Guarma Missable Animals list

EphemeralEcho

4 hours ago, RowdyHanger said:

Guy these are NOT needed for the Skin Deep trophy i just got it without any of the guarma snakes and one bird... Sorry

I just had macaw studies and not even skinned in my compendium.

Good news. I'm glad I did it anyway though) 

Just now, Erkawest said:

Were you confident that they weren't needed or why risk collecting all if they were needed?

Didn't want to read trophies or guide for first playthrough and i was confident they wouldn't make something like that missable with so many animals. Plus I was very close to all animals after squirrel quest so i figured why not try out for everyone :)

Just to let everyone know about the #Snake #Fer-De-Lance , i have been looking to ALL LOCATIONS i have seen on this thread, seen YouTube video locations, and there was NO SIGNAL of it... after giving up and going somewhere else in the Map, i managed to find it. WAY FAR FROM THOSE LOCATIONS. The known locations for this Snake are not EXCLUSIVE TO THAT SPOT IN PARTICULAR, where the other snakes Spawn near the logs. I have taken a Screenshot of it to Confirm my findings. I hope this helps others just in case they can't find the bloody snake and are having all this trouble just like i did.

Note: i spent the WHOLE DAY looking for this last Snake in particular...

@PowerPyx just tagging you in case you find this helpful too.

Cheers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrGEu6EX0AAaOeB.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrGEr3sWsAAFW9I.jpg

1 hour ago, IfritDevil said:

Just to let everyone know about the #Snake #Fer-De-Lance , i have been looking to ALL LOCATIONS i have seen on this thread, seen YouTube video locations, and there was NO SIGNAL of it... after giving up and going somewhere else in the Map, i managed to find it. WAY FAR FROM THOSE LOCATIONS. The known locations for this Snake are not EXCLUSIVE TO THAT SPOT IN PARTICULAR, where the other snakes Spawn near the logs. I have taken a Screenshot of it to Confirm my findings. I hope this helps others just in case they can't find the bloody snake and are having all this trouble just like i did.

Note: i spent the WHOLE DAY looking for this last Snake in particular...

@PowerPyx just tagging you in case you find this helpful too.

Cheers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrGEu6EX0AAaOeB.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrGEr3sWsAAFW9I.jpg

Did you read the post from RowdyHanger directly above yours? He confirmed skinning and analyzing animals on the island doesn't count.

39 minutes ago, simpjkee said:

Has the Fer De Lance been confirmed at Thieves Landing? Or is it just the one poster still who said he found it there?

You DON'T need any guarma animals for the trophy, and yeah you can find it there but it doesn't go towards trophy...

Edited by RowdyHanger

Just something I'd like to point out here. Whether the Guarma animals are needed or not, the Trophy progress is seperate from your  in game progress.

I'm in chapter 6, checked the Social Club Trophy tracker and both animal related Trophies were at 52% and 44%. I loaded a save file I have at the very beginning of Chapter 5 and checked Social Club again. The percentages were still at 52 and 44. SO, you could finish the game, skin/study everything and then reload to a previous save and pick up the remaining few animals and the Trophy would pop.

Your in game animal log would revert back to where your save file is, but the actual Trophy progress would not. So, as long as you have a save file from before Chapter 5, you'd be good.

I know it's looking like Guarma is not needed, but I just wanted to share anyways.

On 04/11/2018 at 10:16 PM, Richard919 said:

Just something I'd like to point out here. Whether the Guarma animals are needed or not, the Trophy progress is seperate from your  in game progress.

I'm in chapter 6, checked the Social Club Trophy tracker and both animal related Trophies were at 52% and 44%. I loaded a save file I have at the very beginning of Chapter 5 and checked Social Club again. The percentages were still at 52 and 44. SO, you could finish the game, skin/study everything and then reload to a previous save and pick up the remaining few animals and the Trophy would pop.

Your in game animal log would revert back to where your save file is, but the actual Trophy progress would not. So, as long as you have a save file from before Chapter 5, you'd be good.

I know it's looking like Guarma is not needed, but I just wanted to share anyways.

Edited by RowdyHanger

48 minutes ago, RowdyHanger said:

I didn't do them like multiple other people who have the trophy and guarma animals don't effect the trophy percentage like all the other animals do. I would say that's a bit more than just looking like it's not needed.

But did you need to catch the Carolina Parakeet? I caught all Guarma animals and didn't need this one

1 hour ago, Erkawest said:

But did you need to catch the Carolina Parakeet? I caught all Guarma animals and didn't need this one

Nah i didn't need that or legendary animals either 

1 hour ago, Erkawest said:

I did study one macaw on guarma like i said previously but i don't know if that changed anything, i would assume none of them are needed and the parakeet is part of a side quest or something i think to take them all out so that might be why it's not needed.

In theory if that pushed the counter forward (doing the guarma animals) wouldn't the people who did them have the study trophy 11 animals earlier than me or however many guarma animals there are? Instead of just everyone not needing the parakeet? Seems like it just isn't needed.

Could be wrong though.

Edited by RowdyHanger
  • Like 1