Twelve Days of Trophies - (Event is over)

I know that I kinda forgot the Halloween Event, but I feel I may get some nice platinums during this event's timestamp

The games are going to be the following:

12 - Ray Gigant (Vita) - During these game's battles, there is a feature called the Slash Beat Mode, where you have a rhythm mini-game. The better you score at this mini-game the better the attack. I already started this game and I am currently at the 4th chapter. 

6 - Final Fantasy XV (PS4) - This game talks a lot about Noctic kingdom's inheritance (The Royal Arms) and all this dramatic story starts with what the fall of his father's kingdom (and death). I am at Chapter 13, about to finish the story, yet have some little griding to do later.

5 - Sly 3 (Vita) - In this game you collect gold coins, plus Sly is a thief who steals lots of stuff.

That's all for now!

Ok think I have a good base list here (suppose I'll just update this if I change my mind before hand).  Love these categories btw, and I think some of my games are pushing the themes a little bit, so if one doesn't work, just let me know..

12 Drummers Drumming: Kingdom Hearts II  - Atlantis level is a giant rhythm game.

11 Pipers Piping: Burnout Paradise Remastered - Great driving music for the most part

10 Lords A-Leaping: Prototype 2 - Lot of leaping and jumping

9 Ladies Dancing: Horizon Zero Dawn  - Again, lead is a girl who also happens to be pretty good to surviving and fighting, so not really a stretch.

8 Maids A-Milking:  Yoku's Island Express - Ok, this is one of the ones I think is a bit of a stretch, but I had a hard time with this one.  It is about delivering mail on an island, which I mean, doesn't mean it has to be rural, but it seems to have that vibe.

7 Swans A-Swimming: Bioshock (PS4) - I mean, aren't you really in the water the whole time...

6 Geese A-Laying: Contrast  - Story is about a girl trying to bond with her father, from what I've seen, though that simplifies it a bit.

5 Gold Rings: Vostik Inc. - This is just shooting things and running an empire to make moolah, so pretty much on the nose.

4 Colly Birds: Undergarden  - The whole world is basically dark until you light it up (though not crushingly)

3 French Hens: Wheels of Aurelia - Game's set in Italy.  Dev's from Italy.  Score.

2 Turtle Doves: Stories: The Path of Destinies  - I think there's a decent amount of reptiles, but I know there's plenty of birds.

And a Partridge in a Pear Tree: Kona  - Game is set in a town covered in snow, and not to exclude people who live closer to the equator, but I think it works.

Edited by willythom88
Changed one of my choices

Count me in! I will have to check my game backlog on what would fit for some. I know the Reptile one would be the Spyro collection coming very soon. I had a quick question for the day about motherhood/fatherhood, would Dream Daddy count for it, since you are a single father with your daughter trying to match with another daddy ^^; Also once im able to, Ill try to post my possible list

Count me in! 

Here are my game picks for the event. I may change some of these prior to the start date, but I'm sticking with these ones for now.

12 Drummers Drumming: Thumper - Really fun rhythm game that requires pretty quick reflexes. I'll be doing this is VR.

11 Pipers Piping: Spyro the Dragon - Stewart Copeland's soundtrack is phenomenal in all three games but it stands out in this one. Completed on November 17

10 Lords A-Leaping: Crysis 3 - You get to jump real high in the Crysis games.   Completed on November 29

9 Ladies Dancing: Heavy Rain  - Press X to dance

8 Maids A-Milking:  Red Dead Redemption 2 - Ok so this is a major stretch but I may as well try to go for the plat. I'll be robbing tons of farmers of their hard earned $$$

7 Swans A-Swimming: Spyro: Year of The Dragon - It's the game in the series with the most underwater sections.  Completed on November 22

6 Geese A-Laying: Final Fantasy X HD - Tidus has major Daddy issues. His strained relationship with his father is the overarching theme of the game. 

5 Gold Rings: Sonic the Hedgehog - Gotta go fast for this one. Pretty glad I was able to go for a literal fit. 

4 Colly Birds: RAGE - Apocalypses are still depressing, I think.

3 French Hens: Battlefield 1 - The entire game is set on the European front of WW1

2 Turtle Doves: Spyro 2  - Dragons are reptiles. Change my mind.  Completed on November 20

And a Partridge in a Pear Tree: Overcooked 2  - I'm using up my bonus game for the game I'll be playing with my significant other. Accomplishing this will depend on her, but I'm confident we'll be able to get through the game before the deadline.  Completed on November 26
Edited by DoucetDudes

I'll join in order to clean up some of the games that I've neglected finishing this year:

12: Little Dragons Cafe - making dishes is a rhythm mini-game (this game may be used for 8 instead if I find something else that fits here)

10: Type:Rider - it's a platformer, so jumping is a give-in

9: Dungeon Travelers 2 - Pretty much all the baddies are sexy demons/monsters that try to get the main character to overlook how bad they've been in exchange for sexual favors (or try to guilt him into letting him go because he's a 'pervert')

3: Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator - the devs are Polish, and nearly all characters in the game have British accents

1: Atelier Shallie Plus - I need to get this one done and it doesn't really fit anywhere else

As for the bonus.... I have the Persona Dancing Collection, Dragon Quest XI, Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, Slime Rancher, Punchline, and Call of Cthulhu on my Christmas wishlist. I'll be gifting myself either Slime Rancher or Punchline if the Christmas wishlist doesn't work out :P

Thanks for hosting!

I'm definitely in. And since I'm going with this new profile "OneSkillPoint" (feel free to add me, can always use more current friends) I'm playing some of these games over again in an attempt to platinum them all which I've never done. I think the important thing is to stick to fun games that you'll want to come back to so I'll plan this list around that idea + the requirements. 

My list is complete and definitely doable.

12 Drummers Drumming: Yakuza Kiwami  - Good music and features karaoke. Also, the game is free for November. 

11 Pipers Piping: Dust An Elysian Tail - Underrated game with an underrated soundtrack. (Might be my favorite one!)

10 Lords A-Leaping: Uncharted 4 - Because.....it's Drake.... who's always jumping.

9 Ladies Dancing: Horizon Zero Dawn  - I'm going to go with Horizon as well. I know this was mentioned earlier by willythom88, and I agree with the sentiment.

8 Maids A-Milking: Everybody's Gone to Rapture - Thanks for the recommendation jninja79!

7 Swans A-Swimming: Uncharted - Game has entire water levels including the cool jet ski level.

6 Geese A-Laying: God of War - All about Kratos in fatherhood and teaching his son. Also, I haven't played it yet. 

5 Gold Rings: Sleeping Dogs - Have to make money to buy a lot of things. There are even trophies associated with money. That $50,000 bet trophy...oh boy.

4 Colly Birds: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice  - Very dark and psychotic. Also, haven't fully beat it. 

3 French Hens: The Order 1886 - Game's set in London England.

2 Turtle Doves: Final Fantasy XV- Recommend, have entire chocobo missions and that GIANT adamantoise...how could I forget.  Thanks eigen-space!

1 A Partridge in a Pear Tree: Rouge Galaxy - A classic that brings back great memories and has a full trophy set to complete.

Edited by OneSkillPoint

I need to check my backlog since I will try to clean some games this month but I have a few games I will like to play during the event:

2 Drummers Drumming: TBA.

11 Pipers Piping: Gran Turismo 6 because danm I really love those original themes :yay:.
10 Lords A-Leaping: Dead Rising 2: Off The Record you ain't gonna run from those zombies by just runnin' aroun y'know! :eyebrow:.

9 Ladies Dancing: Such beauty, such grace! Play a game that stars a femme fatale of some sort, or failing that, a game that at least has some women dancing in it.

8 Maids A-MilkingMinecraft / Minecraft: Story Mode I'm not sure since I have to buy one of those but I've been looking forward to play them for a long time.

7 Swans A-SwimmingBioshock 2 since well... The city of Columbia is under the water :awesome:

6 Geese A-Laying: TBA

5 Gold Rings: TBA.
4 Colly Birds: I'll play Persona 5 since you spend your time dealing with the disorted minds of dangerous people that threat the closes to them ?

3 French Hens:TBA.

2 Turtle Doves: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty / Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker  the snake is a reptile... isn't it?
1 a Partridge in a Pear Tree: This is going to be a surprise (even for me!) I will pick this along the event, it may be some game from my backlog or a brand new entrance for my profile:blink:

Thought i will probably ending finishing 3 or 4 since they all require a few hours to :platinum: ??

Well I did my choices for the event so here is what I got (in order of how its written in the main post)

12- Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight a pretty obvious rhythm game

11- Secret of Mana The original soundtrack is amazing (& the remakes aren't that bad)

10- Mega Man X Legacy 2 4 games in 1 where there's obvious jumps & wall jumps

9- Mirror's Edge Catalyst A lovely looking lady who can fight & do parkour.

8- Real Farm You work on a farm and trying to own yours

7- Abzu You basically swim in the water for most of the game

6- Dream Daddy Playing as a dad in a neighborhood with your daughter and meeting other dads.

5- Yakuza 0 You build your empire, shop & even level up with the help of $$$

4- Yomawari Midnight Shadows You play as 2 people who needs to explore a town where mysterious paranormal stuff happens, while trying to survive in the dark with your small light.

3- The Order 1866 You play the game in a steampunk version of 1866 London.

2- Spyro 1 ( from the collection) You are a dragon, saving bigger dragons & you do burn some birds sometimes

1- My Hero's One Justice a fighting game I recently got which I feel would add another genre during that event :)

Edited by Lord_Kotsu
forgot a word in it

Really liking the idea of this event, I usually wind down from trophy hunting to spend more time playing with my friends but ill give this a go. Just reading down the list tons of game idea popped to mind for almost every one.

12 - N/A - Haven't got a clue for this one, the only game I can think of is Sound Shapes but i've already done all stacks :(

11 - Mafia 3 - So many games spring to mind for this one, Watchdogs, Saints Row 3 & 4, Driveclub, The Crew 2, etc, However most of these ive already finished and I need to get this finished

10 - Destiny 2 - Loved the first one, not so keen on this one. Only need a prestige raid to plat though so hoping to get this one out the way so long as the elitists dont rear there ugly heads again

9 - N/A - This one is going to be tricky, playing as a female character is not an option for me and finding a game with dancing women could be a pain.

8 - Jurassic World Evolution / Farming Sim - Now technically Jurassic counts but its up for debate, As for Farming Sim this will either be 15 on ps3 or 19 if I buy it in the event timeframe.

7 - Assassins Creed Odyssey - Plenty of water in this :D

6 - N/A - No idea, all the games I can come up with ive already done. Heavy Rain if it counts?.

5 - Red Dead Redemption 2 - Self Explanatory.

4 - Hellblade / Dont Knock Twice - You play as 2 people who needs to explore a town where mysterious paranormal stuff happens, while trying to survive in the dark with your small light.

3 - Phil-A-Pix - Considering Phil is from London Im going out on a limb here to say that its set in Europe (London) xD

2 - Lego Jurassic World - Self Explanatory

1 - N/A - This will most likely be Fallout 76, depending on the trophy list, although I may end up going for the Hatoful Boyfriend dlc as its a stand alone and is christmas themed.
Bonus - N/A - Ive asked for Vampyr, Skylanders Swap Force (ps4) ir Farming Sim 15 (ps3) for christmas this year so fingers crossed it will be one of these.

I would be grateful for any suggestions for the missing games, I usually dont get long games finished in one sitting so if they could be short or easy then it would be appreciated. Also if anyone has any disputes with the few debatable games on the list please let me know, ill look at replacing them. :D

Regards
jninja79

Okay so I have a couple to start! I definitely didn't intend for my list to be mostly Spyro and Assassin's Creed, but I guess I definitely have a type ?

S7a8294.png Spyro the Dragon (10 Lords A-Leaping) 0% - Because, ya know, you jump and fly a lot in Spyro games!

S88259a.png Assassin's Creed Rogue (7 Swans A-Swimming) 80% - Lots of water, lots of swimming in this one! Also, I gotta start clearing the PS3 backlog out, especially of AC games.

Sacc62e.png Assassin's Creed Odyssey (6 Geese A-Laying) 30% - For possibly spoilery reasons ?

S372d20.png Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (5 Golden Rings) 0% - Jewels, gems, and treasure galore!

Sde0e4a.png Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon (2 Turtle Doves) 0% - I mean, he is a dragon.

Edited by Yen-Pop

@jninja79-- here's some suggestions for short-ish games (less than 30 hours)

13 -- Hyperdimension Neptunia Producing Perfection, Danganronpa, Ray Gigant

9 -- Code Realize, Odin Sphere, Hyperdimension Neptunia Producing Perfection, Life is Strange, Life is Strange: Before the Storm

6 - Zero Time Dilemma, The Nonary Games, A Kings Tale: FFXV, Valiant Hearts

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 2

@OneSkillPoint Stardew Valley, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Fallout?, Minecraft, Terraria, Red Dead, Far Cry?, Magicka 2, Firewatch, Unravel?

There's a few for you, ones with "?" are debatable as to weather they count or not.

@eigen-space Thanks for the suggestions, I have Valiant Hearts in my backlog so might bring that one out, as for the others ill have to do some more research. Already done both LiS games unfortunately too :(.

Almost every game I can think off that fits these challenges ive already done xD Its a good problem to have because plats but it sucks.

@jninja79, if it's not something you're opposed to, LiS has a second list for PS3. I know some people don't like stacking games, but it's an option if you don't care (I personally stack games that I really enjoyed). Speaking of games I enjoyed and have done multiple stacks of, Child of Light is one I see on your list that you haven't completed and would work for 9. It's really good :D

Valiant Hearts is also a fantastic game. One of the best I've played this year.

@OneSkillPoint, farming/rural games... most Atelier games have farms in them, but they're longer games. Final Fantasy Type-0 has a chocobo farm. Three-Fourths Home has you driving through rural areas, many of which look like corn fields (this is the shortest among my recommendations). Earthlock has farming mechanics. Little Dragons Cafe has a farm (though I don't recommend it).

Edited by eigen-space

I'd love to join this, as I'm always looking for ways to cut down on my backlog!

12 Drummers Drumming: Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight - Pretty self-explanatory, and I've had this on pre-order for a while. 

11 Pipers Piping: Final Fantasy 15 - I absolutely love the soundtracks for any of the Final Fantasy games, but I had to switch this from FF13 to FF15 in order to try to get the Comrades-based trophies before they become potentially unobtainable on December 12th. 

10 Lords A-Leaping: Sly 3 - It's a platformer - jumping is absolutely essential.

9 Ladies Dancing: Persona 4: Dancing All Night (PS Vita) - The characters - both male and female - dance as you play this rhythm game. 

8 Maids A-Milking: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - you walk around a rural and deserted English town the whole game. 

7 Swans A-Swimming: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) - you are in submarines, on boats in the middle of the ocean, are swimming in ponds, underground water pools - water is everywhere. 

6 Geese A-Laying: Hakouoki: Edo Blossoms - The main character spends almost the entire game trying to find her father. This is why she meets and remains around the other characters in the game in the first place. 

5 Gold Rings: Sonic Generations - You spend the whole game collecting nothing but rings, which you can then use for purchases. 

4 Colly Birds: Collar X Malice - The main character is kidnapped and forced to wear a poisoned collar the whole game. The threat of death is constant. At the same time, she is working with the other characters to solve a string of bloody and violent crimes. 

3 French Hens: Syberia - The main character travels in Europe and Russia the entire game, and the developers are French. 

2 Turtle Doves: Digimon Story Cyber Slueth (PSV) - It's a bit of a stretch, but many Digimon in this game are based on reptiles and birds. 

1 A Partridge in a Pear Tree: Soul Calibur 6 - I have all of the online trophies done. So all that remains is the single player content. 

Edited by InfinateEternity
Switched out FF13 for FF15 in order to get the Comrades-based trophies before they become unobtainable on Dec. 12th.

On 11/2/2018 at 8:01 AM, Lord_Kotsu said:

Dream Daddy Playing as a dad in a neighborhood with your daughter and meeting other dads.

Wawawait... I thought the story was about a woman dating daddies. But the main character is a dad too?! That sort of makes the whole thing... really LGBT. Especially the Bad Dad trophy. I'm not homophobic but this was a shock to me. Then again, I don't give 2 flying dingos about dating simulators anyways since I am a loser in love. xD