Guarma Missable Animals list

EphemeralEcho

I now have every animal from this list. Hopefully that's it, but I've made 3 manual saves in chapter 5 in-case it isn't and I'll be focusing on doing the animal skinning and research last, by then I'm guessing someone will have a good guide out there for every animal. Big thanks to @EphemeralEcho who really went out of his way to post these animals. I did find the Fer-De-Lance Snake in the same spot as @Nishiimiya posted here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67077-guarma-missable-animals-list/?page=4#comment-1706728, it just took a lot of attempts to do it but big thanks to you for showing it, that's the kind of help I am most happy with, when someone shows exactly where on the map it is. Eventually, how I found it was by walking around that area and holding :l2: to aim the rifle, it locked onto the snake while I was aiming, maybe this will help those who want to find it but can't see it. Every other snake did spawn at the logs, the location of the logs were shown here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67077-guarma-missable-animals-list/?page=2#comment-1706492 so special thanks to @klair88 for posting that. 

I used this method to locate any birds I needed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRS6IHkmX_g because standing on that roof gives you a good enough height to study the birds with your binoculars. For all we know, all these animals could be on the mainland, just because the animal is "native to Guarma" doesn't mean that it can't show up in other places, maybe one of these people has smuggled animals into America :D. At least now I can continue with story mode, but it kind of pisses me off how they'd put missable animals into the game, if they truly were missable. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex_R-13 said:

I made a manual save. When loading in, it spawns you either at the camp or a bit besides that. I then went to the trunk, checked the spawn, then the other spawn. If I had no luck I quickly scanned the area with aim assist and L3+R3 and if I still didn't find something, I reloaded from the manual save and rinse repeat.

For me the log spawn takes like 2-3 mins after dying. Ive been checking the 2nd spawn for the last 2 hours but nothing comes there

Thats the compendium + trophy list from the english guide, unfortunately the quality of the compendium isnt good but should be usable.

https://imgur.com/a/hzIiPU1 

No Parrot and Booby.

As i expected the fer de lance has a different name in germany but it is definitely on this list.

So that means that you have to at least clear the snakes from this area.

What @Sergen says could be true, native doesnt mean that they only appear in those areas.

Just sucks that the guide is such inaccurate at snakes.

Edited by KingTom95

2 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Am I doing this correctly?

1. Load save

2. Run to logs (no spawn, too early)

3. Run to 2nd spawn (empty)

4. Wait

5. Log spawns

6. Nothing

If nothing spawned at either spot, I ran into the red zone and let myself get killed by the guards, that resets the spawns. 

• Like 1

Lol wtf! I started up the PS4 (00:13 atm) just to try a final time with your yellow border trick.

I did exactly as I wrote above, but stood still at 2nd spawn spot when suddenly my L2 locked to the FDL snake. So patience was the key... thank you a lot @Alex_R-13 can finally get some sleep before work tomorrow

Lost a god damn day because of this snake

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 1

Thank you for the initiative @EphemeralEcho and the heavy foundation you built for us and the community to start working with. 

Happy to see that we all could contribute together and manage to finally solve the mystery of Guarma in the end. Couldn't have been solved without this amazing community!

Good luck with the hunts!

22 hours ago, EphemeralEcho said:

The ones I found that are endemic to the island are:

Parrots:

1. Blue & Yellow Macaw

2. Scarlet Macaw

3. Great Green Macaw 

Snakes

1. Sunglow Boa

2. Rainbow Boa

3. Red-tailed Boa

4. Fer-De-Lance Snake

Lizards 

1. Green Iguana 

Booby 

1. Red Footed Booby.

Crabs:

Cuban Land Crab 

Pigs (Might not be endemic)

China Pig 

Spotted Pig 

This thread blew up overnight, I see you updated this original post. Is this a final confirmed list of all the animals on the island? Going into it soon don’t want to miss anything.

Also is it just IDing them? Or skinning them all as well? I assume the compendium will tell me so but figure I’d ask.

Super appreciate you putting in the work. (^_^)b

6 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

This thread blew up overnight, I see you updated this original post. Is this a final confirmed list of all the animals on the island? Going into it soon don’t want to miss anything.

Also is it just IDing them? Or skinning them all as well? I assume the compendium will tell me so but figure I’d ask.

Super appreciate you putting in the work. (^_^)b

After researching all day with various wikis and official guides; no other animals could be exclusive to Guarma than these.

Guide should be final. 

31 minutes ago, klair88 said:

Here's the video I made. Hope it helps someone. 

thanks this is going to help a lot! Including what is mentioned above with holding the L2 button you should be able to target the snake quicker. around 6:15 you mention you missed it and that L2 holding should help!

37 minutes ago, klair88 said:

Here's the video I made. Hope it helps someone. 

Even after watching this guide I can't seem to find or get the sun glow boa to spawn. I found the Fer De Lance first by accident, then the other 2. But now I can't find any snakes. None spawn by the log for some reason even after death. I thought I'd struggle with the last snake more than the boa.

Just now, sepheroithisgod said:

Has anyone determined if it is possible to find any of the missable animals in a mission replay from chapter 5? I beat the game yesterday and was hoping to start going for 100%, but don't wanna invest the time if I'm screwed here.

It's not possible. Not during any of the missions are animals available except for maybe the Booby when you rescue Javier.

Snakes are impossible.

9 minutes ago, EphemeralEcho said:

It's not possible. Not during any of the missions are animals available except for maybe the Booby when you rescue Javier.

Snakes are impossible.

That's unfortunate if they are required. Guess I'll hold off until someone figures out if Guarma stuff counts for the trophies or not. It's definitely not a state, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is required. I have a save at Chapter 5 so it won't be too bad.

5 hours ago, KingfiShiZ said:

Also I started a List, would be nice to have a completed List (not the 64 from the Guide): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pH3jc_CagGZwxpHrZDAlkZBOw4SSe-Ina26WybRXHHY/edit#gid=0 - would be cool if others would help out

uL5xqIV.png

I added about 40, mostly birds! Definitely think we can get this filled out.

so is the OP a definitive list or no?  i made a save there right after the first mission and only ended the night after getting to c6, so if this list is guaranteed complete, i think i'll just go back tomorrow to it and grind these animals. 

do you also NEED 100% research on all the  animals?