Guarma Missable Animals list

EphemeralEcho

How are you guys able to even explore the island without being killed? The whole place is just one big dead zone. I keep getting killed every time I get anywhere near the red areas on the map. All the birds (excluding the parrots) only seem to want to spawn near the coast. I can’t get close enough to study them, let alone kill and skin them without being noticed and shot to pieces within seconds. I don’t think the animals could be found during missions either because you’ll most likely fail by straying from the objectives. This limited exploration just sucks and I have found exactly zero snakes on this island, so where are they? Please answer soon.

Edited by RedHarvest17

3 minutes ago, EphemeralEcho said:

Snakes took me 5 hours to find. 

They are just below the campsite in the tall grass. 

Yes. I have a full compendium of all of these now. 

How did you get to the crab if it was at the beach?

So there is no rooster or 2nd booby?

30 minutes ago, Rodrister said:

But "Skin every species of animal in Story Mode"

When you skin an animal, doesn't count as studied? Or you have to do both?

You need to study and skin individually, I usually study, track, kill and skin by that order.

Edited by bpmotard
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, EphemeralEcho said:

Hey everyone.

I've spent the last 6 hour scouring Guarma for any animals I can find since there ARE missable ones.

The ones I found that are endemic to the island are:

Parrots:

1. Blue & Yellow Macaw

2. Scarlet Macaw

3. Great Green Macaw 

Snakes

1. Sunglow Boa

2. Rainbow Boa

3. Red-tailed Boa

Lizards 

1. Green Iguana 

Booby 

1. Red Footed Booby.

2. ??? (I Think there is a blue one. Please help me confirm this)

Crabs:

Cuban Land Crab 

Pigs (Might not be endemic)

China Pig 

Spotted Pig 

*I Found something called a green turtle, but it didn't get added to my compendium so I doubt it counts, it was only seen once and I studied it in the middle of the ocean*

Please help me confirm if:

There is a rooster endemic to the island 

Another booby.

If I get these answered I can with certainty say that these are ALL the animals on the island.

Have we confirmed this as the list of all species on guarma or is there another booby or other species?

13 minutes ago, SavantVagabond said:

Have we confirmed this as the list of all species on guarma or is there another booby or other species?

I haven't been able to find another booby. So if someone can confirm which animal is right of the red footed booby in the compendium list. I can put that rest

1 hour ago, Erkawest said:

How did you get to the crab if it was at the beach?

So there is no rooster or 2nd booby?

I don't know. 

No one else seems to be helping me it seems.

Would be nice if others looked actively aswell

37 minutes ago, EphemeralEcho said:

I spent some time yesterday but currently at work,

I will restart the entire ch 5 and search for animals again. I did 2 quests and it forced me into some chain-quests I couldn't leave...

41 minutes ago, EphemeralEcho said:

I haven't been able to find another booby. So if someone can confirm which animal is right of the red footed booby in the compendium list. I can put that rest

I don't know. 

sorry I am looking right now the island is pretty tough.

18 minutes ago, SavantVagabond said:

sorry I am looking right now the island is pretty tough.

If you find any animals other than what I described please tell me.

HAS ANYONE FOUND THE ANIMAL NEXT TO THE BOOBY IN THE COMPENDIUM?

PAGE 9

SLOT 5 

ROW 1 FROM THE TOP.

If anyone finds this I will declare all Guarma Animals found.

There are no endemic roosters.

• Like 1

I am searching the island too and I have not found a second bobby. Also what I did was Study & then shoot a crab on the beach and just run up to it and pick it up.

That’s how I got the Red Footed Bobby. He only appeared high in the sky when I sat on top of the shack by the beach and his body fell to the corn field and I did the same thing. Hauled ass over to skin before I died. It shows as completed compendium 

5 minutes ago, klair88 said:

I am searching the island too and I have not found a second bobby. Also what I did was Study & then shoot a crab on the beach and just run up to it and pick it up.

That’s how I got the Red Footed Bobby. He only appeared high in the sky when I sat on top of the shack by the beach and his body fell to the corn field and I did the same thing. Hauled ass over to skin before I died. It shows as completed compendium 

Oh nice, so it works to skin them and die peacefully, n still keep the info

Yeah that’s whats worked for me. I have everything from @EphemeralEcho list but never seen any snake at all and there’s 3 of them? I’ll have to check beside the campsite as mentioned earlier.

Very limited playing space and it you even start Dutch’s first mission it launches you into back to back missions until you’re home. Can’t free roam again, I had to reload save last night. 

Just now, klair88 said:

Yeah that’s whats worked for me. I have everything from @EphemeralEcho list but never seen any snake at all and there’s 3 of them? I’ll have to check beside the campsite as mentioned earlier.

Very limited playing space and it you even start Dutch’s first mission it launches you into back to back missions until you’re home. Can’t free roam again, I had to reload save last night. 

Yeah. The snakes take ages to find. Complete nightmare, and I only knew about the last one cause someone else found it

4 minutes ago, klair88 said:

I did it too, got to the final mission, checked a youtube video and saw that you leave the island after that. So going to have to replay from last mission on ch 4 again, won't take long. But now we know that you shouldn't complete the quests once you have control of the character.

One thing that could be worth doing is to check if there are any animals in the

save Javier quest

as it's daytime and you have some room to check for animals within the quest (it is replayable though)

The other quest is night time and probably doesn't have animals. When I completed one of these quests, all animals disappeared, so don't complete any quests until you are sure you got everything in the "free roam"

One thing we could start doing is to start a new thread and post our animal findings, then we could compile all results into a list

Edited by Erkawest