2 more potentially missable trophies according to Powerpyx

olivetheturtle

He just updated his guide to reflect that Zoologist and Skin Deep may also be missable, unobtainable after Chapter 5. The full reason why is

There are some animals that live only on Guarma, an island you go to in Chapter 5 and that you can’t get back to afterward.

Definitely make a save here or hold off on progressing further in the story until a full list of the missable animals are out. 

Edited by olivetheturtle

17 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

So the missable animals are the Booby and 3 Parrots? 

Hopefully someone can make a full guide of all animals in Guarma. Tomorrow I will get to ch 5

There's more than that, but the rest appear in other areas. The parrots and booby do not appear elsewhere. To be safe, track and skin everything you come across there. Not 100% sure, of course, but better to err on the side of caution. It's my best guest. Don't treat it as gospel. :P

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2

I wonder if it’s possible to get them through mission replay of Chapter 5. I noticed some missions will not let you use L2 to do anything but focus on your companion, making it impossible to hunt. Some also auto fail if you don’t keep up. I just hunted a rabbit during the mission I’m on though, so it’s surely possible for some missions. Just not sure mission replay counts for the compendium. 

5 hours ago, olivetheturtle said:

I wonder if it’s possible to get them through mission replay of Chapter 5. I noticed some missions will not let you use L2 to do anything but focus on your companion, making it impossible to hunt. Some also auto fail if you don’t keep up. I just hunted a rabbit during the mission I’m on though, so it’s surely possible for some missions. Just not sure mission replay counts for the compendium. 

I think you’ll find replaying missions won’t work. When you replay a mission the game makes a save that you get taken back to afterwards so I’m assuming the only thing that will get updated afterwards is what medal you earned and nothing else.

19 minutes ago, patrickogorman19 said:

there is also a lizard in chapter 5

There are some species that can be found elsewhere, but the birds mentioned definitely look like they can't be found elsewhere. Still, make sure you hunt everything there just to be on the safe side. The official guide does have a checklist, but someone will probably post it somewhere before long.

Edited by MidnightDragon

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

There are some species that can be found elsewhere, but the birds mentioned definitely look like they can't be found elsewhere. Still, make sure you hunt everything there just to be on the safe side. The official guide does have a checklist, but someone will probably post it somewhere before long.

I also found a snake there as well that is only native guamera.Can't find the booby.Unfournately i progressive further in the game before I found the other speacies.However I have it maually saved just in case if its missable.Someone should post a guide that way people don't waste more time than what need to finding animal on that island.

23 minutes ago, patrickogorman19 said:

I also found a snake there as well that is only native guamera.Can't find the booby.Unfournately i progressive further in the game before I found the other speacies.However I have it maually saved just in case if its missable.Someone should post a guide that way people don't waste more time than what need to finding animal on that island.

Remember what it was called? I was going to hunt everything there just to be safe anyway.

I was thinking about one thing... A quest in Ch 3 which

you have to steal 3 rare horses from Brainwithes. I noticed that there was a STUDY option, but couldn't do it during the mission when I noticed it. Does anybody know if these count? It is possible to find them when replaying the mission, but will studying them count for the compendium?

2 minutes ago, Katzen147 said:

Left the island faster than expected... but got a save there... this is truely a pain of a trophy...
Guess i do all other trophies first, reload chapter 5 and go for all animals in one go. Kind of annoying but i guess it's the best you can do.

yes you don't stay there long... think you get two chances to get them.

The trophy says "study animals in all STATES" though. So maybe they aren't needed.

Edited by Harry94_
  • Like 2

Yeah.... Zoologist says you have to study all animals in all states, but "skin deep" says you have to skin every species of animal in story mode.

Don't know if there's a difference between all animals and all species.

PowerPyx says everything has to be on 100% in the animals log, but how can he know for sure?...

Guess we find out in a couple of days.