Prediction: Remaster Inbound

IGN Article where they interview Reinhard Pollice, THQNordic's business & product development director: https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/29/thq-nordic-bought-my-teenage-years-a-so-what-are-they-going-to-do-with-them

Interesting take-aways:

"Nordic sees remastering games as a “first step” for the way it wants to handle its acquisitions. The next step could differ wildly depending on the franchise..." 

and 

In the case of newly-acquired Kingdoms of Amalur, THQ Nordic wasn’t even aware of how many fans it had on its hands until the feverish reception to it buying the IP.

“It's always an interesting challenge to learn about that and find out about what's important for a specific group of people”, Pollice enthuses.

Although EA still retains the publishing rights to KoA, I find it very likely that THQNordic can persuade them to sign up for a new deal for a current gen remaster. 

Anyways, all speculation if it will ever come but I think the odds are very good. What do you all think?

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
Just now, sword_of_omens said:

That and it was very forgiving when it came to weapon and armor drops...always relative to your active class...

Oh and another thing is the fact any build is viable and even has special things for hybrid classes. My first playthrough I did daggers/chakrams and wore heavy armor and had a blast. Even did so on hard.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

Oh and another thing is the fact any build is viable and even has special things for hybrid classes. My first playthrough I did daggers/chakrams and wore heavy armor and had a blast. Even did so on hard.

Chakrams are my absolute favorite...Best fighting weapon ever...

23 hours ago, sword_of_omens said:

That and it was very forgiving when it came to weapon and armor drops...always relative to your active class...

Is this a joke?

I have like a dozen of uncompleted Armor sets.

Still hoping to get my Lunala helm to complete my set, after so many years.

And I've got many pieces duplicated. 

The drop is crazily random.

9 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Is this a joke?

I have like a dozen of uncompleted Armor sets.

No, no joke...the armor and weapon drops were almost always tailored to your active class..yeh you might get dupes, but that's beside the point...

I had beaten the game multiple times and reset and changed classes during some of the playthroughs and the drops almost always complemented my classes..

maybe they had changed it in a patch after i had stopped playing it?

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2018 at 7:13 PM, Afro_Gear said:

IGN Article where they interview Reinhard Pollice, THQNordic's business & product development director: https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/29/thq-nordic-bought-my-teenage-years-a-so-what-are-they-going-to-do-with-them

Interesting take-aways:

"Nordic sees remastering games as a “first step” for the way it wants to handle its acquisitions. The next step could differ wildly depending on the franchise..." 

and 

In the case of newly-acquired Kingdoms of Amalur, THQ Nordic wasn’t even aware of how many fans it had on its hands until the feverish reception to it buying the IP.

“It's always an interesting challenge to learn about that and find out about what's important for a specific group of people”, Pollice enthuses.

Although EA still retains the publishing rights to KoA, I find it very likely that THQNordic can persuade them to sign up for a new deal for a current gen remaster. 

Anyways, all speculation if it will ever come but I think the odds are very good. What do you all think?

With the latest leaks looks like your predication might come true

If true, I'll get it. It's a long one but I had a lot of fun with the game. Plus I never got around to getting the DLC which I assume would be included in a remaster. If they fix things hopefully they fix the horrible level scaling.