This looks like a tough platinum...

tnaires

I'm a big fan of the Descent series and I've been expecting this game for some time now.

I went through the trophy list and it seems to have a bit of everything: online trophies, difficulty specific trophies, collectibles trophies, specific tasks trophies and even a speed run trophy. Looks pretty exciting as it will retain the player for several hours of pure fun, but also looks like the platinum will take a lot of effort to obtain.

It looks like challenge mode will be the most difficult part of the platinum, especially the "Unbreakable" and "Are You Insane?" trophies. No idea how hard challenge mode is or what the game plays like, but from a glance it seems like it will be time consuming. Also, the speedrun could be a pain (not sure how long the game is).

Multiplayer trophies don't look too challenging, it's all "finish x number of matches" and get "x number of kills/deaths". The 1000 kills will be a grind, but nothing too insane (not like BF Hardline's 10,000 kill trophies). The trophy list looks to be fair and it seems you will definitely get your money's worth in going for this platinum.

2 minutes ago, ResoluteRock said:

It looks like challenge mode will be the most difficult part of the platinum, especially the "Unbreakable" and "Are You Insane?" trophies. No idea how hard challenge mode is or what the game plays like, but from a glance it seems like it will be time consuming. Also, the speedrun could be a pain (not sure how long the game is).

Multiplayer trophies don't look too challenging, it's all "finish x number of matches" and get "x number of kills/deaths". The 1000 kills will be a grind, but nothing too insane (not like BF Hardline's 10,000 kill trophies). The trophy list looks to be fair and it seems you will definitely get your money's worth in going for this platinum.

Yeah agree. Recently I got the platinum for Doom 3 BFG Edition and although it's not exactly unachievable, took me a huge investment on hours to get, but I felt very proud in the end. I can see this game will give me a similar feeling if I ever get the platinum trophy. Definitely worth the money.

About the speed run trophy... It requires finishing the Cronus mission in under 3 hours. I was not sure about how long this Cronus mission would be, but it seems pretty big from this page.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

As of September 2020 the Platinum is now unobtainable, as the studio behind the game closed down and so did the online servers sadly.. only Community servers on the PC version still work... Strangely however the online leaderboards for the challenge mode maps still have working leaderboards.