Guarma Missable Animals list

EphemeralEcho

2 minutes ago, imh007 said:

I'm on 124/178 animals (that's 78% Zoologist & 67% Skin Deep according to https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr2/trophies) w/o Guarma yet - finding small birds is the hardest part sometimes

How many animals have you "skinned" and how many "studied"?

3 minutes ago, myshdws said:

Can someone post a video on how to do it? I'm 8 hours in and starting to lose faith

There is a video on page 8

1 minute ago, Erkawest said:

There is a video on page 8

I've watched the video like 10 times by now, was just wondering about the technique where you aim at a specific spot for a few minutes until it spawns

5 minutes ago, myshdws said:

I've watched the video like 10 times by now, was just wondering about the technique where you aim at a specific spot for a few minutes until it spawns

Well I don't know if you need to aim at a specific direction but that's how mine spawned and apparently the guy who posted here got it with my mini-guide the same way too. It's really random as hll doing this to make it work, but it seems to work

I held L2 and sweeped the area when the snake spawned under me and ran off

Edited by Erkawest

The booby bird, is there any other way to study them? Whatever I do the guards get alerted. If i try to stealthily go up to the roof, stealthily but a bit faster, trying to watch the sky from the river (like 50-100 meters away from the red area) and the guards always come attack me... wtf?

50 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

119 studied (if that means R1'd) - excluding 6 legendaries

49 skinned (including 2 legendaries) - w/o plucked or collected/picked up birds/critters

some animals aren't 100% yet (missed "tracked" and merino sheep shows known but tracker is 0%)

Edited by imh007

26 minutes ago, JrsAlster said:

The booby bird, is there any other way to study them? Whatever I do the guards get alerted. If i try to stealthily go up to the roof, stealthily but a bit faster, trying to watch the sky from the river (like 50-100 meters away from the red area) and the guards always come attack me... wtf?

Try to run through the cornfield in the red area to the right and see how far you come to the village, for me I could go all the way to them without getting detected. Maybe that will move the guards away from the shack. Could be that aggression/guard spawn points will shift

13 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Try to run through the cornfield in the red area to the right and see how far you come to the village, for me I could go all the way to them without getting detected. Maybe that will move the guards away from the shack. Could be that aggression/guard spawn points will shift

I got to the entrance of the city and I had about 12 guards around me... This Island is currently ruining the game for me

Follow the earlier posted youtube video. Got everything quickly

question though (dont mind the horrible picture)

can anyone tell me what I'm missing in the bottom right?

From left to right is -> Red Boa Snake - Rainbow Boa Snake - Sunglow Boa Snake - (bottem right??) - next page first one is the fer-de-lance snake

wut.jpg

Edited by Deluziion90

2 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Follow the earlier posted youtube video. Got everything quickly

question though (dont mind the horrible picture)

can anyone tell me what I'm missing in the bottom right?

From left to right is -> Red Boa Snake - Rainbow Boa Snake - Sunglow Boa Snake - (bottem right??) - next page first one is the fer-de-lance snake

wut.jpg

Hey mate, did not much hunting yet but I think I got the one you are missing, it is the Texas Rattlesnake:

img_20181101_023544xfceu.jpg

img_20181101_0235529xdwj.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, berserklover said:

These type of trophy are truly for the hardcore, that’s a hard pass for me. I just don’t have fun hunting one animal for 5 hours in a missable island. 

I'd rather hunt for 200 more hours instead of getting those 70 gold medals I'm truly scared for those?

On 30.10.2018 at 10:59 AM, EphemeralEcho said:

I haven't been able to find another booby. So if someone can confirm which animal is right of the red footed booby in the compendium list. I can put that rest

I don't know. 

No one else seems to be helping me it seems.

Would be nice if others looked actively aswell

Not sure if you've been answered, but it's an american robin to the right of the bobby) 

2 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I'd rather hunt for 200 more hours instead of getting those 70 gold medals I'm truly scared for those1f62d.png

I am more concerned with animals, I think I already have a basic idea of how to do all the golds that don't have a speed run time limit. I haven't used any health items for the last 40 or so missions. I haven't tried a mission replay, but I hope it lets you keep the health you have at the end of the game, rather than the level starting with the health you had at the time you did that mission. I haven't been looking at gold requirements before doing missions, I just tried to avoid using health items, if it is successful for my 70 golds, I will post how to easily get golds, I am considering doing it next after I finish my first playthrough. 

Edited by Sergen

6 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I am more concerned with animals, I think I already have a basic idea of how to do all the golds that don't have a speed run time limit. I haven't used any health items for the last 40 or so missions. I haven't tried a mission replay, but I hope it lets you keep the health you have at the end of the game, rather than the level starting with the health you had at the time you did that mission. I haven't been looking at gold requirements before doing missions, I just tried to avoid using health items, if it is successful for my 70 golds, I will post how to easily get golds, I am considering doing it next after I finish my first playthrough. 

I was playing earlier today and got all but one optional objective on a mission. Immediately went to replay it just to knock it out and I spawned in with a basic horse and my health, stamina and deadeye where all half of what they were. Honestly the replay system is kinda garbage compared to GTA 5 and I feel like it’s gonna make getting 70 golds a real bitch. 

Just now, MisterPee said:

I was playing earlier today and got all but one optional objective on a mission. Immediately went to replay it just to knock it out and I spawned in with a basic horse and my health, stamina and deadeye where all half of what they were. Honestly the replay system is kinda garbage compared to GTA 5 and I feel like it’s gonna make getting 70 golds a real bitch. 

Especially when all requirements have to be done in one go, unlike GTA V where you could do the headshot requirement, then do a run specifically for the time. It might have aim assist, but getting those headshots within the time limit is still a huge piss take if the mission requires around 20 headshots and requires you to also beat the mission in less than 5 minutes. Do the items you have on your character carry over to a mission replay? 

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

Especially when all requirements have to be done in one go, unlike GTA V where you could do the headshot requirement, then do a run specifically for the time. It might have aim assist, but getting those headshots within the time limit is still a huge piss take if the mission requires around 20 headshots and requires you to also beat the mission in less than 5 minutes. Do the items you have on your character carry over to a mission replay? 

No items do not. My satchel was completely empty if I remember correctly. Also I didnt have my second firearm holster that makes duel wielding possible but I’m pretty sure that’s a glitch. 

1 hour ago, MisterPee said:

No items do not. My satchel was completely empty if I remember correctly. Also I didnt have my second firearm holster that makes duel wielding possible but I’m pretty sure that’s a glitch. 

If they never patch it, it looks like it'll just be easier to restart the whole story and make a manual save before starting a mission, then if you don't get gold, re-load that manual save. It'll at least allow you to use the gear you once had. It'll be a pure piss take for a lot of missions, but better than nothing. 

3 hours ago, Sergen said:

If they never patch it, it looks like it'll just be easier to restart the whole story and make a manual save before starting a mission, then if you don't get gold, re-load that manual save. It'll at least allow you to use the gear you once had. It'll be a pure piss take for a lot of missions, but better than nothing. 

That’s exactly how PowerPyx recommends doing it in his guide. I’m thinking about starting to do that since I just started chapter 3, but it’ll take a lot of the enjoyment out of my first play through.