Twelve Days of Trophies - (Event is over)

One more Spyro game down! I'll probably end up switching out Rogue for the far easier/faster Burly Men at Sea but I'm really trying to fight the urge to skirt my active backlog but man I am not feeling like playing any more Assassin's Creed this season after finishing Liberation and Odyssey basically back to back. EDIT: I added two more games to my list! 

S7a8294.png Spyro the Dragon (10 Lords A-Leaping) :platinum: 

S88259a.png Assassin's Creed Rogue (7 Swans A-Swimming) 80%

Sacc62e.png Assassin's Creed Odyssey (6 Geese A-Laying) :platinum:

S372d20.png Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (5 Golden Rings) :platinum:

S2eed8d.png Batman: The Enemy Within (4 Colly Birds) 0% I mean Batman is pretty much the epitome of dark tone 

S7d7eca.png Word Search by POWGI Vita (3 French Hens) 0% Lightwood Games, which published the game is based in the UK!

Sde0e4a.png Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon (2 Turtle Doves) 0%

Edited by Yen-Pop

Platinumed a new game. Playroom VR. Switch it with Rain (ps3). (category 7). When you play as the VR monster you're in the water a lot of time.

12. ✅ Sound shapes (ps vita).
11. ✅ Killing floor 2 (ps 4).

10. ✅Kung Fu Rabbit (ps vita). 

9. Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (ps4)

8. Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic (ps3)
7. ✅ The Playroom VR (ps4)

6. Ether one (ps4)

5. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (ps vita).

4. Claire extended cut (ps4)
3. F1 2018 (ps4).

2. Jak and Daxter: the precursor legacy (ps3)

Partridge in a Pear Tree: Batman Telltale (ps4)

I'd like to hop in at the last minute as well, please, I've been procrastinating on a list but this is a great idea for a themed challenge.

Initial ideas:

12 Drummers Drumming:

11 Pipers Piping: Guardians of the Galaxy - I don't know if it's going to be any good as a game, but the soundtrack is a highlight
10 Lords A-Leaping:

9 Ladies Dancing:

8 Maids A-Milking:

7 Swans A-Swimming:

6 Geese A-Laying: Detroit: Become Human - take your pick of father issues, broken homes, lost sons and surrogate mothers.  I guess this would also work for French Hens...

5 Gold Rings:
4 Colly Birds:

3 French Hens:

2 Turtle Doves: Utawarerumono - haven't got very far in this, but I know there are knights riding strange giant birds:

XnpculK.jpg?1

And a Partridge in a Pear Tree:

Edited by Fitzquaid

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... a cartridge in a PS3! Unsurprisingly, it didn't work.

Hey, do games without trophies count? I just finished Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, but the PS4 version doesn't seem to have trophies. That seems like the perfect game to use for a partridge in a pear tree. (Plus, I had to play it to platinum Re:Chain of Memories, which I'll also be using for this event, so the proof is in the pudding.)

14 hours ago, Yomako01 said:

It's very last minute of me, but may I join? 

14 hours ago, Fitzquaid said:

I'd like to hop in at the last minute as well, please,

Welcome aboard to the both of you! You'll both be the last joining, so I thought I'd get your attention to make sure you knew you got in.

Updated for the last time in November, and it's officially December! The month of holiday cheer, and if you're a student like I am, lots of time off from classes. Hope everyone is able to play as many games as they like, and hopefully spend some time with your loved ones as well. Don't worry, I'll still be here to give regular updates as things go. ;)

On that note, sign ups are officially CLOSED. No one else is getting in now, so everyone that's joined, you're part of an exclusive group! Don't forget, you gotta finish 3 games to get the badge. I... still need an artist for that, actually. Anyone have any suggestions?

• Like 2

Updated - finished Song of the Deep for my water entry. What a fun little game.

12 Drummers Drumming: 

11 Pipers Piping: 
10 Lords A-Leaping: 
:platinum: Devious Dungeons (NA PS4 Stack)

9 Ladies Dancing: 

8 Maids A-Milking: 

7 Swans A-Swimming: ? Song of the Deep (NA Stack)

6 Geese A-Laying: 

5 Gold Rings:
4 Colly Birds: 

3 French Hens: :platinum: Killzone HD (Guerilla Games, based in the Netherlands)

2 Turtle Doves: :platinum: Storm Boy (EU Stack)
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree:

3 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Question - as I am struggling with a rhythm game, as it just isn't a genre I play - would Hohokum be suitable?

Not sure about Hohokum, but I see you have Valiant Hearts on PS4... if you're not opposed to stacking, you could also do that for PS3. It has those rhythm portions when you're doctoring folks... and the car driving parts are also rhythmic since you can anticipate the enemy attacks from the beat.

OK. Due to KH: 358/2 Days being lame with PS4 trophy support, I made Blackwood Crossing my Partridge in a Pear Tree game. Because it's about family (Partridge family), and there's a tree. House. Treehouse. And because that category doesn't have a theme anyway, so I can do what I want!

One down, eleven to go!

• Like 2

12 Drummers Drumming

11 Pipers Piping
10 Lords A-Leaping

9 Ladies Dancing: Uncharted the lost legacy (femme fatale) 

8 Maids A-Milking: Harvest moon: A wonderful life special edition (farming)

7 Swans A-Swimming: Bioshock (set underwater)

6 Geese A-Laying

5 Gold Rings: Fallout shelter :platinum:
4 Colly Birds: Batman: Arkham city :platinum:

3 French Hens: Late shift (Welsh dev)

2 Turtle Doves:
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Finished up arkham city and added a few new games to my list.

• Like 1

4 Colly Birds: Collar X Malice (:platinum: on 12/1/18)

1Lfb7fdb.png

And the first game is done! ? 

I really enjoy Visual Novels, and felt that this crime-centered piece that explored the meaning of justice in society did a really nice job with really fleshing out most of the characters and providing unique character backstories - especially for the antagonists in the game. Where this game lacked a bit, was in the overall characterization of the main female protagonist. Her personality and actions were not consistent across the different routes of the story. Rather, her personality seemed to change completely based on who you chose as her love interest. Furthermore, the "true ending" route seemed really repetitive, as it just repeated what you already had learned from 4 previous playthroughs, and it took longer to get to the end compared to the rest of the routes in the game. But, with that being said, if you enjoyed the Code Realize Visual Novels, you will most likely enjoy this one as well. 

My complete list of games for this event is in the spoiler box below:

Spoiler

12 Drummers Drumming: Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight 

11 Pipers Piping: Final Fantasy 15 
10 Lords A-Leaping: Sly 3 

9 Ladies Dancing: Persona 4: Dancing All Night (PS Vita) 

8 Maids A-Milking: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture 

7 Swans A-Swimming: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3) 

6 Geese A-Laying: Hakouoki: Edo Blossoms

5 Gold Rings: Sonic Generations 
4 Colly Birds: Collar X Malice  :platinum: (12/1/18)

3 French Hens: Syberia 

2 Turtle Doves: Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (PS Vita) 

1 A Partridge in a Pear Tree: Soul Calibur 6

Edited by InfinateEternity
  • Like 1

Update:

Gravity Rush 2 is finished~

Also I'd like to remplace Yomawari: Night Alone by Resident Evil for 4 Colly Birds, if possible. Couldn't resist the sale on this one, this game brings back memories.

Current Status:

12 Drummers Drumming: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f  :platinum:

11 Pipers Piping: Touhou Double Focus :platinum:
10 Lords A-Leaping: SUPER SKULL SMASH GO! 2 TURBO :platinum:

9 Ladies Dancing: Gravity Rush :platinum:
4 Colly Birds: Resident Evil

And a Partridge in a Pear TreeGravity Rush 2 :platinum:

Hello everyone i hope you're all having fun with ur picks! I will make some changes for my list

12 Drummers Drumming: Sound Shapes, I'm about 1 album of death mode to get the :platinum: so it's on!

9 Ladies Dancing: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, Ada Wong, Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield, Lupo, Willow Party Girl, there are a lot of femme fatales here

8 Maids A-Milking: I will be playing the original Minecraft instead of the Story Mode

5 Gold Rings: Jetpack Joyride (PS3) there are a bazillion os gold coins in this game, and I want to commit myself to get that gold trophy that has been on my backlog for years.

Final games list, due to the season and gifts and Black Friday/Cyber Week purchases. Most are the same games, but some are switched around, due to me realizing things while playing. 

12 Drummers Drumming: Sleeping Dogs - For the karaoke sections.

11 Pipers Piping: I Am The Hero - Soundtrack is killer.

10 Lords A-Leaping: Dust An Elysian Tail - Awesome platform game... with tons of jumping.

9 Ladies Dancing: Gravity Rush 2 - Female lead, with cool powers.

8 Maids A-Milking: 

7 Swans A-Swimming: Uncharted :platinum:

6 Geese A-Laying: God of War - All about Kratos in fatherhood and teaching his son. Also, I haven't played it yet. 

5 Gold Rings: Rogue Galaxy - Playing through so far made me realize just how much money (zeni) you need in this game. 

4 Colly Birds: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice  - Very dark and psychotic. Also, haven't fully beat it. 

3 French Hens: The Order 1886 :platinum:

2 Turtle Doves: Final Fantasy XV- Recommended, have entire chocobo missions and that GIANT adamantoise...how could I forget.  Thanks eigen-space!

1 A Partridge in a Pear Tree: 

I'll figure out Maid A-Milking and Partridge later. I thought I had certain games but have since realized I don't. 

Update!!:

12 Drummers Drumming

11 Pipers Piping
10 Lords A-Leaping

9 Ladies Dancing

8 Maids A-Milking

7 Swans A-Swimming: Burly Men at Sea :platinum:

6 Geese A-Laying

5 Gold Rings: Uncharted: Drake´s Fortune Remastered :platinum:+?%
4 Colly Birds

3 French Hens: Flynn and Freckles :platinum:

2 Turtle Doves: FarCry Primal  :platinum: 
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Well, ironically I never had Burly Men at Sea on any list (Uncharted had my "swans" spot) but I ended up going to a friends place and playing it there and luckily on my profile, so I'll add it as my "partridge" game. 

12 Drummers Drumming: Sleeping Dogs - For the karaoke sections.

11 Pipers Piping: I Am The Hero - Soundtrack is killer.

10 Lords A-Leaping: Dust An Elysian Tail - Awesome platform game... with tons of jumping.

9 Ladies Dancing: Gravity Rush 2 - Female lead, with cool powers.

8 Maids A-Milking: 

7 Swans A-Swimming: Uncharted :platinum:

6 Geese A-Laying: God of War - All about Kratos in fatherhood and teaching his son. Also, I haven't played it yet. 

5 Gold Rings: Rogue Galaxy - Playing through so far made me realize just how much money (zeni) you need in this game. 

4 Colly Birds: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice  - Very dark and psychotic. Also, haven't fully beat it. 

3 French Hens: The Order 1886 :platinum:

2 Turtle Doves: Final Fantasy XV- Recommended, have entire chocobo missions and that GIANT adamantoise...how could I forget.  Thanks eigen-space!

1 A Partridge in a Pear Tree: Burly Men at Sea - :platinum:

On 12/3/2018 at 9:10 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

Still farming kills in Dungeon Travelers 2. No idea how far I'm with that, only indication is somewhere between 5,000 and 20,000 :shakefist: .

If you go to the guild, you can kind of get an idea if you look in Other --> Awards. You get awards for how many battles you completed, and if you estimate 3-4 enemies on average per battle, you can get intermediate estimates.

Also, if you haven't been selling your sealbooks like I have, each Grand Sealbook is one enemy and each regular is 10... then add that to the number of monsters you have available to create sealbooks.

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 1