Trophy thoughts for Shadow of Loot Box

ShadowStar83x

On 10/27/2018 at 7:54 PM, MrUnknown625 said:

yeah..... unfortunately

Stop using stupidly fast/easy trophy lists to sell games @developers @publishers 

On 11/1/2018 at 0:40 AM, Frescher1 said:

It's really heartbreaking to see that the one person that asks for this trend of super easy trophy games to end doesn't get any support.

Shouldn't games be made to be enjoyable first and foremost instead of just being used to easily generate money?? 

You havent played their games, so why are you whining? The first of you got a list packed of other easy plat so why you wrote that is a mystery, maybe you are obsessed and cant stop, then I recommend a good gaming therapist. 

These are short, fun and clever games, alot of us enjoy them. Let us do that.

And if you are gonna hate on something, make sure you have actually played the game before.

Mmkay 

• Like 1

On 27/10/2018 at 6:54 PM, MrUnknown625 said:

yeah..... unfortunately

Stop using stupidly fast/easy trophy lists to sell games @developers @publishers 

Fair enough if you pride yourself on only earning hard plats but why piss and moan lol.

The sad thing is you really are missing out on some great little games here!  Just because they are easy trophy lists doesn't mean they are shit games.  Granted, there are lots out there but Ratalaika are by far the best dev/publisher when it comes to these type of games by far.  I've played everyone to date and have not been dissapointed, They make their games exeptionally well and fun plus the easy plat is a great bonus and as you get crossbuy 2 plats and even more if you want to stack them.  I love having some fun little games to chill with after a huge plat like dead by daylight or warhammer.

Ratalaika FOREVER!!  ?

On 10/28/2018 at 5:14 AM, RatalaikaGames said:

The diffuclty depends on the game difficulty, but you need to complete the game 100% and discover a couple of secrets. It's not as easy as some of other titles by us.
Also yes it's 100% about LootBoxes XD, it's actually a comedy game.

Oh shit, Ratalaika have an account on here. I have a good bunch of your games on Switch. Thanks for constantly being on sale, love a cheapie, also bought Vaccine day one and freakin' loved it.

Anyways, you're now officially the first person / group on this site that I've bothered to follow. Just thought I'd bop by to say cheers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Oh shit, Ratalaika have an account on here. I have a good bunch of your games on Switch. Thanks for constantly being on sale, love a cheapie, also bought Vaccine day one and freakin' loved it.

Anyways, you're now officially the first person / group on this site that I've bothered to follow. Just thought I'd bop by to say cheers.

Thank you very much!!! Yeah I do actually xD, I try to finish some games from time to time when Im not working >.<! I finished one yesterday just to fin it had no platinum after the last level.... I should have checked better lol.

Great to hear you love Vaccine!! A bit too difficult for me tbh, I preffer Back in 1995, more approachable hehe.

Actually, you can say person cause only 2 of us here and only me handling the social media haha.

On 31/10/2018 at 11:40 PM, Frescher1 said:

It's really heartbreaking to see that the one person that asks for this trend of super easy trophy games to end doesn't get any support.

Shouldn't games be made to be enjoyable first and foremost instead of just being used to easily generate money?? 

@RatalaikaGames Seem to me to be a good, small publisher who promote and support very small indie devs with a good business model. 

It seems to me that you haven't through this comment. The games that Ratalaika publish are not shovel ware as others above have said. As someone else said, they own a few of the games on Switch, where there are no trophies. They are enjoyable first, with an overlay of easy trophies and multiple versions. 

If I had to guess, Ratalaika work with very small devs who are trying to out different genre and game ideas in small projects (Almost all Ratalaika games are a different genre), whilst still getting paid for the effort they put in. 

Clearly, there is a small market for these experimental games so the price must be kept low and any overlay that can be used to attract a wider target audience is well worth it. So you make simple indie games for a low cost, making sure to have stackable and Vita versions to attract the wider audience of trophy hunters as well as those who would be the games regardless. 

This doesn't JUST "Easily Generate money" for Ratalaika. It also;

1) Brings an audience to their games who see that it isn't the same Shovelware you see on the Steam store for example

2) Raises Rataliaka's name as a company who support small devs trying experimental ideas, which may strike it big with an unknown name in the future. 

3) Gives very small devs a way to get paid more than they normally would for their experimental games, which also gives them more money and assets to improve their craft in future. 

If Ratalaika make a living off this model I am happy for them, plus as they pointed out, their games can be made more challenging if you wish. Just because the trophies are easy doesn't mean there is no challenge in their games. 

Edited by Slayer1189
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 1:54 PM, MrUnknown625 said:

yeah..... unfortunately

On 10/31/2018 at 7:40 PM, Frescher1 said:

All of these people who are claiming they bought these games because they were FUN are full of themselves. Even if a very few did, most of you did it for the trophies and just admit it. Your defending this developer for profiting from trophy whores such as yourselves. You can buy great AA and AAA games on the cheap all the time on PSN store or at retail. If you have a few of these easy platinums then I can understand a little experimentation. But so many of you in this forum have countless insta and less than 1 hour platinums. Get real.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RatalaikaGames said:

Thank you very much!!! Yeah I do actually xD, I try to finish some games from time to time when Im not working >.<! I finished one yesterday just to fin it had no platinum after the last level.... I should have checked better lol.

Great to hear you love Vaccine!! A bit too difficult for me tbh, I preffer Back in 1995, more approachable hehe.

Actually, you can say person cause only 2 of us here and only me handling the social media haha.

I never could actually finish Vaccine. I love it nonetheless. Randomly generated, PS1 Resident Evil style survival horror, with a countdown timer race to the finish? How could I not grab that day one? I've had games where I've nearly survived the full half an hour (without finding the vaccine, mind you) only to be killed last second by one of those damn crawling bastards. Game is great, I wish more games would go for the retro PS1 aesthetic really, 8 bit has been done to death and 16 bit is not far off from it, but so very few games have gone for the 32 bit look and I think it's absolutely beautiful, and the tank controls were 10/10. I love the thing. 

Back in 1995 hey? Never heard of it, gave it a Google, looks like I'll have another one of your games on Switch come Q1, 2019.

Also I've always liked your logo, but it's always been small enough on my screen (not sure I've actually played any of your games in the dock) that I thought the doggy's brain was like super big and couldn't fit in it's head any more, now that it's on here and a bit bigger, I can see the pup's got a passenger. Learn something every day.

57 minutes ago, pahiran said:

All of these people who are claiming they bought these games because they were FUN are full of themselves. Even if a very few did, most of you did it for the trophies and just admit it. Your defending this developer for profiting from trophy whores such as yourselves. You can buy great AA and AAA games on the cheap all the time on PSN store or at retail. If you have a few of these easy platinums then I can understand a little experimentation. But so many of you in this forum have countless insta and less than 1 hour platinums. Get real.

I bought them on Switch with no trophies entirely for fun. 

But even I know, on a trophy hunting site, the majority of buyers of a game with easy trophies, are generally people after said trophies.