Twelve Days of Trophies - (Event is over)

On 02/11/2018 at 2:46 PM, Ronin893 said:

Sign me up. 6/13 for trophophobia. Want to fo better with this one. Can we get emails sent for these events. I don't want to miss any. Lots of fun.

12 Drummers Drumming: play a game with a rhythm component in it! 

-

11 Pipers Piping: Play a game with a great soundtrack! 

-
10 Lords A-Leaping: Play a game that will have you jumping a lot

-

9 Ladies Dancing: Play a game that stars a femme fatale of some sort

-

8 Maids A-Milking: Play a game that has you out on a farm, or otherwise doing some work in a rural area.

-

7 Swans A-Swimming: play a game that has you in the water a lot

God of War 2018 : travel by boat

6 Geese a laying: playing a game where either the main character is a mother, or the theme of the game is based around motherhood. Alternatively, you can use Fatherhood instead.

- Detroit Become Human : Kara & Alice's relationship 

5 Gold Rings: Play a game where you'll be collecting a whole lot of cash, or your character is super rich.

-
4 Colly Birds: Play a game that's very dark, either physically, or emotionally.

-

3 French Hens: play a game either set in Europe, or made by European developers.

- Assassin's Creed Unity : set in France 

2 Turtle Doves: Play a game that has a whole lot of reptiles, birds, or even both!

- Rocket Birds vita : self explanatory 
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree: Literally any game you want to play, as long as you have fun and enjoy it. Bonus points if it's related to winter time!

-

Edited by Ronin893

Sign me up please :)

Not sure what games I'll play yet, will probably just wing it :P

Here are some tentative ones for now:

12 Drummers Drumming: Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. There's a short rhythm part in Symphony of Sorcery iirc. 

11 Pipers Piping: Transistor
10 Lords A-Leaping: Poi

9 Ladies Dancing: Mafia III. Cassandra is definitely a femme fatale. Especially if you don't give her enough districts and end up on her wrong side...

8 Maids A-Milking: Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

7 Swans A-Swimming: ? Might have to be Burly Men at Sea since I don't think I have any other games that fit.

6 Geese A-Laying: If Smoke and Sacrifice comes out by then I'll go for that. If not....DREAM DADDY!!! :ninja:

5 Gold Rings: Thief. I hate this game but I need to finish it...
4 Colly Birds: Hollow Knight. I'm saving this for Plat #75, but Spyro games will give me 71-73 anyway in the next few days :P

3 French Hens: ? I'll need to have a look through my backlog, I probably have a lot of games that fit as I buy a lot of indie games

2 Turtle Doves: Final Fantasy XV. I didn't wanna start this until all the DLC was out, but with the confusion regarding whether the trophies will be available after December, I better start it soon I guess... Adamantoise Chocobos is totally the same as Turtle Doves...
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree: If I play a game and it won't fit elsewhere it'll go here

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Kristycism said:

I'm saving this for Plat #75, but Spyro games will give me 71-73 anyway in the next few days :P

Doing the same philosophy for Plat #100 for me, but the game I am primping for that position is an RPG so it will take days to complete anyways. Spyro Reignited Trilogy will by Plats #97-99 for me. Can't wait until tomorrow to pick up my copy. ;)

• Like 1

I'll throw my hat in the ring. Last event I successfully participated was 2017 Halloween (13 Plats of Halloween), tried a Backlog Challenge but work kicked my butt.

Should be fine this go-round tho.

List is preliminary and I may choose shorter trophy lists once I find more suitable options (in number not in game length):

12 Drummers Drumming: Rhythm – Conga Master (My backlog is thin on rhythm games)

11 Pipers Piping: Soundtrack – LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues (This one is probably sticking)
10 Lords A-Leaping: Jumping/Flying – InnerSpace (Locked in list, may move to water if I pick another platformer)

9 Ladies Dancing: Femme fatale – Infamous: First Light (Locked in list, though Shantae and Mirror's Edge were also considered)

8 Maids A-Milking: Rural – Farming Simulator 2015 (Pretty much this one or 2017)

7 Swans A-Swimming: Water – Deep Ones (Probably keeping this one to keep vary game length)

6 Geese A-Laying: Motherhood – Disney’s Brave (Tough category, not many to choose from on my backlog, may swap out based on others' suggestions, Dream Daddy is not out of the equation, but I didn't want to pick a game not already in my backlog)

5 Gold Rings: Coins – Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (Final Sly game to platinum)
4 Colly Birds: Dark – God of War (PS3 version, figured I would end the Sly series and then work on the God of War series, thanks PSNOW!)

3 French Hens: European – Dark Arcana: The Carnival (Tough category, it was Artifex Mundi or FrozenByte for me)

2 Turtle Doves: Reptile/Bird – Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (Gah)
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree: Kitchen sink – X:Men: Destiny (Saving this one for an upcoming milestone, figured I would shove it on this list)

• Like 1

To @SpaceCoresDad, I found this article which details the history of the song which your event is centered around and found a few factoids. This isn't meant to influence the event but I wanted to set the record straight:

1. You use "four colly birds." That is the lyric used by the EARLIEST versions of the carol. The modern version is clearing "four CALLING birds", thank Frederic Austin, who set the most common set of lyrics to that carol in 1909 and changed the Day 4 lyric from colly birds to calling birds.
  2. The five rings have been rumored to mean the five golden ring markings on a ring-necked pheasant, keeping the bird theme continuous from Day 1 to Day 6.
  3. Rumors were that the carol was meant to represent Christianity in some code but this has been since debunked.
  4. Someone calculated the cost of all those gifts in the carol: In today's economy, that would come up to a price of $34,558.65. :P
  5. There have been many parodies of the carol, including one sung by John Denver in a Muppets special.

As for my list, I plan on reworking it before the start of the event.

• Like 2

@DragonQuest238 That's actually very interesting! I've actually heard colly and calling both used in modern versions of the song, and... well, I already was stretching for some of these with all the birds at the end of the song anyway. :P Plus, it gives an excuse to play a darker themed game in a normally lighthearted time.

In addition, I've been updating a chart for everyone who's been signed up. When the event begins I'll edit my main post to include it, then add people who sign up as November goes on.

1 hour ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Plus, it gives an excuse to play a darker themed game in a normally lighthearted time.

I just gave some trivia, I never said anything about the rules. Although to be honest, I can't stomach most 'dark' games that involve metaphysical darkness and I already platinumed Candleman for another event, which would have fit. I could just cop out with a Kingdom Hearts game as Kingdom Hearts talks so much about darkness that you'd think the entire series was goth. xD

Anyways, here is what I have come up with for the event. It's only seven games because I can't think of a good game I'd play which involves the other themes. Actually, Stardew Valley would have worked for the Maids because you basically have to build up a farm from a ramshackle shack, but there are two trophies that ruin the game for me(that involve a stupid arcade game that is a twin-stick shooter).

2 Turtle Doves: World of Final Fantasy (adamantoises are turtles, and chocobos are birds)

3 French Hens: My Brother Rabbit (created by Artifex Mundi, which is a Polish company)

5 Golden Rings: Spyro the Dragon (the bonus level is a treasure trove where you have to get all of the gems)

6 Geese-a-Laying: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (The main character's mother sacrifices herself to save her son)

7 Swans-a-Swimming: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (One level is completely underwater so you'll be swimming through the entire level)

11 Pipers Piping: Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon (The music is really awesome to my ears)

12 Drummers Drumming: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix (ICE. CREAM. BEAT. :()

My list is ready :

12 Drummers Drumming: Thumper

11 Pipers Piping: Castlevania Requiem
10 Lords A-Leaping: Valley

9 Ladies Dancing: Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas (PS4)

8 Maids A-Milking: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (you have to grow plants in order to gain exp)

7 Swans A-Swimming: Spyro 2 : Ripto's Rage

6 Geese A-Laying: A King's Tale : Final Fantasy XV

5 Gold Rings: Spyro the Dragon
4 Colly Birds: The Binding of Isaac : Rebirth

3 French Hens: Ruiner (Polish devs)

2 Turtle Doves: Spyro 3 : Year of the Dragon
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree: Hyper Light Drifter

• Like 2

Sign me, this is will be my first time on a PSNP event.

12 Drummers Drumming - Nothing

11 Pipers Piping- Hitman Blood Money, I love the soundtrack for this game.

10 Lords A-Leaping - Nothing

9 Ladies Dancing- Claire, I want to start this game but never knew when. Now its time.

8 Maids A-Milking - Nothing

7 Swans A-Swimming - Burly Men at Sea, literally a story about fishermans in the sea

6 Geese A-Laying - Nothing

5 Gold Rings - Flynn and Freckles, I know a game nobody knows but in this game there's a trophy for collecting 1500 gold coins. I think it fits in this category (If not Please tell me)

4 Colly Birds - Here they Lie, same reason as Claire want to start it never knew when.

3 French Hens - Another World, the creator is french and the game was made in France.

2 Turtle Doves - I will need the help from the creator of this event @SpaceCoresDad can I do Skyrim here? I mean it has a lot of bugs and insects but not that much of birds and reptiles.

And a Partridge in a Pear Tree -The ultimate challenge to end it all Drawn to Death, I mean I have to get the platinum before the servers shutdown.

That's my list, probably won't be able to do everything on time but I will do this to get a good time

Edited by maiathewinners
Added Burly Men at Sea
  • Like 1

Here's what I want to make mine

12 Drummers Drumming: Persona 4 Dancing All Night

11 Pipers Piping: 3D Dot Game Heroes
10 Lords A-Leaping: Super Meat Boy (fuck me)

9 Ladies Dancing: Tomb Raider

8 Maids A-Milking: Stardew Valley

7 Swans A-Swimming: Bioshock 2

6 Geese A-Laying: Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

5 Gold Rings: Sonic The Hedgehog 2
4 Colly Birds: Alien Isolation

3 French Hens: Dishonored

2 Turtle Doves: Sly Cooper trilogy
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree: The Frozen Wilds for Horizon Zero Dawn

This will be virtually impossible for me, but still should be a fun time. If I can get half of these I will consider it a victory

• Like 4

Actually saw a few people put the Spyro remasters on their list. I got through all the levels (except the bonus level) for Spyro the Dragon and it was great. Get 56% trophy completion but I am going to switch to Spyro 2 so I don't accidentally platinum the game. Not like I could right now as I am tired and Tree Tops hates my @$$. I was reminded why I liked Spyro 2 and Spyro 3 better. xD

My Line Up :

12 Drummers Drumming: -

11 Pipers Piping: - Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
10 Lords A-Leaping - Snoopy's Grand Adventure

9 Ladies Dancing: -

8 Maids A-Milking: - Virginia

7 Swans A-Swimming - Burly Men at Sea

6 Geese A-Laying: - The Evil Within 2

5 Gold Rings - Marvel's Ultimate Alliance  - some of marvel heroes are super rich you know.
4 Colly Birds - Murdered: Soul Suspect

3 French Hens - Black Mirror

2 Turtle Doves: -
a Partridge in a Pear Tree: - Word Search by POWGI or Super Destronaut DX (will be decide later)

Bonus Challenge Question :Word Search by POWGI , is this valid ? as I know my 5 y-o little daughter want to always play word search game with me and it has easy trophy list so i bought it on sale and wait to play with her in upcoming holiday (I already clean up some complication trophy so i can have my full time enjoyment with her). Somehow this is where i give the present to my family but also benefit me in both way.

I admit I can't complete all of this because you know it's very busy this time of the year. I just put the list here so i can have myself in check :) 

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 1

Sign me up, please~

12 Drummers Drumming: Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f  :platinum:

11 Pipers Piping: Touhou Double Focus. Haven't heard the soundtrack for this one, but as a Touhou fan, I'm pretty sure it will be good~
10 Lords A-Leaping: SUPER SKULL SMASH GO! 2 TURBO :platinum:

9 Ladies Dancing: Gravity Rush (Vita)

8 Maids A-Milking

7 Swans A-Swimming

6 Geese A-Laying

5 Gold Rings
4 Colly Birds: Yomawari: Night Alone. Meant to start it a long time ago, finally a good excuse to do it~

3 French Hens

2 Turtle Doves
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree: Undetermined for now, but I'll find something before the end of the month

Don't have any other idea at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I can add one or two more games in there, but for now, that's it.

Edited by Yorukaze-Dae-
New game on the list (9th)
  • Like 1

I'd like to join!

12 Drummers Drumming - Thumper

11 Pipers Piping: ???
10 Lords A-Leaping - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back

9 Ladies Dancing: ???

8 Maids A-Milking: ???

7 Swans A-Swimming: ???

6 Geese A-Laying: ???

5 Gold Rings - ???
4 Colly Birds - Dragon Age: Origins

3 French Hens - The Frozen Wilds for Horizon Zero Dawn (Guerrilla Games is from the Netherlands)

2 Turtle Doves - ???
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree - ???

• Like 1

i'd like to put up the first platinum of the contest and do a little list modification

12 Drummer Drumming 

11 Pipers Piping - Final Fantasy 7 

10 Lords A-Leaping - Along Together 

9 Ladies Dancing - Hannah Montana The Movie 

8 Maids A-Milking - Duck Dynasty 

7 Swans A-Swimming - Spongebob Heropants :platinum:

6 Geese A-Laying - Fallout 3 

5 Golden Rings - VA-11 HALL-A 

4 Colly Birds - Observer 

3 French Hens - Assassin’s Creed II 

2 Turtle Doves - Spyro The Dragon

And a Partridge in a Pear Tree - You Don't Know Jack

Went on vacation last week and found Spongebob on vita for like a buck at a garage sale. That def fits Swans a-Swimming. and that's how i'm starting this 12 days of christmas. Also added Spyro for turtle doves now that I have the game in hand, and You Don't Know Jack as my partridge in a pear tree because I finally found people to boost online with, now I just need to ride it out by myself.

• Like 2

Oh, didn't realize I never put up my list that I've been building over the last couple of weeks. Anyway, my starting list will be as follows:

• 12 Drummers DrummingPersona 3: Dancing Moon Night (Pretty self explanatory)
  • 11 Pipers Piping: Persona 5: Dancing Star Night (Also self explanatory)
  • 10 Lords A-LeapingSound Shapes (You have to jump around a lot in this game to traverse the different levels; especially in Death Mode)
  • 9 Ladies DancingPersona 4: Dancing All Night (You may notice a pattern...)
  • 8 Maids A-Milking: - (Nothing currently)
  • 7 Swans A-SwimmingAbzu (Will finally get to this game I've had forever)
  • 6 Geese A-LayingHeavy Rain (How far Ethan is willing to go to save his son is a prime exemple of fatherhood)
  • 5 Gold Rings: Ducktales Remastered (Rich fowl looking for golden dubloons to pat his personal nest)
  • 4 Colly BirdsAlice: Madness Returns (Specifically, the American McGee's Alice DLC; which is basically the original game. This game is pretty messed up)
  • 3 French HensHitman 2 (IO Interactive is from Denmark. With the base game being free for PS Plus, it pretty easy to complete)
  • 2 Turtle DovesSkylanders: Trap Team (Was inspired by all the Spyro Trilogy folks)
  • And a Partridge in a Pear Tree: - (Nothing specific right now)

I don't know how many I'll be able to clear, but I'll do my best.

• Like 1

Long due update, now that the event is officially started: I haven't figured out what to put in any of the empty categories yet, which is ridiculous as Partridge is literally what you want, but all the games I want to play are in other categories.

Not going to touch Doves, Hens or Drummers yet: I am going to focus on everything else because the Spyro Trilogy will be Plats #97-99 and Ni no Kuni will be my first three-digit platinum at the Big 1-double O. Since NNK will take a lot of grinding, I don't expect to complete before Thanksgiving, especially as I am Spyroing it up: I defeated the final bosses for Spyro and Spyro 2 and done the boss-related trophies(except for Jacques because I decided to nope out of that level to get to Gnasty Gnorc ASAP) and saving the 100% for both games until I beat Spyro 3's final boss so I can do some funky stream clearing out the 100%, since Tree Tops hates my A$$ and I will probably gets several Game Overs on that level alone since my hand-eye coordination on those supercharge ramps is WRETCHED. :(

My list by numbers:

1. N/A
  2. World of Final Fantasy (10$%, 7/49)
  3. My Brother Rabbit (0%, not bought yet)
  4. N/A
  5. Spyro the Dragon (58%, 25/37)
  6. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (43%, 22/34)
  7. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (66%, 22/30)
  8. N/A
  9. N/A
  10. N/A
  11. Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon (5%, 3/41)
  12. N/A