Guarma Missable Animals list

EphemeralEcho

7 minutes ago, Vanyar1 said:

If I take 163 animals for study, I get near 36% (maybe I miscounted a bit) so that seems to be right.

But the other one can't be right. I have 34 skinned, 3 collected and 1 pulked (I recounted two times). 36% percentage for the trophy. Neither 34 nor 38 would get me to 36%.

Well in your case that would mean a total of 105/106 skins. Perhaps the legendaries don't count.

Amount of animals to study: 162 [ (16 legendary animals subtracted from the total)

Amount of animals to skin: 118 (or 106) (unsure number, need more reports)

Edit: I just read that there are 16 legendary animals, so animals to study are 162

Edit2: Perhaps only the skin animals count, and every pluck/collect doesn't. Just speculating at this point lol

Edited by Erkawest

22 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Great numbers, I guess that this confirms that all the Guarma animals are needed for study.

The only problem with skinning is that we dont know how many animals can be skinned, so 178 isn't a correct number for the total in skinning. You are saying that you skinned 78 animals and it shows 66%? That means that the total amount of skinning is 118

So do we have the numbers? Based on your figures

Amount of animals to study: 163  [90/163 = 55,2 %] (15 legendary animals subtracted from the total)

Amount of animals to skin: 118  [78/118 = 66%] (103 normal animals and 15 legendary?)

Just killed and skinned(not plucked or collected) yellow loon and reddish egret. They got me to 79 - 67% and 80 - 69%. If only I managed to hit that golden sparrow I would know if you need to "collect" animals.

Plucked eastern vulture, still 69%.

5 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Collected golden sparrow, still 69%

I guess you need only the animals that have word "skinned" in profile. Moving on to legendaries

Seems to be the case, if we have 105 total "skin" animals, it would mean that each newly skinned/plucked/collected would add 0.95% to the total. Yours didn't move you say? Try another bird

But perhaps 70 of the total 178 don't count if there's no skin option. So birds and smaller don't count?

Edited by Erkawest

Just now, Erkawest said:

Seems to be the case, if we have 105 total skin animals, it would mean that each newly skinned/plucked/collected would add 1.05% to the total. Yours didn't move you say?

But perhaps 70 of the total 178 don't count if there's no skin option.

Just plucked a whooping crane and it's still a 69%. So, yeah. You don't need to pluck or collect. I got 2 plucked and 1 collected and percentage didn't move an inch.

Okay, so we have

Amount of animals to study: 162 (16 legendaries subtracted)

Amount of animals to skin: 106 (72 birds amd smaller subtracted. Skin option only counts)

This would mean that plucking the parrots or booby wasm't necessary. But studying was

The 4 snakes had both study & skin option so they are necessary

2 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Okay, so we have

Amount of animals to skin: 106 (72 birds amd smaller subtracted. Skin option only counts)

This would mean that plucking the parrots or booby wasm't necessary. But studying was

What about animals that can be skinned but don't have that progress in the compendium like the types of pigs? Do you need them for the trophy?

4 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Okay, so we have

Legendaries don't count. Still had 69% on a legendary boar. Snowy egret(skinned) pushed the number to 70%. It seems there are less skins than a hundred. Need to recount, I guees.

1 minute ago, Alex_R-13 said:

What about animals that can be skinned but don't have that progress in the compendium like the types of pigs? Do you need them for the trophy?

For zoologist - yes. For skin deep - no

Edited by Akrioz

6 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Legendaries don't count. Still had 69% on a legendary boar. Snowy egret(skinned) pushed the number to 70%. It seems there are less skins than a hundred. Need to recount, I guees.

For zoologist - yes. For skin deep - no

Nah don't need to recount, just take your total amount of skinned / 0.70 and you will get the total amount. It's probably still 106, but can 72 (56 w/o legends) really be birds and non-skinnable animals? Feels like there are a lot more 

7 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Well, it's either I can't count or I dunno. But it seems that 59 skinned is 70%, 58 - 69, 57 - 67%, 56 - 66%.

When I wrote about 78 - 66% I counted plucked/collected/legendaries too

Well 59 skinned with 70% would make the total of 84 skinnable animals

I’ve skinned (only counting non legendary animal that have “skinned” listed in the compendium) 32 animals. The social club app says I’m 52% complete for the trophy. If the trophy tracker is accurate and I didn’t miscount, then it looks like the total amount needed is just above 60. 

36 minutes ago, MisterPee said:

I’ve skinned (only counting non legendary animal that have “skinned” listed in the compendium) 32 animals. The social club app says I’m 52% complete for the trophy. If the trophy tracker is accurate and I didn’t miscount, then it looks like the total amount needed is just above 60. 

The one and only logical explanation for this would be that male/female deers/rams, big/small alligators doesnt count as separate species.

Just to make sure, the animals on Guarma are the only missable ones right? Because I saw someone mention that there is a horse you can miss in chapter 3 and it would be pointless to spend hours looking for snakes if I already missed a different animal.

Alright I got everything except Sunbow Boa and Red-tailed Boa. But I keep getting Fer-De-Lance Boas now.. I guess I'll have to keep trying for a long time..

16 minutes ago, myshdws said:

Just to make sure, the animals on Guarma are the only missable ones right? Because I saw someone mention that there is a horse you can miss in chapter 3 and it would be pointless to spend hours looking for snakes if I already missed a different animal.

Horses do not count for the Zoologist trophy.

This thread is a mess and not worth reading your amateur scavenger hunt ideas.

Go on the Xbox version (or find out from someone) to study, track, kill, and skin ANY OF THE MISSABLE ANIMALS and see if the achievement tracker goes up for the two achievements.

We can know and confirm EXACTLY which ones are counted, that easily.

I am sick of reading that "no one knows for sure" what is counted.

STFU and GO LOOK AT THE TRACKER ON XBOX. Stop making the guides on this version since it will be impossible to tell which is and which is not needed.

I am very worried that even a 100% filled bar on each animal in the compendium will not unlock "skin deep" since it is possible to not skin animals and still get 100% of the bar. And I go to look at this thread for an answer and it's 10+ pages long of conversing BS.

Edited by QQQ_AX