the quest lines ended for me and show up part 3 complete under my missions.  I think originally 3 defaulters were marked on the map but once i collected the others disappeared.  I really don't remember 100% i didn't think it was going to be such a chore to keep track of missions in this game.  I just know i didn't collect 3 debts before moving on to putting the money in the box.

Same happened to me, I did the polish guy and donated to the box which ended the quest. But to be safe I went and collected dept from the other 2 as well before ending the 3rd quest

18 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Same happened to me, I did the polish guy and donated to the box which ended the quest. But to be safe I went and collected dept from the other 2 as well before ending the 3rd quest

damn i didn't collect from the other two because their markers disappeared on the map after getting the polish guys. I guess i'm going to wait until a more detailed guide on that mission is up before i go any further.  I'm guessing you have to collect one debt then buy the camp upgrade after which you do the last debt and the mission ends.  Probably only need one of the 3 during the 1st part.   

12 hours ago, Katzen147 said:

Yeah also on the percentage to get the trophy on Rockstar SocialClub it sill says I'm at 20% for Lending a Hand, and I've been at 20 since the end of Chapter 2. Now I'm on Chapter 3 and did all of the optional missions required for this trophy available on that chapter and the percentage isn't going up. It's really weird.

EDIT : nevermind I got it. I have to finish the for example story line "The Course of True Love" completely for it to affect my pourcentage. If I only complete the parts available to me in Chapter 3 (Parts I to III), it doesn't affect the trophy yet, I have to wait to complete Parts IV to V for it to count towards the trophy. So there's 10 story lines you need to complete, here's what I got from two other sites.

Here are the 10 story lines :

* We Loved Once and True (Complete during Chapter 2)
* Good, Honest Snake Oil (Complete during Chapter 2)
* The Course of True Love  (Begin during Chapter 2, complete during Chapter 6)
* Money Lending and Other Sins (Begin during Chapter 2, complete during Chapter 6)
* Help a Brother Out (Complete during Chapter 4)
* Brothers and Sisters, One and All (Complete during Chapter 4)
* Fatherhood and Other Dreams (Complete during Chapter 4)
* Do Not Seek Absolution (Complete during Chapter 6)
* Archeology For Beginners & Honor, Amongst Thieves (Complete during Chapter 6)
* Mrs Sadie Adler, Widow (Complete during Chapter 6)

So we don't really care about the questlog since the missions with several parts will only feature one or two parts on the questlog, so just check your SocialClub account, under Trophies -> Close to Completion. At the end of Chapter 2, you should be at 20% (2/10 storylines completed), end of Chapter 3, still the same, end of Chapter 4 at 50% (5/10 storylines completed), for Chapter 5 still the same, and finally you'll get the trophy once you complete the remaining 5 storyline during Chapter 6. 

It took me some time to figure that out, but I think that's it. I'm still at Chapter 3, so it's all theoritical, but it's seems to be the most logical thing here.

Edited by Martinouchou
  • Like 4

On 10/27/2018 at 2:45 PM, Katzen147 said:

I just did part V

Was it only 1 house this time?

Hi everyone, I’ve been monitoring the internet for a solution/answer for this problem and I found a thread on a YouTube video about it. Someone confirmed they followed the guide perfectly, and did ALL of the requirements listed, and no trophy popped. It seems as though this is indeed glitched. Back up your saves just in case! If someone has heard differently or has a solution, please let us/me know. You can message me on psn - frankenteen 

Edited by frankenteen
typo

On 10/28/2018 at 9:23 AM, steel6burgh said:

The 3 loan defaulter in part 1 are Mr Wrubel (German guy whose house you search), Chick Matthews (chase down with your horse and get the map from him), Lilly Millet (fist fight with Cooper)

At any stage after collecting one of these loans, you can go back to camp and place the money in the kitty. That triggers Part 2 - upgrading the camp site - and part 3 - Thomas Downs.

You should try finish the 2/3 from part one before going for the last guy, as that might end the mission but I cant say for sure. 

6 hours ago, frankenteen said:

Hi everyone, I’ve been monitoring the internet for a solution/answer for this problem and I found a thread on a YouTube video about it. Someone confirmed they followed the guide perfectly, and did ALL of the requirements listed, and no trophy popped. It seems as though this is indeed glitched. Back up your saves just in case! If someone has heard differently or has a solution, please let us/me know. You can message me on psn - frankenteen 

Damn this would be sad as hell knowing you did everything according to guide and still failing to get trophy, hopefully it won't happen to the most of us

Edit: Just found this tweet on PP

2dcgyh5.jpg

@sepheroithisgod  @ChaosZake

I see that you have the trophy, how was your path in completing the optional story missions?

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, xX_NICE_GARRY_Xx said:

Anyone else having a problem from Money Lenders and Other Sins Part V where they keep disappearing off the map and when their on the map they can't be accessed??

Who or what is disappearing? Please put between [.spoiler][./spoiler] (without dots)

Edited by Erkawest

27 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Who or what is disappearing? Please put between [.spoiler][./spoiler] (without dots)

Ill try not to spoil but after the first debt you collect the next ones pop up on the map but when I go to them, they both say that I cannot access these missions due to a recent crime even if I haven't done anything wrong in ages. Then other times the icons for these missions disappear off the map and come back after some time has past and I'm trying to not proceed in the story too much as I want to be able to finish this mission for the platinum trophy