Complete World conditions

visighost

Weird, you definitely don't need all stars -- I just completed world 1 and got the trophy just fine. I had all mails, but I don't think I had all coins (in particular, I don't think I'd gone back to get the coins behind the 18-star gates yet). I would guess that it was a glitch -- have you tried re-completing level 1-8?

Edit: Alternatively, have you completed the 8 tutorial levels? I don't know if they're required for the world 1 trophy or not, but I had completed them (they have a couple mails/coins in them and so are good to do anyway).

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Weird, you definitely don't need all stars -- I just completed world 1 and got the trophy just fine. I had all mails, but I don't think I had all coins (in particular, I don't think I'd gone back to get the coins behind the 18-star gates yet). I would guess that it was a glitch -- have you tried re-completing level 1-8?

Edit: Alternatively, have you completed the 8 tutorial levels? I don't know if they're required for the world 1 trophy or not, but I had completed them (they have a couple mails/coins in them and so are good to do anyway).

Thanks for the quick reply.

I completed all tutorial levels indeed. I completed Level 1-8 a second time to get the retry star... I don't know if it changes, anything, but I went World 1 - Tutorial - World 2 - then back to World 1 to finish it. Hmmm. Will try again tonight.

Corollary question: Are you required to pick up everything for the mail and coin trophies, or are there more than 40-75 around?

2 hours ago, visighost said:

Corollary question: Are you required to pick up everything for the mail and coin trophies, or are there more than 40-75 around?

I'm not done the plat yet, but I'm sure there are far more than 40 and 75 of each. As of level 2-2 I have 20 mails and 40 coins, so there should be more than enough even just in the first 3 worlds (and there is a whole world 4 that is not needed for trophy purposes).

Edit: I got the 40 mails trophy on level 2-8, so that one absolute does not need to be worried about. Starting around 2-5 or so, almost every level has 4 or 5 mails, so this trophy is super easy. However, coins are much rarer in the later levels. Most level now only has 2 coins, which is really annoying. Just finished level 3-3 and still just at 60 coins. Best to try to get every coin that you can along the way, since the levels in world 3 (and I assume world 4) are absolutely obnoxious.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1

Thanks again. When I logged back in yesterday, the trophy for 30 coins popped at the title screen. I then replayed 1-8 and the World Complete popped once I cleared it "again". Glitchy trophies, but at least they're not completely broken.

I'm trying to go with 0-1 coin per level in anticipation of the later ones. This may be one of the rare games I don't finish post-platinum...

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 9:52 AM, visighost said:

Thanks again. When I logged back in yesterday, the trophy for 30 coins popped at the title screen. I then replayed 1-8 and the World Complete popped once I cleared it "again". Glitchy trophies, but at least they're not completely broken.

I'm trying to go with 0-1 coin per level in anticipation of the later ones. This may be one of the rare games I don't finish post-platinum...

If you get all other trophies besides the platinum, doesnt that mean the Platinum (complete world 4) will pop automatically?  Meaning you wont have to do world 4..?  Makes sense doesn't it?  Im gonna find out as soon as i plat this plopper.

Confirmed, world 4 is not needed for platinum.

Edited by Paradigmatica