EphemeralEcho

Zoologist & Skin Deep

11 posts in this topic

I'm sure I'm not the only one completely terrified of these two trophies ever since chapter 5 proved to be missable. 

I want to send out a plea to people to try this:

For Skin deep the trophy description says that you need to skin all SPECIES, not sub species.

I take this as

1 Snake 

1 Boar 

1 Armadillo 

Etc. 

Not each category of the same animal.

For the study every animal it states: in all states e.g. on the main land? 

Thoughts?

Thoughts? You’re being overly hopeful that the developers of this game would make the trophies easier to obtain than the descriptions say. A snake is not a species, but a group of animals with similar traits that can be traced back to common evolutionary ancestors. Each type of snake would be an individual species and thus the trophy description would require skinning them all, not just one. You are confusing the definition of SPECIES with family or group and SUBSPECIES with the actual taxonomic definition of species. Assuming Rockstar has not done the same, I’d imagine all types of snakes and ducks and deer, etc will count toward the trophy.

Long story short, unless proven otherwise prepare to study and skin all the animals.

31 minutes ago, Senor_T_Dub said:

Thoughts? You’re being overly hopeful that the developers of this game would make the trophies easier to obtain than the descriptions say. A snake is not a species, but a group of animals with similar traits that can be traced back to common evolutionary ancestors. Each type of snake would be an individual species and thus the trophy description would require skinning them all, not just one. You are confusing the definition of SPECIES with family or group and SUBSPECIES with the actual taxonomic definition of species. Assuming Rockstar has not done the same, I’d imagine all types of snakes and ducks and deer, etc will count toward the trophy.

Long story short, unless proven otherwise prepare to study and skin all the animals.

TRUST ME.

I'm not taking any chances.

I've been in Guarma all day looking for animals. Just found another snake and I'm still missing the one others have found.  And i think there are three of them. 

I'm just speculating 

8 minutes ago, EphemeralEcho said:

TRUST ME.

I'm not taking any chances.

I've been in Guarma all day looking for animals. Just found another snake and I'm still missing the one others have found.  And i think there are three of them. 

I'm just speculating 

What animals have you found in Guarma?

You are looking for these at the beginning of the chapter right? As soon as you take control of Arthur again

2 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

What animals have you found in Guarma?

You are looking for these at the beginning of the chapter right? As soon as you take control of Arthur again

I responded to a previous post with my findings

1 minute ago, EphemeralEcho said:

I responded to a previous post with my findings

How did you reach the beach? As soon as I get close to the red circles they rush me from nowhere

Just now, Erkawest said:

How did you reach the beach? As soon as I get close to the red circles they rush me from nowhere

I did this 

Nice, where did you find the crab? Must be impossible to loot it when killed

Yet for the completion trophy you only need to discover 50 animals! 

Why oh why are the 2 trophies mentioned in the OP are Bronze?