2 more potentially missable trophies according to Powerpyx

olivetheturtle

6 minutes ago, Harry94_ said:

yes you don't stay there long... think you get two chances to get them.

The trophy says "study animals in all STATES" though. So maybe they aren't needed.

Good catch, I didn’t notice that for Zoologist. But for Skin Deep it says skin every species of animal, so I think they’re definitely needed  :/ 

P.S. It’s like seeing a celebrity, on my post! Thanks for all the guide help over the years. 

Just now, Erkawest said:

Check the earlier posts above

Ah, I see, was looking for the actual names though. I don’t think anyone has posted that yet!

9 minutes ago, Harry94_ said:

yes you don't stay there long... think you get two chances to get them.

The trophy says "study animals in all STATES" though. So maybe they aren't needed.

Hey, nice to see you here. Saw that you didn't get the Lending a hand trophy? Did it work out for you?

Do you know how many animals are missable on this island ?

Just now, Erkawest said:

Hey, nice to see you here. Saw that you didn't get the Lending a hand trophy? Did it work out for you?

Do you know how many animals are missable on this island ?

Nope, wasn't able to get it unlocked.

Just the Parrot and the Booby. Both of which are birds and you don't really "skin" birds.. which makes me think you won't need them. I didn't get them. 

If it turns out you do need them you might be able to replay a mission there and get it.

7 minutes ago, Harry94_ said:

Nope, wasn't able to get it unlocked.

Just the Parrot and the Booby. Both of which are birds and you don't really "skin" birds.. which makes me think you won't need them. I didn't get them. 

If it turns out you do need them you might be able to replay a mission there and get it.

So 2 animals..

Do you have any idea of why Lending glitched for you?

So far I found

1. Red parrot (name: Scarlet Macaw)

2. Green Iguana

3. Blue parrot (name: Blue and yellow macaw)

4. Green parror (name: Great green macaw)

All of these say "native to Guarma" in the info. Are we sure we don't need everything here... all 3 parrots have their own entries in the comp

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 1

I have found THESE  animals on that are endemic according to the compendium:

Parrots:

Scarlet  Macaw 

Blue and Yellow Macaw

Great Green Macaw 

Snakes:

Sunglown Boa

Rainbow Boa

Red-tailed Boa

Crab:

Cuban Land Crab

Lizards:

Green Iguana

Booby:

Red-footed booby 

Pigs: (not 100% they are endemic)

Big China Pig 

Old Spot Pig

WHATI THINK I'M MISSING:

1. MAYBE ONE BOOBY 

(This is based on the compendium sequences and the hand guide detailing that there are roosters on Guarma).

Please get back to me if you find anything else there that is ENDEMIC.

Edited by EphemeralEcho
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, UlvenFenrir said:

How are people already in chapter 5? Im still in chapter 2 with 30 hours of playtime or so. Are people rushing/not caring about exploring? Everyone else is worrying about missables but by the time i get there its probably sorted. ?

I'm right there still in chapter 2 with you and I doubt I'll be anywhere near chapter 5 soon ? I like taking my time

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UlvenFenrir said:

How are people already in chapter 5? Im still in chapter 2 with 30 hours of playtime or so. Are people rushing/not caring about exploring? Everyone else is worrying about missables but by the time i get there its probably sorted. 1f602.png

I'm with you, I'm in Chapter 3 with almost 40 hours in, i dont use the fast travel option and i discover many things even not trophy related. The best way to play! 

• Like 2

I was having a look at my stats on the Rockstar Social Club this morning and I have discovered 81 animals total. Of those, I have skinned 31 and the rest I either haven’t skinned or can’t skin (they are either plucked or collected). My completion rate for the Skin Deep is at 43%. Someone on a Discord server mentioned they have found 80 species and their completion rate for Skin Deep is at 59%. The only way these numbers can make any sense is if you don’t have to skin all 178 species. I’m guessing that for the Skin Deep trophy only species that are listed as being skinable in the compendium count towards this trophy. So some birds can be skinned and count for the trophy while others can only have feathers plucked and don’t count for the trophy. The same can said be for animals like squirrels that can only be collected and not skinned.

This wouldn’t be so bad if only they would allow you to explore the island before choosing to leave. Instead they decided to railroad the player into a chain of missions with no chances to hunt in between. I know it wouldn’t fit the story’s narrative to stick around, but at least you could maybe hunt these animals without any hassle. If there’s no way to go back after chapter 5, they really should patch in a way to return there later.

Edited by RedHarvest17

5 minutes ago, RedHarvest17 said:

This wouldn’t be so bad if only they would allow you to explore the island before choosing to leave. Instead they decided to railroad the player into a chain of missions with no chances to hunt in between. I know it wouldn’t fit the story’s narrative to stick around, but at least you could maybe hunt these animals without any hassle. If there’s no way to go back after chapter 5, they really should patch in a way to return there later.

I hunted some when I first got control, but the area is pretty limited.

After completing the right-side quest, I was able to hunt again but this time all animals disappeared. Daytime seems to be locked also

After the 2nd quest youre thrown into the chain quests and there's no way to return. After learning that the final mission is night and no animals, I reloaded an older save... So gotta do all those ch5 missions again