SOTN: Collect Everything?

I can't tell from the list, but do I need to collect everything to be able to at least get the SOTN list completed? Such as, all the relics in the game? Or all the hidden health upgrades and such? I know I need to get 200.6% of the map uncovered (which I know is both normal and inverted castle versions), but other than that... I'm just uncertain.

I did find the wolf relic just before and have that, so I can turn into a wolf, and I know that's to do with a trophy.

You just need to collect all the transformation relics and their upgrades, which getting total map completion you will have gotten all the relics anyway. Other than that you just need to collect certain weapons to some of the other trophies. You don't have to collect everything in the game.

2 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah cool, thanks for the answer guys.  Like I said, was looking at the list and could not quite tell, especially from someone who's playing the game for the first time and all that :)

I'm working on a guide to help people out.  :)

But like everyone here said - no, you don't need to get all items/armor/weapons/etc.

Protip - hoard as much money as you can.  The Duplicator trophy requires $500,000 banked.

Edited by themindisacity

13 minutes ago, themindisacity said:

But like everyone here said - no, you don't need to get all items/armor/weapons/etc.

Protip - hoard as much money as you can.  The Duplicator trophy requires $500,000 banked.

Oh boy, sounds fun.  I am only really obtaining what I need, such as the map (makes traversing and all that easier), the blue crystal key thing to open up the blue magic doors... and I grabbed a better weapon as well.

Right now, just exploring, since I've no real clue as to where I'm suppose to go next.  I got side tracked and headed into the underground area and got what I could from there (not all, need the breathing item).  But I'm not certain as to where I'm to go next.  Can't cross the top right area (gap's too far to jump), so my only real choice is the chapel... unless I'm not suppose to go there just yet.

The game is pretty good about forcing you on a linear path until you get the Leap Stone and Soul of Bat.  After you get the Soul of Bat, the world is pretty much your oyster.

Just make sure to back up your save before taking on the final battle at the Castle Keep.  There's a trophy for doing it early (bad ending) and one for doing it the way that extends the game.

4 minutes ago, themindisacity said:

The game is pretty good about forcing you on a linear path until you get the Leap Stone and Soul of Bat.  After you get the Soul of Bat, the world is pretty much your oyster.

Just make sure to back up your save before taking on the final battle at the Castle Keep.  There's a trophy for doing it early (bad ending) and one for doing it the way that extends the game.

Yeah, I've heard about that, the whole no sunglasses and sunglasses ordeal for the inverted castle (I've seen gameplay of it before, so I have an idea on what to expect... sort of anyway :) ).

But I suppose it wont hurt to ask, the chapel should be my next stop right? I've checked out the library as best as I can (some parts I can't quite reach), then the place above that with them skulls, (can't do much there).  So I assume the chapel is my next best bet, as I have explored as much of the underground as I can.  Unless there's an area I'm missing that is.

20 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Yeah, I've heard about that, the whole no sunglasses and sunglasses ordeal for the inverted castle (I've seen gameplay of it before, so I have an idea on what to expect... sort of anyway :) ).

But I suppose it wont hurt to ask, the chapel should be my next stop right? I've checked out the library as best as I can (some parts I can't quite reach), then the place above that with them skulls, (can't do much there).  So I assume the chapel is my next best bet, as I have explored as much of the underground as I can.  Unless there's an area I'm missing that is.

Yep.  Go through the chapel and you'll get to the boss fight against the Hippogryph, which will allow you to access the next area, which has the Leap Stone (double-jump).  From there, you'll want to get the Mist form next, as that will allow you to access the area with the Bat form.

Edited by themindisacity

Just now, themindisacity said:

Yep.  Go through the castle and you'll get to the boss fight against the Hippogryph, which will allow you to access the next area, which has the Leap Stone (double-jump).

Ah, double jump will be very useful for some backtracking.  But good to know, wasn't too certain as to where I was suppose to go at this point, but getting this little nudge in the right direction was nice, so thanks... will get back to it tomorrow after my classes most likely :D

Hopefully I'll be able to survive the chapel a little bit easier as well with some of the extra hp potion things I've found too, as I did try and go through it last time, but the enemies were hitting a bit harder in there, so maybe it wont be so bad now.  My only problem is... I've lost my axe move, accidentally picked up another item and was knocked back into the previous area.  And for me, the axe ability is a nice useful thing to have... so I must find it again! xD

4 hours ago, themindisacity said:

Don't mind at first about money, at the end of the game use Jewel Sword in the enemy Spectral Sword Lv3 to  destroy its shields and spears they will turn into saleable rings but keep in mind that 99 zircons and 99 aquamarines won't be enough, it may take a while but is the best way to farm money since the money glitch doesn't work

Edited by Raidiegonovitch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nazareth357 said:

The best way to farm money is in the Reverse Caverns, theres a torch by 3 cave trolls that always drop a $2000 money bag. It took me only an hour to farm the 500k needed for duplicator

Nah the Colosseum candle with the $1000 bag is a little faster to do IIRC.

I'm going to ask this here instead of starting something new... the trophy A Bird's View, I think I found the location of it.  But what I'm wondering is, am I suppose to wait around for things to happen in the nest in question.  I found the telescope, then noticed the bird's nest underneath the room itself (heard chirping at one point too).

15 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I'm going to ask this here instead of starting something new... the trophy A Bird's View, I think I found the location of it.  But what I'm wondering is, am I suppose to wait around for things to happen in the nest in question.  I found the telescope, then noticed the bird's nest underneath the room itself (heard chirping at one point too).

You have to keep reentering the room and watch the birds until the little bird grow up and fly away.

2 hours ago, z-Blazee said:

You have to keep reentering the room and watch the birds until the little bird grow up and fly away.

Gotcha.  I managed to get the simple trophy in the end, I guess I wasn't too sure as the nest did have little chicks in it twice in a row.  So I just came back later on and it worked for me :)

On 10/28/2018 at 3:10 AM, themindisacity said:

Do not forget about the extra Axe Armor you can get from the Spiked ball in the library. Granted you can also get the one from the librarian (which is part of a different trophy).

I was never able to achieve 200.6% for years because i read something about the location of the Beryl Circlet on a gaming magazine ages before but it didn't remember how to do it. It's not exactly something you could achieve without a guide. Also that thing about Ring of Varda dropping only with a Clear savegame.

Yeah I was helping a friend of mine and he get in to that part of beryl circlet but in first castle and when I told him how to open that secret passage he said, "How the hell would I find that out?" 

Well, welcome to the 90´s.

Edited by Raidiegonovitch