Guarma Missable Animals list

EphemeralEcho

6 hours ago, EphemeralEcho said:

After researching all day with various wikis and official guides; no other animals could be exclusive to Guarma than these.

Guide should be final. 

Wait, so the Cuban Crab is missable? I swear I read somewhere it can be found elsewhere. If it can be gotten elsewhere, it might be worth removing it from the list.

The OP list also contains non-exclusive animals. The following are the ones you have to get in guarma:

Parrots:

1. Blue & Yellow Macaw

2. Scarlet Macaw

3. Great Green Macaw 

Snakes

1. Sunglow Boa

2. Rainbow Boa

3. Red-tailed Boa

4. Fer-De-Lance Snake

Booby 

1. Red Footed Booby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oako123 said:

Wait, so the Cuban Crab is missable? I swear I read somewhere it can be found elsewhere. If it can be gotten elsewhere, it might be worth removing it from the list.

The easiest way to find the Cuban Crab is either on Guarma (saw them a lot at beach side from the roof of shack) or if you go to the dead guy at the beach on mainland, who is holding a letter. When I went there, 2 crabs ran away from his body

1 hour ago, KingfiShiZ said:

Is this made by you? All is your data?

So, I've got one simple yet important question: Are you even sure you can't go back to Guarma after the story finishes? And are you sure those animals are even needed because Guarma doesn't counts as a "state"? And I think you only need to skin every species (e.g. one wolf or one badger) not every animal because the trophy talks about species. Did anyone ever tried those two things out?

I'm not far enough in the story to test it out myself yet but I will when I have the time. I'm in ch 4 and some animals can only be hunted near Blackwater so you have to finish the story first. But I'll test it out if nobody else did it by that time.

2 minutes ago, SirEricLPer said:

I dont know if I have missed it in this thread, but are these animals actually required for a trophy ( in other words: Do they count towards the 100%).

Or are you guys just getting them to be safe, before someone finds out? :)

Not needed fo 100% completion, but possibly for the Skin Deep and Zoologist trophies.

13 minutes ago, Vanyar1 said:

So, I've got one simple yet important question: Are you even sure you can't go back to Guarma after the story finishes? And are you sure those animals are even needed because Guarma doesn't counts as a "state"? And I think you only need to skin every species (e.g. one wolf or one badger) not every animal because the trophy talks about species. Did anyone ever tried those two things out?

I'm not far enough in the story to test it out myself yet but I will when I have the time. I'm in ch 4 and some animals can only be hunted near Blackwater so you have to finish the story first. But I'll test it out if nobody else did it by that time.

I think somebody posted on another site that he did some calculations and says you need every animal in the compendium. 

You can probably check it yourself if you check your % at Rockstars Red Dead Redemption 2 social club, then count how many you have actually found (check both for study and skin separately). I haven't done it myself yet but doing this, you will know if you need all 178 or less

About the American Robin, I don't know if there are multiple variants but apparently Hunting Request 3 asks you to bring back a Robin carcass, so it probably is at mainland

Edited by Erkawest

I'm glad I'm just playing and enjoying the game. I like trophy hunting as well, but I don't let it interfere with enjoying the game.
I kinda feel bad for some people here. Just w8 a couple of days, maybe a week or 2 and everything will be cleared out. Everybody is just guessing around atm.

Anyway thx for doing all of this so I can just do it afterwards.

1 minute ago, Bunkerbudy said:

I kinda feel bad for some people here. Just w8 a couple of days, maybe a week or 2 and everything will be cleared out. Everybody is just guessing around atm.

Yes, but nothing is going to happen unless somebody does the work. And the many of us decided to contribute our parts to the problem

If everybody waited for somebody else then it would never be solved. Everything is discovered by the few people who decide to spend hours finding solutions

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

I think somebody posted on another site that he did some calculations and says you need every animal in the compendium. 

You can probably check it yourself if you check your % at Rockstars Red Dead Redemption 2 social club, then count how many you have actually found (check both for study and skin separately). I haven't done it myself yet but doing this, you will know if you need all 178 or less

I did check my percentage at social club that's why I think that I'm right. I'm at 42% for Skin Deep and 36% for Zoologist and I only have encountered 75 of 178 animals. I didn't scan every animal and I didn't skin every animal.

I'm also wondering why those two percentages are so different. Especially because I scanned more animals than I skinned.

But I will try it out. I'll keep a safe in ch 5 on Guarma and will then rush through the story to hunt the animals near Blackwater.

Edited by Vanyar1

1 hour ago, Erkawest said:

The easiest way to find the Cuban Crab is either on Guarma (saw them a lot at beach side from the roof of shack) or if you go to the dead guy at the beach on mainland, who is holding a letter. When I went there, 2 crabs ran away from his body

Is this made by you? All is your data?

yes

3 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Yes, but nothing is going to happen unless somebody does the work. And the many of us decided to contribute our parts to the problem

If everybody waited for somebody else then it would never be solved. Everything is discovered by the few people who decide to spend hours finding solutions

Yeah, I know its needed. Thats why I still thanked u guys for doing this. "Anyway thx for doing all of this".

But you could also be dealing with this on a second playtrough or something. It feels like a lot of people just stop playing until there is a solution, ruining there game a bit so that they can complete and stop playing this game ASAP. Wich I find weird, but thats my opinion.

9 minutes ago, KingfiShiZ said:

yes

Nice map!

Do you think you could make a new map or add in animal locations? This one will probably take a lot of time and work but maybe we could create a new thread together to compile the full list with out findings. I was planning to create one but a map like yours could maybe be easier

8 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

Yeah, I know its needed. Thats why I still thanked u guys for doing this. "Anyway thx for doing all of this".

But you could also be dealing with this on a second playtrough or something. It feels like a lot of people just stop playing until there is a solution, ruining there game a bit so that they can complete and stop playing this game ASAP. Wich I find weird, but thats my opinion.

I lost like 2 gaming days because of chapter 5, it was really frustrating... But happy that it paid off in the end. Although it was fun to be a part of the community team searching for it. But it would suck if it turns out it wasn't needed lol, but you never know!

13 minutes ago, Vanyar1 said:

I did check my percentage at social club that's why I think that I'm right. I'm at 42% for Skin Deep and 36% for Zoologist and I only have encountered 75 of 178 animals. I didn't scan every animal and I didn't skin every animal.

I'm also wondering why those two percentages are so different. Especially because I scanned more animals than I skinned.

But I will try it out. I'll keep a safe in ch 5 on Guarma and will then rush through the story to hunt the animals near Blackwater.

Could you post your numbers you have skinned and studied?

Edited by Erkawest

1 hour ago, Alex_R-13 said:

The OP list also contains non-exclusive animals. The following are the ones you have to get in guarma:

Parrots:

1. Blue & Yellow Macaw

2. Scarlet Macaw

3. Great Green Macaw 

Snakes

1. Sunglow Boa

2. Rainbow Boa

3. Red-tailed Boa

4. Fer-De-Lance Snake

Booby 

1. Red Footed Booby.

So this is the complete confirmed list of animals I should get on the Island?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Erkawest said:

Could you post your numbers you have skinned and studied?

If I didn't miscount (and the infos on the social club are correct) I skinned 34 animals. Small birds, squirrels and other small animals are being "collected" (I've got 3 of them) while some of the bigger birds are "plucked" (got 1 of them). I also counted that 14 of my 72 animals don't have a "skinned" or anything similar in their infos (dogs and chickens). I don't know which ones of these count towards the Skin Deep trophy but I would assume that only the first ones that really say "skinned" count.

I studied 57 (without legendary ones) or 60 (with legendary ones). The legendary ones don't have a "studied" so I don't know if they count. But none of those two numbers would get me to 36% for the trophy if all 178 are needed ?

Edited by Vanyar1

11 minutes ago, Vanyar1 said:

If I didn't miscount (and the infos on the social club are correct) I skinned 34 animals. Small birds and quirrels are being "collected" (I've got 3 of them) while some of the bigger birds are "plucked" (got 1 of them). I also counted that 14 of my 72 animals don't have a "skinned" or anything similar in their infos (dogs and chickens). I don't know which ones of these count towards the Skin Deep trophy but I would assume that only the first ones count.

I studied 57 (without legendary ones) or 60 (with legendary ones). The legendary ones don't have a "studied" so I don't know if they count. But none of those two numbers would get me to 36% for the trophy if all 178 are needed ?

I doubt animals like pigs that don't have a skinned progression in the compendium count towards the Skin Deep trophy.

1 hour ago, Vanyar1 said:

If I didn't miscount (and the infos on the social club are correct) I skinned 34 animals. Small birds are being "collected" (I've got 3 of them) while some of the bigger birds are "plucked" (got 1 of them). I also counted that 14 of my 75 animals don't have a "skinned" or anything similar in their infos (dogs and chickens). I don't know which ones of these count towards the Skin Deep trophy but I would assume that only the first ones count.

I studied 57 (without legendary ones) or 60 (with legendary ones). The legendary ones don't have a "studied" so I don't know if they count. But none of those two numbers would get me to 36% for the trophy ?

I have 90 studied. Trophy progress at 55%. If you substract 15 legendaries out of 178 animals you get 90/163, which is 55,2%. Seems about right

My progress for skin deep is 66%. 15 out of my 97/178 can't be skinned and 4 I didn't skin or collect. That probably means that 78 animals are 66%. I'll try to check if legendary counts. And also need to "collect" something to check if it is skinning.

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

I have 90 studied. Trophy progress at 55%. If you substract 15 legendaries out of 178 animals you get 90/163, which is 55,2%. Seems about right

My progress for skin deep is 66%. 15 out of my 97/178 can't be skinned and 4 I didn't skin or collect. That probably means that 78 animals are 66%. I'll try to check if legendary counts. And also need to "collect" something to check if it is skinning.

Great numbers, I guess that this confirms that all the Guarma animals are needed for study.

The only problem with skinning is that we dont know how many animals can be skinned, so 178 isn't a correct number for the total in skinning. You are saying that you skinned 78 animals and it shows 66%? That means that the total amount of skinning is 118

So do we have the numbers? Based on your figures

Amount of animals to study: 163  [90/163 = 55,2 %] (15 legendary animals subtracted from the total)

Amount of animals to skin: 118  [78/118 = 66%] (103 normal animals and 15 legendary?)

Edited by Erkawest

14 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Great numbers, I guess that this confirms that all the Guarma animals are needed for study.

The only problem with skinning is that we dont know how many animals can be skinned, so 178 isn't a correct number for the total in skinning. You are saying that you skinned 78 animals and it shows 66%? That means that the total amount of skinning is 118

So do we have the numbers? Based on your figures

Amount of animals to study: 163  [90/163 = 55,2 %]

Amount of animals to skin: 118  [78/118 = 66%]

If I take 163 animals for study, I get near 36% (maybe I miscounted a bit) so that seems to be right.

But the other one can't be right. I have 34 skinned, 3 collected and 1 pulked (I recounted two times). 42% percentage for the trophy. Neither 34 nor 38 would get me to 42%.

Edited by Vanyar1