Guarma Missable Animals list

EphemeralEcho

This is killing my brain, ive been hunting for like 4 hours and 1 spawned and INSTANTLY died, so i got tracking and skin done but i couldnt study, i just heard a like crack kind of death sound and found a red unknown animal track, since then im yet to see another

> Skin Deep: Skin every species of animal in Story Mode.

Has anyone considered going for *species* only?

According to official guide, there are 75 species, 2 of them only on Guarma (Booby and Parrot) which cannot be skinned.

This would maybe explain why the first Skin Deep guy got the trophy without Guarma snakes.

He's at 93% with Zoologist so we will see soon.

Edited by HusKyCode

On 10/29/2018 at 9:41 PM, EphemeralEcho said:

*Please give +REP if you found the information useful*

Hey everyone.

I've spent the last 6 hour scouring Guarma for any animals I can find since there ARE missable ones.

The ones I found that are endemic to the island are:

Parrots:

1. Blue & Yellow Macaw

2. Scarlet Macaw

3. Great Green Macaw 

Snakes

1. Sunglow Boa

2. Rainbow Boa

3. Red-tailed Boa

4. Fer-De-Lance Snake

(All the snakes are found just North-West of the camp in a small clearing)

Lizards 

1. Green Iguana 

Booby 

1. Red Footed Booby.

Crabs:

Cuban Land Crab 

Pigs (Might not be endemic)

China Pig 

Spotted Pig 

Thanks to the very helpful information I was able to find the 3 parrots and all 4 snakes.

can someone confirm if the Spotted Pig can be found on the mainland? If so, where?

@Aicalo Out of that list you only need the 3 parrots, the 4 snakes and the Booby - all other pigs can be found on the mainland (even the crab!)

Old Spot Pig can be found on farms and even towns across New Hanover - you might check Downes Ranch for it:

Spoiler

DownesRanch_Map.jpg

Edited by imh007
  • Like 2

On 30/10/2018 at 2:51 PM, Rodrister said:

One question, is there no info about this in the official guide?

No. All the other parts highlights in red and caps of a missable thing/achievement so it can't be missable.

Edited by GTAJJ

19 minutes ago, Igni said:

Just found a Fer De Lance snake in New Austin. So great news for anyone that missed that

Wow, the day we feared has come, what a way to ruin my Friday! All those hours wasted...

Jokes aside, thanks for the info. Where exactly can it be found?

3 hours ago, Igni said:

Just found a Fer De Lance snake in New Austin. So great news for anyone that missed that

3 hours ago, Igni said:

I found it near a cabin, swamp area outside Thieves Landing

@SugmaBaws Doesn't matter what the compendium says, the cuban land crab is also native to Guerma but can be found on the mainland - so try your luck at Thieves Landing, New Austin if you have access to it

27 minutes ago, imh007 said:

@SugmaBaws Doesn't matter what the compendium says, the cuban land crab is also native to Guerma but can be found on the mainland - so try your luck at Thieves Landing, New Austin if you have access to it

I see, but I'm stuck on chapter 5 and I wont go further before there's proof that the snake is possible to get on the main land. So if you or anyone else could check and report back that would be great.

5 minutes ago, Igni said:

@SugmaBaws I promise you I found it around Theives Landing. But personally, I'd stay at Guarma, easier to get it there than searching randomly around the swamp

You could just be a huge troll right now (highly doubt it), but I haven't seen anyone else say the snake is anywhere on the main land and the game's been out for a week. Anyway I've spent around 8 hours on Guarma trying to find the snake, but nothing. The Fer-De-Lance snake isn't like other snakes, it moves all the time and it could almost be anywhere on the island.

Edited by SugmaBaws
Accidentaly clicked 'enter' mid-sentence.
  • Like 1

Reading about all of the people searching snakes for hours, I started thinking. There's got to be something you can do about this.
Very aware of where my first snake kill was, which came very easily, suddenly it dawned on me. The game might not want to spawn another snake when a dead one is in the vicinity, so I took the dead snake, walked all the way to the west and threw it in the river there, then went back east and almost immediately saw a red dot on my map.

I knew something was amiss anyway because it's actually really easy to spot snakes since a red dot shows up on your map when you are near one, which always catches my eye immediately.

Anyway, I got all 3 snakes in about 10 minutes this way. It's possible that just dying by guards completely despawns everything, I haven't tested. So that may be the only reason some of you found a new snake, cause you died.

5 hours ago, HusKyCode said:

kierrin_1994 just got both trophies while also skipping all Guarma snakes.

2 hours ago, SugmaBaws said:

You could just be a huge troll right now (highly doubt it), but I haven't seen anyone else say the snake is anywhere on the main land and the game's been out for a week. Anyway I've spent around 8 hours on Guarma trying to find the snake, but nothing. The Fer-De-Lance snake isn't like other snakes, it moves all the time and it could almost be anywhere on the island.

On 10/30/2018 at 6:41 PM, Alex_R-13 said:

https://imgur.com/a/d9q8x4P  

There are 2 fixed spawns I know of, this one in the screenshot and at the trunks. 

Got the Fer-De-Lance on my third try with this spot!!! I actually stepped on it before I saw it lol. Red markers are the two snake spawns and black paw print is where it was when I killed it. I was reloading a manual save to farm it. Now just need rainbow boa. 

https://imgur.com/a/8uwH0Sg

edit: just found it again there

Edited by olivetheturtle