What missables are there in Libra of Soul?

PolarPhantom

As I was travelling, I noticed a side mission with Raphael's face attached. This was during Chapter 2, if my recollection is reliable. It was in an awkward part of Western Europe, so I decided to wait as I travelled through the main story hoping to gather funds and/or have more advantageous point to launch an expedition from. So, I reached Chapter 3... and it was gone. The mission had vanished. Near it, another mission had appeared but for Zasalamel. I don't know if it was the chapter or the years changing that caused this, or something else. Indeed, I didn't see it vanish, so I can only guess what happened.

So is this character specific mission gone forever? Is there anything else I should keep an eye out for?

In all honesty, don't worry too much about missions which disappear, of in fact change to another. There isn't anything attached to the different levels that will class as entirely missable. All you need to really look out for are the Astral Fissures and the battle Against an Ancient level Character. Everything else should come with time.