Red Dead Redemption 2 master hunter question

Deluziion90

For the challange master hunter 4 you need the following:
(source:http://www.gamersheroes.com/game-guides/red-dead-redemption-2-master-hunter-challenge-guide/)

"Master Hunter 4
For this one you need to call an animal and get a clean kill. My suggestion here is a scoped bolt action rifle, but you can pull it off with a bow if you are close enough. When you are aimed at the animal you want to kill, press the call button and it will pop its head up. At this point either take the headshot or use Dead eye to make sure you don’t miss. If it takes more than one shot, it isn’t a clean kill. If you have the Rolling Block sniper rifle, slap some cover scent lotion on and find some deer."

I'm a little bit confused by the actual call button. Do they mean I have to press up on the D-pad and shoot the animal in 1 hit dead including a 3 star? As currently pressing up just means calling for your horse

Something else when it comes to clean killing though..

Just read this at powerpyx guide:

"Summing up: you have one luck-based factor being the animal’s condition it spawns in (1-3 stars). Then you must know what weapon to kill it with (pointed out in guide) and then you have a skill-based factor of having to kill it in a clean shot. If you don’t kill it in one shot it’s too late, the carcass won’t be perfect condition and you can look for a new animal (and wait to get lucky for another 3-star one to spawn). Expect this to take up 20 hours (or more) for all 5 hunting requests, depending on luck and your skill."

this game is getting more crazy for a platinum by the day again a 20+~ hours added