Optional story mission "Money Lending and other sins"

Erkawest

11 minutes ago, xX_NICE_GARRY_Xx said:

Ill try not to spoil but after the first debt you collect the next ones pop up on the map but when I go to them, they both say that I cannot access these missions due to a recent crime even if I haven't done anything wrong in ages. Then other times the icons for these missions disappear off the map and come back after some time has past and I'm trying to not proceed in the story too much as I want to be able to finish this mission for the platinum trophy

That's weird, you are talking about part V in chapter 4 right? For me..

I just had to go to an empty house and collect the debt. Nothing else was marked on the map. You mean there are more debts ?

8 minutes ago, shlomaniac said:

Wait.. After you bank the 3 loans in the box there is another one? I just. Finished chapter 2 after confirming nothing was left, will be a bummer to know its glitched or missing.. 

6 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

That's weird, you are talking about part V in chapter 4 right? For me..

Hide contents

I just had to go to an empty house and collect the debt. Nothing else was marked on the map. You mean there are more debts ?

Yes sorry lads meant in chapter 4 haha, it came up with another 2 debts from Winton and Gyth I think the name is

Edited by xX_NICE_GARRY_Xx

On 28.10.2018 at 2:42 AM, Martinouchou said:

Yeah also on the percentage to get the trophy on Rockstar SocialClub it sill says I'm at 20% for Lending a Hand, and I've been at 20 since the end of Chapter 2. Now I'm on Chapter 3 and did all of the optional missions required for this trophy available on that chapter and the percentage isn't going up. It's really weird.

EDIT : nevermind I got it. I have to finish the for example story line "The Course of True Love" completely for it to affect my pourcentage. If I only complete the parts available to me in Chapter 3 (Parts I to III), it doesn't affect the trophy yet, I have to wait to complete Parts IV to V for it to count towards the trophy. So there's 10 story lines you need to complete, here's what I got from two other sites.

Here are the 10 story lines :

* We Loved Once and True (Complete during Chapter 2)
* Good, Honest Snake Oil (Complete during Chapter 2)
* The Course of True Love  (Begin during Chapter 2, complete during Chapter 6)
* Money Lending and Other Sins (Begin during Chapter 2, complete during Chapter 6)
* Help a Brother Out (Complete during Chapter 4)
* Brothers and Sisters, One and All (Complete during Chapter 4)
* Fatherhood and Other Dreams (Complete during Chapter 4)
* Do Not Seek Absolution (Complete during Chapter 6)
* Archeology For Beginners & Honor, Amongst Thieves (Complete during Chapter 6)
* Mrs Sadie Adler, Widow (Complete during Chapter 6)

So we don't really care about the questlog since the missions with several parts will only feature one or two parts on the questlog, so just check your SocialClub account, under Trophies -> Close to Completion. At the end of Chapter 2, you should be at 20% (2/10 storylines completed), end of Chapter 3, still the same, end of Chapter 4 at 50% (5/10 storylines completed), for Chapter 5 still the same, and finally you'll get the trophy once you complete the remaining 5 storyline during Chapter 6. 

It took me some time to figure that out, but I think that's it. I'm still at Chapter 3, so it's all theoritical, but it's seems to be the most logical thing here.

Addition: You have to do Of Men and Angels (I, II)  in Chapter 6 aswell, making it 12 story lines.  

Edited by Alex_R-13
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, xX_NICE_GARRY_Xx said:

Ill try not to spoil but after the first debt you collect the next ones pop up on the map but when I go to them, they both say that I cannot access these missions due to a recent crime even if I haven't done anything wrong in ages. Then other times the icons for these missions disappear off the map and come back after some time has past and I'm trying to not proceed in the story too much as I want to be able to finish this mission for the platinum trophy

I have the same issue. I guess it is a glitch. I did the money lending V and it ending up as completed in the log. Every time I become wanted those money collect icons appear on the map again but I cannot access them. 

5 hours ago, GTAJJ said:

I did the grave mission. But this appears everytime I get a wanted level. This may be the glitched one.

DqtGlXWXcAAAe_V.jpg

Jup. Got the same one but only when I am wanted. 

Guys, don't worry. These missions aren't supposed to show up in the mission log as they don't award any medals. If you finish the chapter and go to your "story" tab in the social club, you'll see you will have 17/17 missions (in chapter III) and Money Lending and Other Sins IV  ain't one of them. As for those reporting having only 90% at the end... I have no idea

EDIT: Now I know. People who have been reporting the 90% haven't done the mission: "Of Men and Angels" that was only been confirmed recently as mandatory for the trophy.

Edited by RubenEXTREME
New infos

Ok, "Money Lending and Other Sins - III" shows as completed in the story/chapter 2 section in the game. I know I completed it, did all the debt collections, etc. I then moved on to chapter 3. However, On the Rockstar Social Club it shows as the only mission from chapter 2 that was not completed. On Social Club, it says 17 of 18 complete in chapter 2 and this mission is not there. Just a blank spot where it should be. Additionally, on the Social Club under "Trophies", it does not give me a percentage complete for the Lending a Hand trophy. That trophy is greyed out while others do give me a percentage complete. I'm thinking I've missed out on this trophy and unfortunately, at this point my only option is to start the game from the beginning : (  What do you guys think?

29 minutes ago, simpjkee said:

Ok, "Money Lending and Other Sins - III" shows as completed in the story/chapter 2 section in the game. I know I completed it, did all the debt collections, etc. I then moved on to chapter 3. However, On the Rockstar Social Club it shows as the only mission from chapter 2 that was not completed. On Social Club, it says 17 of 18 complete in chapter 2 and this mission is not there. Just a blank spot where it should be. Additionally, on the Social Club under "Trophies", it does not give me a percentage complete for the Lending a Hand trophy. That trophy is greyed out while others do give me a percentage complete. I'm thinking I've missed out on this trophy and unfortunately, at this point my only option is to start the game from the beginning : (  What do you guys think?

On my social club got showing Money Lending and Other Sins - III, after debt collections

Screenshot-2018-10-30-at-2-47-15-PM.png

Edited by unknownds

2 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Apparently it's at the church of Saint Denis, the nun asks for donation. You need to complete the previous quests in the same line for this 

I'm in Chapter 6 know and don't want to miss anything. Thanks for the information. Checking it out later the day.

19 minutes ago, JPageMartin36 said:

Do these honour missions come to you quite naturally or do you have to carefully look up where to go and at what points etc (In order to get given them)? I'm two missions into C2.

You will see them marked on the map as soon as they become avaiable. But you can still miss them by not doing them before ending the chapter  They are not needed to progress the story line. It's best to write a list over all missions and completing them as soons as they become avaiable.

• Like 1

Chapter 6: Of Men and Angels (I, II) – Quest Giver: SC (in Saint Denis, talk to Sister Calderon at Church, where the letter “E” of Saint Denis is on map. Only available if you completed ‘Brothers and Sisters, One and All’).
It doesn’t get added to the missions list, it’s just a quick donation mission in Saint Denis at Church.

Just got the trophy.... PowerPyx updated his guide tonight... just follow along his guide and you will not miss this trophy. Could be helpful to use his Story Walkthrough Guide too, so you can see when the honour missions will be avaiable. Glad i knocked that out of the way ;)

• Like 1