I've only just started to explore this, the enemies do prove to be a nuisance.  So my question really is, best weapon to have as well as things like armour and the likes? Just to make it a bit more manageable.  I do have to teleporter locations available as well, the one near the teleport between castles, then the other one in the castle walls in particular (as well as the odd save room as well).

The weapon I have right now is the Damascas sword (or however you spell it), using that, dealing about 38-40 damage, with I think, the spike break armour on, and the dragon helm.  But I feel I could do better so this map does not frustrate me.

The big open outside room right out of the throne room at the beginning of the Inverted Castle. Turn into bat form and fly to the upper right portion of the map against the wall, and attack the wall under a platform and you will get the Dawn Sword. Its useful it summons dawn warrior mobs to fight for you, and is also needed for a trophy anyway.

Edited by nazareth357

1 minute ago, nazareth357 said:

The big open outside room right out of the throne room at the beginning of the Inverted Castle. Turn into bat form and fly to the upper left portion of the map against the wall, and attack the wall under a platform and you will get the Dawn Sword. Its useful it summons dawn warrior mobs to fight for you, and is also needed for a trophy anyway.

Secret room? If so, will said secret room also be in the normal map as well in the same spot? Just want to make sure is all xD

@rdhight As yes, the good old Game FAQs.  I had been using the at first to figure out where I was suppose to go at one point actually.  As well as to check the map again.

21 minutes ago, nazareth357 said:

It is not a secret room just a break in the wall, like in the old games where you get secret health and heart items. 

Yeah, I found it, good damage as well.  Not sure how it summons the warriors yet... but I'll figure it out eventually.  Though not sure how to deal with those tombstone enemies yet.

Get yourself to the Library (where the shopkeeper sits in the normal castle) as fast as possible. There is an enemy there named Schmoo who drops Crissaegrim. This sword is your one way ticket to easy mode. It's also needed for a trophy. I found the easiest place to farm them is by finding a room transition where you can jump back and forth killing one quickly [I can't remember where exactly on the map; but if you entered the room from the right there was a single Lion enemy and a lone Schmoo; do a short hop and slice the Schmoo then jump back right and repeat]. It may take 10-15 minutes but you will be very happy afterwards. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Wuginator said:

Get yourself to the Library (where the shopkeeper sits in the normal castle) as fast as possible. There is an enemy there named Schmoo who drops Crissaegrim. This sword is your one way ticket to easy mode. It's also needed for a trophy. I found the easiest place to farm them is by finding a room transition where you can jump back and forth killing one quickly [I can't remember where exactly on the map; but if you entered the room from the right there was a single Lion enemy and a lone Schmoo; do a short hop and slice the Schmoo then jump back right and repeat]. It may take 10-15 minutes but you will be very happy afterwards. 

This. Crissaegrim is disgusting. Arguably the best weapon in the game.

Crissaegrim is the best weapon hands down but another favourite of mine was the Marsil, forget who drops it though, it's been a long time since I played. It's special is a giant fireball that is good against mobs of floating enemies like imps and those sometime invisible butterflies. Most weapons with specials the specials are done by doing a street fighter fireball motion (Down-Down Forward-Forward) then hitting the attack button the weapon is assigned to. I think the Sword of Dawn is a half circle.

51 minutes ago, Wuginator said:

Ah, I know those enemies, I have been through the library in the inverted castle.  But good to know they drop the weapon in question.

In general, anyone know the best armour to use and things like that so I don't take as much damage? I tried to head through the Marble Gallery I think it's called, but those floor traps... so much damage they do to me at the moment.

31 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah, I know those enemies, I have been through the library in the inverted castle.  But good to know they drop the weapon in question.

In general, anyone know the best armour to use and things like that so I don't take as much damage? I tried to head through the Marble Gallery I think it's called, but those floor traps... so much damage they do to me at the moment.

Traps will generally do tremendous damage no matter the armor as per usual for Castlevania, but as far as normal enemies most of the damage can be mitigated by Alucard Armor which has high elemental resist once you find it, or the walk armor depending on how much of the map you have filled out. Also in the inverted castle caverns there are cave trolls who have a chance to drop an accesory that gives you +15 defense, get two of them to drop and you get a nice +30 to defense.

1 hour ago, nazareth357 said:

Traps will generally do tremendous damage no matter the armor as per usual for Castlevania, but as far as normal enemies most of the damage can be mitigated by Alucard Armor which has high elemental resist once you find it, or the walk armor depending on how much of the map you have filled out. Also in the inverted castle caverns there are cave trolls who have a chance to drop an accesory that gives you +15 defense, get two of them to drop and you get a nice +30 to defense.

Ah, didn't realize they would regardless.  The enemies in there aren't tough at all... just so much going on on screen is all xD

But yeah, next time I'm on the game, I think I will try and get the Crissaegrim weapon to drop, since I know which enemies you're talking about.  Saw them in the library when I was filling out that part of the map :)

No doubt crissaegrim is awesome, it dont have the highest attack value but compensate with speed, but I would recomend the Shield Rod + Alucard Shield combo (hold shield and press attack twice, then hit the enemies with shield) it is a killer move, even Galamoth, the strongest boss in the game is history in a few seconds and it also recovers your HP making Alucard almost invecible.

Shield rod you probably already have and Alucard Shield is located in Reverse Caverns at the last room to the right, close to Reverse Entrance

Edited by Raidiegonovitch