Twelve Days of Trophies - (Event is over)

Update:

12 Drummers Drumming

11 Pipers Piping
10 Lords A-Leaping

9 Ladies Dancing

8 Maids A-Milking

7 Swans A-Swimming: Burly Men at Sea :platinum:

6 Geese A-Laying

5 Gold Rings: Uncharted: Drake´s Fortune Remastered (I´m having a "brutal" time while Nathan is stealing searching for shiny golden looking things. ?)
4 Colly Birds

3 French Hens: Flynn and Freckles :platinum:

2 Turtle Doves: FarCry Primal  :platinum: 
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree

1 hour ago, fabiansc83 said:

Update:

12 Drummers Drumming

11 Pipers Piping
10 Lords A-Leaping

9 Ladies Dancing

8 Maids A-Milking

7 Swans A-Swimming: Burly Men at Sea :platinum:

6 Geese A-Laying

5 Gold Rings: Uncharted: Drake´s Fortune Remastered (I´m having a "brutal" time while Nathan is stealing searching for shiny golden looking things. ?)
4 Colly Birds

3 French Hens: Flynn and Freckles :platinum:

2 Turtle Doves: FarCry Primal  :platinum: 
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Uncharted was a lot rougher than I thought it would be, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

Alright, lets start off with some updates

12 Drummers Drumming: 

11 Pipers Piping: 
10 Lords A-Leaping: 
:platinum: Devious Dungeons (NA PS4 Stack)

9 Ladies Dancing: 

8 Maids A-Milking: 

7 Swans A-Swimming:

6 Geese A-Laying: 

5 Gold Rings:
4 Colly Birds: 

3 French Hens: :platinum: Killzone HD (Guerilla Games, based in the Netherlands)

2 Turtle Doves: :platinum: Storm Boy (EU Stack)
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree:

I should have never put RPG's in this list. I literally cannot speed through them, I enjoy them way too much. Ah well. 

12 Drummers Drumming: ? - Still Deciding 

11 Pipers Piping: Nubla - Underrated game with an underrated soundtrack. (Might be my favorite one!)

10 Lords A-Leaping: Dust An Elysian Tail - Awesome platform game... with tons of jumping.

9 Ladies Dancing: Horizon Zero Dawn - Back with Aloy. I didn't end up picking up Tomb Raider. 

8 Maids A-Milking: Everybody's Gone to Rapture - Thanks for the recommendation jninja79!

7 Swans A-Swimming: Uncharted :platinum:

6 Geese A-Laying: God of War - All about Kratos in fatherhood and teaching his son. Also, I haven't played it yet. 

5 Gold Rings: Sleeping Dogs - Have to make money to buy a lot of things. There are even trophies associated with money. That $50,000 bet trophy...oh boy.

4 Colly Birds: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice  - Very dark and psychotic. Also, haven't fully beat it. 

3 French Hens: The Order 1886 :platinum:

2 Turtle Doves: Final Fantasy XV- Recommend, have entire chocobo missions and that GIANT adamantoise...how could I forget.  Thanks eigen-space!

1 A Partridge in a Pear Tree: Rouge Galaxy - A classic that brings back great memories and has a full trophy set to complete.

Edited by OneSkillPoint

On 10/27/2018 at 10:32 PM, SpaceCoresDad said:

12 Drummers Drumming: The Order 1886

11 Pipers Piping: Super Meat Boy
10 Lords A-Leaping: Crash Bandicoot Trilogy (If it is gifted to me!)

9 Ladies Dancing: Bioshock Burial at Sea

8 Maids A-Milking: The Last of Us

7 Swans A-Swimming: Burly Men At Sea

6 Geese A-Laying: Fallout 4 

5 Gold Rings: GTA V
4 Colly Birds: Bloodborne

3 French Hens: Far Cry 4

2 Turtle Doves: Spyro Trilogy (If it is gifted to me!)
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree: The Binding of Isaac (My personal favorite!)

Update on my end. I completed Deep Ones last week to knock off 7 Swans a Swimming. I also swapped out Farming Simulator 2017 in place of 2015 due to the trophy list. I am actively looking for an alternative for 12 Drummers Drumming (Conga Master does not entice me at the moment) and 6 Geese a Layin (Want a shorter trophy list than Brave). Will likely clear 10 Lords a Leapin (Inner Space) and 3 French Hens (Dark Arcana) this week.

I like a lot of the other lists. Plenty of Spyro, God of War and Burly Men at Sea to go around. I will eventually get my hands on the Spyro trilogy, but I am currently trying to cut down on my huge backlog. No sense in paying new game prices for 3 new additions to the backlog, haha.  Also, interested in seeing what new games will be added to the PS Plus rotation. May allow for a nice swap from of the less desirable options I am currently working with.

Also, for the bonus game, since we do not celebrate the holidays with any significant gift giving, I will just pick out a game from the inevitable PSN holiday sale to pin on the list.

12 Drummers Drumming: Rhythm – Conga Master

11 Pipers Piping: Soundtrack – LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues
10 Lords A-Leaping: Jumping/Flying – InnerSpace 

9 Ladies Dancing: Femme fatale – Infamous: First Light

8 Maids A-Milking: Rural – Farming Simulator 2017 (Updated from 2015 version)

7 Swans A-Swimming: Water – Deep Ones - COMPLETED

6 Geese A-Laying: Motherhood – Disney’s Brave

5 Gold Rings: Coins – Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
4 Colly Birds: Dark – God of War

3 French Hens: European – Dark Arcana: The Carnival

2 Turtle Doves: Reptile/Bird – Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree: Kitchen sink – X:Men: Destiny

• Like 1

Sorry @SpaceCoresDad I am brand new to the forums and haven't quite figured it all out yet. I am not sure if the order 1886 has a rhythm section now that you mention it. I just wanted to get it on the list somehow! I figure it is similar to assassins creed which seems very rhythmic in gameplay. I can come up with a different one if needed ?

Also, I would love to change my "9 Ladies Dancing" to Horizon Zero Dawn. I totally forgot the lead was a female! 

Update: Spyro 1 is now completed!

2/12!

12- Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight 

11- Secret of Mana 

10- Mega Man X Legacy 2 

9- Mirror's Edge Catalyst 

8- Real Farm 

7- Burly Men at Sea :platinum:

6- Dream Daddy

5- Yakuza 0 

4- Yomawari Midnight Shadows 

3- The Order 1866 

2- Spyro 1 ( from the collection) :platinum:

1- My Hero's One Justice 

Hey look at that, I actually finished another game! Hopefully I can blow through the next two Spyro games as quickly as I did the first one, especially since I'm down for the count for the next three days after I hurt my back at work yesterday ? Thank God for 800mg Ibuprofen and heating pads.

S7a8294.png Spyro the Dragon (10 Lords A-Leaping) :platinum: 

S88259a.png Assassin's Creed Rogue (7 Swans A-Swimming) 80%

Sacc62e.png Assassin's Creed Odyssey (6 Geese A-Laying) :platinum:

S372d20.png Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (5 Golden Rings) 0%

Sde0e4a.png Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon (2 Turtle Doves) 0%

Edited by Yen-Pop
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 6:50 AM, Ronin893 said:

3 French Hens: play a game either set in Europe, or made by European developers.

- Assassin's Creed Unity : set in France 

2 Turtle Doves: Play a game that has a whole lot of reptiles, birds, or even both!

- Rocket Birds vita : self explanatory 

Platinum for both

2018-11-28-191922.jpg

8 Maids Milked... wait, sorry, that came out WRONG. ?

But anyways, I think the title deserves the 8 spot, considering how tough some of the trophies were. The last trophy was clearing a level which involved precise jumping and rolling without falling into the abyss and get to the end. But I did it!

Now I'm at a doldrum period, the eye of the storm. I should be playing more games on the list but I am not sure what to do next. I'm sort of an impatient guy who feels he's falling behind and not getting another platinum right away considering I have a few games near the threshold(Alteric, Sly Cooper). I spent all day playing The Binding of Issac Afterbirth+ (on PC) and with my birthday and Super Smash Brothers Ultimate coming up to take up my time, I don't know what I should do. I will try to earn a platinum on my birthday, though.

Current Completion Progress:

• 12 Drummers Drumming: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
  • 11 Pipers Piping: Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon :platinum:
  • 10 Lords-A-Leaping: Devious Dungeon (for the Vita)
  • 9 Ladies Dancing: LEGO DC Super Villains
  • 8 Maids-A-Milking: Tearaway
  • 7 Swans A-Swimming: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! :platinum:
  • 6 Geese A-Laying: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  • 5 Golden Rings: Spyro the Dragon
  • 3 French Hens: My Brother Rabbit
  • 2 Turtle Doves: World of Final Fantasy
  • Partridge in a Pear Tree: Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

Might pick up Dear Esther and 100% it for the Colly Birds even though it's not a platinum. I have Claire Extended Cut elsewhere but after having to play it twice I really don't like the game much. It's also way too creepy.

Edited by DragonQuest238

Updated again! Also @The_Accountant13 yeah, I'd say you should probably change your 12 game to have some sort of actual rhythm element in it. Doesn't need to be major, just some sort of music game at some point. Just post your list again and I'll mark you down!

Almost time for the sign ups to end... the holiday season approaches!

I changed a couple of other games after reading through what everyone else is playing through. Also, platinumed Burly Men At Sea last night.

12 Drummers Drumming: Not sure - I dont have any games that would fit this very well. 

11 Pipers Piping: Super Meat Boy
10 Lords A-Leaping: The Order 1886

9 Ladies Dancing: Horizon Zero Dawn

8 Maids A-Milking: The Last of Us

7 Swans A-Swimming: Burly Men At Sea :platinum:

6 Geese A-Laying: Fallout 4 

5 Gold Rings: Uncharted: Golden Abyss
4 Colly Birds: Soma

3 French Hens: Far Cry 4

2 Turtle Doves: Rocketbirds 2 
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree: The Binding of Isaac

Small update. Also, I'd like to change some of my games :

12 Runner3 (instead of Thumper)

11 Castlevania Requiem
10 Hob (instead of Valley)

9 Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas (PS4)

8 Odin Sphere Leifthrasir :platinum:

7 Spyro 2 : Ripto's Rage :platinum:

6 A King's Tale : Final Fantasy XV

5 Spyro the Dragon :platinum:
4 The Binding of Isaac : Rebirth :platinum:

3 Ruiner 

2 Spyro 3 : Year of the Dragon
1 Hyper Light Drifter

Following in the footsteps of many of my fellow event participants and competed Burly Men at Sea for the 7 Swans category.

You play as three bearded brothers that are adventuring the sea. You often find yourself sailing on a boat or other floating objects... but half the time you end up sinking and swimming in the depths of the ocean.

1 hour ago, eigen-space said:

Following in the footsteps of many of my fellow event participants and competed Burly Men at Sea for the 7 Swans category.

You play as three bearded brothers that are adventuring the sea. You often find yourself sailing on a boat or other floating objects... but half the time you end up sinking and swimming in the depths of the ocean.

Managed to defeat the Archdemon boss and it was something else alright. At the start I focused on getting rid of the grunts as fast as possible. When those were dead, the boss summoned 4 familiars that couldn't be hit or dispelled, so this part was about healing. Having 18 Sachertorte helped a lot (these are sold in the guild shop). The boss would also start using that attack which hits the entire party without needing to chant it first (forgot the name). She literally spammed that for 4-5 turns while the familiars were also destroying my party. Came very close to being defeated with only 2 members left. If it wasn't for Conette knowing Resurrect, I would've died as those revival items restore a sliver of health. The last part was relatively tame, with the boss usually chanting Diamond Dust, which hits the entire party with water damage. Below is my exact party setup:

Spoiler

Fried

• Grand skill book Fafnir (front row +4% ATK & DEF

Grishna

• Level 47
  • Front row
  • Fighter: Raging Smash lvl 1, Avenger lvl 2, Double Attack lvl 5
  • Berserker: Berserk lvl 2, Blood Rage lvl 1, Preparation lvl 1, Dark Aura lvl 5
  • Dark Lord: Grudge Accumulator lvl 5, Dark Quest lvl 1

Lilian

• Level 47
  • Front row
  • Spieler: Coffee Break lvl 1, Weapon Mastery lvl 5
  • Doll Master: Mini Auto-Refresh lvl 5
  • Papillion: Rose Queen lvl 5, Double Attack lvl 5, Esarhaddon lvl 5, Elegant Dancing lvl 1

Monica

• Level 47
  • Front row
  • Scout: Elusiveness lvl 3
  • Assassin: Adaptation lvl 1, Murder lvl 3, Awareness lvl 3
  • Kunoich: Shadow Clone lvl 3, Dual Wield lvl 5, Barrage lvl 10

Melvy

• Level 47
  • Back row
  • Magic User: Fireball lvl 3, Ice Edge lvl 2, Thunderbolt lvl 2, Air Cutter lvl 2, Stone Hammer lvl 2, Heal lvl 2
  • Priestess: Light lvl 1,  Circle Heal lvl 5, Resurrect lvl 1, Heal Mastery lvl 3, Mini Auto-Recovery lvl 1, Mini Auto-Refresh lvl 2, Fast Cast lvl 5
  • Sage: Esarhaddon lvl 5, Economy lvl 4

Conette

• Level 47
  • Back row
  • Maid: First Aid lvl 2, Cook lvl 1, Maid Mastery lvl 2, Generous Heart lvl 5
  • Bard: Replenishing Carol lvl 4, Blissful Chorale lvl 1, Song Mastery lvl 2
  • Mistress: War Cry lvl 1, Resurrect lvl 1, Auto-Refresh lvl 5, Knock Down lvl 5

If you reach lvl 50 you can reset to lvl 50 and change all classes, which also means being able to redistribute skill points. Changing Grishna (or whichever Fighter character you're using) to a Paladin and Valkyrie is a good defensive setup too. They have access to Circle Heal, Resurrect, Cover, Parry, and lots of defensive passive skills. The Papilion's Insurance is also useful, as it auto-revives. I hope this will enable you to defeat the boss too. Good luck.

I'm currently on floor 9 trying to defeat the demon god. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't 2 consecutive fights. Planning to level up to 55 and try again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

-snip-

Thank you! This will be very useful!

I completely forgot about the Level 50 reset. Maybe I should try to do that... there's definitely some things I would have done differently with my party for this fight, and it would be nice to just try out different things in general. Maybe I'll get the 5k kills out of the way xD

Good luck on that final fight! I'm dreading it as the second boss sounds rough...

My updated list

12:

11:

10: Spyro the Dragon :platinum:

9:

8:

7: Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! :platinum:

6:

5: Dragon Ball FighterZ

4:

3: Black Clover: Quartet Knights

2: Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

1:

What I have soon left in Dragon Ball FighterZ is collecting a whole lot of Zeni and Black Clover is set in Clover Kingdom that's based on Medieval Europe.

8 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Thank you! This will be very useful!

I completely forgot about the Level 50 reset. Maybe I should try to do that... there's definitely some things I would have done differently with my party for this fight, and it would be nice to just try out different things in general. Maybe I'll get the 5k kills out of the way xD

Good luck on that final fight! I'm dreading it as the second boss sounds rough...

Forgot to mention that Melvy only used Circle Heal throughout the entire fight. Her skill setup may impy that she was on the offensive, but I changed that after reaching lvl 50. I got the 5k trophy shortly before reaching the demon god. Currently doing some optional dungeons and defeating bosses, while hoping to obtain a better grand skillbook.

The first fight against the Demon God isn't that bad, it's easier than Archdemon. The second fight is on par with Archdemon: familiars and spamming attacks that hit the entire party. And she has 10,000 HP... Turned Grishna into a Paladin/Valkyrie for survivability.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Finished another title today:

Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn

I was actually surprised that this would fit into a category for this event, but there's a part where you have a surprise dance off against a famous pop star, which takes form as a rhythm mini-game. As such, I'd like to use this for the 12 Drummers category (replacing the my planned game of Little Dragons Cafe).

Note-- this game looks like it hasn't been completed on my profile. However, if you click on the game, you will see that it's a non-platinum game with DLC and that the base game is complete.

I was able to get all the DLC trophies so it now looks complete on my profile :)

Edited by eigen-space