Optional story mission "Money Lending and other sins"

Erkawest

Ok everyone, I have earned the Lending a Hand Trophy. the thing that may be causing your trophy not to pop is the nun mission in chapter 6. Even though it is listed in PowerPyx’s guide, the marker didn’t actually show up on my map. I travelled to rhe church in Saint Denis (located near the E in Saint Denis) and the marker popped up. hope this helps!

P.S - don’t worry about the last few money lending missions not appearing in the mission log, it doesn’t matter, at least in my case. 

Edited by frankenteen
Additional info
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex_R-13 said:

How can I get the quests from the wapiti camp and sadie? I visitied the wapiti resorvation, but there is no quest. Also I see no marker from Sadie in the camp?

Wrong thread my friend, but I'm in the same boat. I just need the 2 Wapiti and Sadie's... But I think for these we need to progress more into the story. Atleast we have unfogged the area so we can see when the quest spawns

29 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Wrong thread my friend, but I'm in the same boat. I just need the 2 Wapiti and Sadie's... But I think for these we need to progress more into the story. Atleast we have unfogged the area so we can see when the quest spawns

I can confirm that once you do the mission, "A Rage Unleashed" for Reverend Swanson, Archeology for Beginners is unlocked. Whilst doing that mission, you're given the choice to assist a character which unlocks the second Wapiti honor mission.

As for Sadie's honor mission, you'll unlock that after completing Sadie's second mission in Chapter 6.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Not sure how reliable the rockstar social club tracker is for these type of trophies. My top 5 “closest to achieving” listed does not show the lending hand. I have done all of the optionals in chapter 2 and 3.

As far as I understand this should put me at 20% completed. My only thought is maybe the social club only shows the top 5 closest and nothing more(?).

If that were the case then that’d explain why it isn’t showing as my lowest top 5 is at 26%.

In addition I have optional missions not appearing in my log as well. Debt Collecting IV for example, so I believe that’s common.

On 10/28/2018 at 0:55 AM, steel6burgh said:

damn i didn't collect from the other two because their markers disappeared on the map after getting the polish guys. I guess i'm going to wait until a more detailed guide on that mission is up before i go any further.  I'm guessing you have to collect one debt then buy the camp upgrade after which you do the last debt and the mission ends.  Probably only need one of the 3 during the 1st part.   

Can anyone confirms that collecting debts only from 1 guy (polish - Wróbel) -> camp upgrade -> finishing quest, will mark this quest as solved in spite of Lending A Hand trophy?

49 minutes ago, lebrykgebryk said:

Can anyone confirms that collecting debts only from 1 guy (polish - Wróbel) -> camp upgrade -> finishing quest, will mark this quest as solved in spite of Lending A Hand trophy?

I collected the debt from polish guy and went back to Strauss, which gave me the 4th guy quest. So I didn't do the other 2 when I "completed" this part of the quest.. But after I got the quest to go get the 4th guy, I still went and collected from the other two just to be sure. Got the trophy in the end

11 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I collected the debt from polish guy and went back to Strauss, which gave me the 4th guy quest. So I didn't do the other 2 when I "completed" this part of the quest.. But after I got the quest to go get the 4th guy, I still went and collected from the other two just to be sure. Got the trophy in the end

You did that 2 other guys after you finish 4th guy and got medal for III'th part, or before? 

50 minutes ago, lebrykgebryk said:

You did that 2 other guys after you finish 4th guy and got medal for III'th part, or before? 

No, I didn't wanna risk something so I completed the 2 other guys (because their icons were still on the map) before going to the 4th in part III, but after completing the polish guy and returning the debt to Strauss (part I or II complete)

Edited by Erkawest

12 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

No, I didn't wanna risk something so I completed the 2 other guys (because their icons were still on the map) before going to the 4th in part III, but after completing the polish guy and returning the debt to Strauss (part I or II complete)

Arghh.. I've missed that 2guys and complete story. 

Anyone can confirm, that i've not totally screw up this trophy?

Ok. Regarding some comment in powerpyx, i can still get debts from 2 guys, even if i've completed part III:

http://www.powerpyx.com/red-dead-redemption-2-trophy-guide-roadmap/#comment-13637

Edited by lebrykgebryk
update

You can still collect the 2 debts from the people in part 1 that the game skips once you collect 1 of the 3 to trigger part 2, after finishing part 3.  Hopefully the trophy still pops for me given I did them after part 3.  Their icons show in the map in white circles instead of yellow.

On 10/30/2018 at 1:36 PM, RubenEXTREME said:

Chapter 6: Of Men and Angels (I, II) – Quest Giver: SC (in Saint Denis, talk to Sister Calderon at Church, where the letter “E” of Saint Denis is on map. Only available if you completed ‘Brothers and Sisters, One and All’).
It doesn’t get added to the missions list, it’s just a quick donation mission in Saint Denis at Church.

Until when this mission is available?

I'm after the Monroe saving mission and a sister board the train. 

Edited by shlomaniac

1 hour ago, shlomaniac said:

Until when this mission is available?

I'm after the Monroe saving mission and a sister board the train. 

This mission gets locked out and becomes missed if you are already doing the Monroe mission. The angels mission is available at end of ch 5/start of ch 6

20 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

This mission gets locked out and becomes missed if you are already doing the Monroe mission. The angels mission is available at end of ch 5/start of ch 6

Yep i saw a video about that, loaded my previous save and went to st. Danis instead of this mission. Got the trophy now, FINALLY DONE WITH MISSABLE TROPHIES, Thanks. 

Edited by shlomaniac

Anyone had he guys for part IV of this just disappear?

i finished the first chapter for part 3 yesterday and after getting back to camp I talked to Straus. He gave me two people to collect from, I checked the map to locate both and then saved because I had to make dinner

today I load up to collect the debts and they are....gone. Don’t show up on the map anymore. I tried to reload a couple different things but didn’t work, and I annoyingly re did my “save update” on my two files I carry after I got the mission. 

Can i I do this anymore? Am I somehow locked out for it? Would be kind of silly to let me start a mission and then let me save and it fails the mission :(