Glitched Assassination Mission

AlienSteam

Just thought I'd share this information as I very nearly screwed myself out of a couple trophys, luckily I had a save from just before I encountered this......Anyway, one of the Assassination Missions in the South territory is a convoy, i destroyed the two accompanying vehicles but the one carrying the target sped off so I aimed a RPG at it but just missed, however I had Mission Completed come up on screen so I assumed I'd caused enough damage to make it explode, but then I noticed I didn't receive any diamonds and I had actually failed the mission despite it saying Mission Completed......so just a warning just incase this screws anyone else, save before attempting Assassinations(obviously), and make sure you get that damn vehicle, as this would mean being unable to get the trophy for getting all diamonds as well as for the missions themselves.

5 hours ago, AlienSteam said:

Just thought I'd share this information as I very nearly screwed myself out of a couple trophys, luckily I had a save from just before I encountered this......Anyway, one of the Assassination Missions in the South territory is a convoy, i destroyed the two accompanying vehicles but the one carrying the target sped off so I aimed a RPG at it but just missed, however I had Mission Completed come up on screen so I assumed I'd caused enough damage to make it explode, but then I noticed I didn't receive any diamonds and I had actually failed the mission despite it saying Mission Completed......so just a warning just incase this screws anyone else, save before attempting Assassinations(obviously), and make sure you get that damn vehicle, as this would mean being unable to get the trophy for getting all diamonds as well as for the missions themselves.

Good thing you were paying attention. I didn't learn about this until half way through the game and for the rest of the game I was pretty worried as I had a vague recollection that one of the targets had got away at one point. Thankfully that wasn't the case though.