EphemeralEcho

14 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

- is there a profesional scavanger thread? Please share a link

- we are not on the xbox version as we are on a psn forum

- if you are sick of reading this thread take some pills

- we don't stfu we discuss. This is a forum

- again this is a ps4 forum not a xbox forum we dont have CAPSLOCKTRACKERS 

- if you are worried call dr phil.

now please go cry somewhere else. these people are trying to help everybody out in there own free amateur time.

srsly some ppl..

You're all making it so much more harder on yourselves fretting about which is counted and not, when the answer is so easy to find out.

Instead of having a guide full of misinformation, we can have an Xbox player who has the tracker open at all times confirm exactly what animals need to be skinned, the instant they do it, and what missable animals counts.

But because PS is the popular platform of choice, we leave the guide making up to the PS4 users and Powerpyx(Playstation), who are unable to write this guide with certainty.

Edited by QQQ_AX

13 minutes ago, QQQ_AX said:

This thread is a mess and not worth reading your amateur scavenger hunt ideas.

Go on the Xbox version (or find out from someone) to study, track, kill, and skin ANY OF THE MISSABLE ANIMALS and see if the achievement tracker goes up for the two achievements.

We can know and confirm EXACTLY which ones are counted, that easily.

I am sick of reading that "no one knows for sure" what is counted.

STFU and GO LOOK AT THE TRACKER ON XBOX. Stop making the guides on this version since it will be impossible to tell which is and which is not needed.

I am very worried that even a 100% filled bar on each animal in the compendium will not unlock "skin deep" since it is possible to not skin animals and still get 100% of the bar. And I go to look at this thread for an answer and it's 10+ pages long of conversing BS.

You go look ya lazy ♥. Also some animals can’t be skinned, dead obvious.

9 minutes ago, QQQ_AX said:

Go on the Xbox version (or find out from someone) to study, track, kill, and skin

STFU and GO LOOK AT THE TRACKER ON XBOX. Stop making the guides on this version since it will be impossible to tell which is and which is not needed.

since it is possible to not skin animals and still get 100% of the bar.

Well, you go and do that.

And I would really like to see you skin a cow or a dog. Dunno what skinnable animal you managed to get to 100% without skinning/plucking/collecting.

6 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

I’m case it was glanced over from that nonsense, any tip on actually studying the red booby without being killed? I can’t aeem to do it without being detected.

Yes, climb up on the shack or stand on the big rock on the sand right before the bridge when heading along the river towards the beach (red zone). Both places work, don't forget you can 2-3x zoom study with the binoculars

12 minutes ago, QQQ_AX said:

You're all making it so much more harder on yourselves fretting about which is counted and not, when the answer is so easy to find out.

Sorry but this thread is what lead to the results we have. Ofc it is a mess now, but there's a clean thread with all results, no discussion

8 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Yes, climb up on the shack or stand on the big rock on the sand right before the bridge when heading along the river towards the beach (red zone). Both places work, don't forget you can 2-3x zoom study with the binoculars

Sorry but this thread is what lead to the results we have. Ofc it is a mess now, but there's a clean thread with all results, no discussion

I’m at a loss, went and crouched behind that rock and got killed again after a Minute.  I simp,y can’t stay alive long enough to even find the thing.

2 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

I’m at a loss, went and crouched behind that rock and got killed again after a Minute.  I simp,y can’t stay alive long enough to even find the thing.

Weird, I usually could run into their camp and survive for 10-20 seconds before being killed. At the shack are 2 guys standing, approach the shack from the other side and climb up on it, this won't bring their attention

16 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Ignore this dude, hes not even having this game in his list and has an average % of 20 so he seems not to care about trophys that much.

He's just here to takin the piss for whatever reasons without helping at all.

Edited by KingTom95

3 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Weird, I usually could run into their camp and survive for 10-20 seconds before being killed. At the shack are 2 guys standing, approach the shack from the other side and climb up on it, this won't bring their attention

yeah i stayed alive for a minute on the shack until i was somehow spotted.  if i find a red booby, are they ALL in the group flying or are birds mixed in a flock?

Hello everyone, 

I have a problem I guess, I've been searching for the Fer-De-Lance snake for about 2 hours now, but I only found the other snakes. But around the last 20 reload's I haven't seen any snake nowhere, I also tried getting myself killed but I just seems no animals are respawning. Does anybody know how to fix this?

16 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

yeah i stayed alive for a minute on the shack until i was somehow spotted.  if i find a red booby, are they ALL in the group flying or are birds mixed in a flock?

I think mine was a single bird

2 minutes ago, rammsteinDUDE99 said:

Hello everyone, 

I have a problem I guess, I've been searching for the Fer-De-Lance snake for about 2 hours now, but I only found the other snakes. But around the last 20 reload's I haven't seen any snake nowhere, I also tried getting myself killed but I just seems no animals are respawning. Does anybody know how to fix this?

It happened to me too.. somehow they started spawning again. Try heading to the 2nd spawn point, stand there for a while and just spam L2 (while facing towards the mission)

Hey, I have a good tips for the Boa snakes! Just exit the game completely and start playing again, there will always be a snake with the logs (only Boa). I have tried 6 times now and have found Rainbow Boa and Red-Tailed Boa. (Found a snake 6/6 times) Of course not the Sunglow Boa which I'm missing. I will continue to try.

Edit: I will also update if I DON'T find a snake one of the times I'm trying.  

I'm looking forward to leave this Island after 8+ hours, tired of this shit... 

EDIT: Found a snake 8/8 times, I'm finally done with this Island. Never going back! Good luck guys, hope this helps a bit!

Edited by krispo123

3 minutes ago, krispo123 said:

I'm looking forward to leave this Island after 8+ hours, tired of this shit... 

Wait... You are still missing the sunglow? Saw that one too many times, rainbow was rarest after FDL snake. Well it should spawn at the logs 

7 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

Does anyone else get a glitch where they can’t use their binoculars?

Yes.. It happened to me, but works again after some seconds. Try switching to weapons and back etc.. was annoying

57 minutes ago, rammsteinDUDE99 said:

Hello everyone, 

It took me 5 hours. Just keep trying 

1 hour ago, rammsteinDUDE99 said:

Hello everyone, 

I could not find the Fer-De-Lance until i played the ''?" mission near the snake spot. But once i was done with that mission it spawnd me in at the camp, went to the snake spot and found it first try. It was probably pure luck, but worth giving a try if you havent already completed it of cource. Also i kept getting a glitch were i could not get my binoculars out when i was near that mission. So i would say just do that mission if you havent already done it. (again dont do the ''D" mission it will leave the island, only do the ''?" mission)

16 minutes ago, DamianLB-97 said:

I could not find the Fer-De-Lance until i played the ''?" mission near the snake spot. But once i was done with that mission it spawnd me in at the camp, went to the snake spot and found it first try. It was probably pure luck, but worth giving a try if you havent already completed it of cource. Also i kept getting a glitch were i could not get my binoculars out when i was near that mission. So i would say just do that mission if you havent already done it. (again dont do the ''D" mission it will leave the island, only do the ''?" mission)

I also finished the "?" mission and I've been searching for 7 hours now and haven't found it yet

9 minutes ago, myshdws said:

I also finished the "?" mission and I've been searching for 7 hours now and haven't found it yet

I didn't do either mission when I found mine.

I don't know how but suddenly the snake appeared for us when we did the trick Alex wrote on page 7

Do this route.

1. Make a manual save after a death

2. Run straight to the logs (probably empty)

3. Run straight to the 2nd spawn spot

4. Spam L3+R3 and hold L2 while you look around. L2 should lock onto the snake

5. Be patient

6. If nothing, reload and try again

38 minutes ago, DamianLB-97 said:

This didn't work for me unfortunately, thanks for pointing it out anyways.

1 minute ago, Erkawest said:

Do this route.

1. Make a manual save after a death

2. Run straight to the logs (probably empty)

3. Run straight to the 2nd spawn spot

4. Spam L3+R3 and hold L2 while you look around. L2 should lock onto the snake

5. Be patient

6. If nothing, reload and try again

I wil try doing this now, how long did you normally wait?

19 minutes ago, rammsteinDUDE99 said:

This didn't work for me unfortunately, thanks for pointing it out anyways.

I wil try doing this now, how long did you normally wait?

I was very impatient first so I got the snake after 5h.. closed down and went to sleep. But when somebody posted this tip, I went back on and got it on my first try luckily.

Stay there maybe max 5-6mins, hold L2 and move the cursor around (face the ? missiom from the 2nd spawn point)

Just now, Erkawest said:

I was very impatient first so I got the snake after 5h.. closed down and went to sleep. But when somebody posted this tip, I went back on and got it on my first try luckily.

Stay there maybe max 5-6mins, hold L2 and move the cursor around (face the ? missiom from the 2nd spawn point)

I just found the bastard, I did it your way, standing at the second spawn for around 3-4 minutes. After that I went back to the first spot, and there I saw it crawling between the two spawns. Thanks for the tips and the small guide you guys put together :)

1 minute ago, rammsteinDUDE99 said:

I just found the bastard, I did it your way, standing at the second spawn for around 3-4 minutes. After that I went back to the first spot, and there I saw it crawling between the two spawns. Thanks for the tips and the small guide you guys put together :)

Nice grats! Apparently this is the way to spawn it weirdly enough..