Winter 2018/2019 Backlog Challenge

Mission 100%: Winter 2018/2019 Backlog Challenge

Special thanks to @damon8r351 and @colinmazzini for their parts in hosting the challenge!

Before I get on to the rules, I want to announce that I have decided to officially step down at the end of the winter challenge. @MidnightDragon will be taking over the challenge once the signups start in early February Thanks to everyone who has participated so far and will participate in the challenges to come.

If you're like me, you've got an insanely large backlog and have no good reason you keep putting it off and watching it grow. Why not do something about it? Like previous backlog challenges, this event is a challenge to the community to select between 5 and 20 games from your backlog and complete them to 100% starting 00:01 AM EST December 1 and ending at 23:59 US EST on February 28. If you complete the maximum of 20 before the end of the challenge, you can add up to 5 more games for a total of 25.

Now, here are the details and rules. 

• Event Philosophy: This is a firm commitment to complete the games you say you will within the time limit, so choose games you know you can finish, and select a manageable number. The minimum for the event is 5 games, and the maximum is 15. If you finish 15 games, you can add up to five more. Otherwise, you're limited to 15. Once the event begins, the list is locked in. You can change your games as much as you want until 23:59 EST on December 9. If you want to add more games to your list or want to continue after finishing your list, you can add games to your list up to a maximum of 15. The object is not to just earn the platinum as applicable, but to reach 100% trophy completion for it. DLC is included and you will have to complete any new DLC that's released during the challenge. If you don't like DLC, don't put a game with it on your list. You can start late if you want, but you will be committed to whatever you put on your list. 
  • Eligible Games: Any game with trophies are eligible for the event, with a few exceptions. One game can have a completion percentage of up to 25%, but the rest must be 20% or under. Unplayed games and 0% games are fine as long as they're part of your backlog. Standalone DLC (like Uncharted: The Lost Legacy) is acceptable as long as it's not part of another trophy list. If it is (Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare for example), you have to also complete the other trophies. You can also do a game where 100% is unobtainable if you feel strongly about it, but you must complete all obtainable trophies. Individual episodes of a game that has separate trophy lists, such as in early Telltale games or Broken Sword on the Vita, count as a single game; therefore, Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse counts as 1 game, not 5. For this event, you may complete a game you have previously done for a different platform or region before the start of this event, but you may not do the same game multiple times during this event. Cross-saving a game for an easy completion will also be ineligible.
  • Eligible Participants: Anyone is eligible to participate, provided you are serious about completing the games you say will. However, if you have flagged games on your PSNProfile, you are banned from participating unless you hide the games, get unflagged, or use a different profile. No cheating!

Participant list

Edited by ShadowStar83x
  • Like 3

I’m in.

Have to update my list later on once i know what’s left.

Monster Hunter world should pretty much be guaranteed, Unless i decide to do Star Wars Battlefront 2

Also Thanks for beeing the host for this long

List:

Human Fall Flat 100%

Middle Earth: Shadow of War 100%

Unravel 2 100%

Jak and Daxter (PS Vita) *No Debug usage* 100%

Star Wars Battlefront 2 100% (2nd Fastest)

Monster Hunter: World 100%

Okami HD 100%

Edited by OJ9999vr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

Fun fact: I stole this idea from Sinriell.

Well, he's never said anything to me! :P 

3 hours ago, REM12 said:

Im new to these kind of challenges, is this to motivate clearing backlogs or theres something else to it?

Yeah, mostly just for fun. There's no penalty for not finishing or anything.

3 hours ago, ResoluteRock said:

Sounds fun, I'll update with a list later. :)

List so far:

1. God of War: Ghost of Sparta

2. God of War: Ascension

3. Spider-Man

4. Far Cry 3

5. Far Cry 4

6. Homefront: The Revolution

7. Plants vs. Zombies 2: Garden Warfare 2

Congrats on being the first person to enter!

2 hours ago, OJ9999vr said:

I’m in.

Have to update my list later on once i know what’s left.

Monster Hunter world should pretty much be guaranteed, Unless i decide to do Star Wars Battlefront 2

Also Thanks for beeing the host for this long

No problem. @MidnightDragon was originally going to take over now, but then we thought at the time she'd be too busy with RDR II. Well, she changed her mind about it, but we decided to go ahead and wait until spring for her to begin. And I'll add you once you post your list.

I'll sign up with 5 games (changed from 10 on 11/30).  None of these are on my profile, but I do own them all currently. May have to change the list if I start games before the event, but I'll try not to.

Changing my list (11/30):

Atelier Shallie Plus (19% Currently)

Fe

Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star

Hyperdimension Neptunia

The Girl and the Robot

Edited by eigen-space

20 hours ago, eigen-space said:

I'll sign up with 10 games.  None of these are on my profile, but I do own them all currently. May have to change the list if I start games before the event, but I'll try not to.

2064: Read Only Memories

Asemblance

Beyond Eyes

Fe

Grim Fandango Remastered

Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2

Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent

The Girl and the Robot

Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story

All good. Added.

Please sign me up for this as well! Below is my tentative list. Many of these games I also have on lists for other community events so I will likely have to change some of the out before this event starts in December.

1. Nurse Love Addiction

2. Daganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

3. Muv-Luv

4. Muv-Luv Alternate

5. Steins;Gate 0 (Vita)

6. Chaos Child (Vita)

7. Stacking + Hobo King DLC

8. The Walking Dead (PS3)

9. Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit

10. Remember Me

11. Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

12. King's Quest: The Complete Collection (PS4)

13. Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3)

14. The Wolf Among Us (PS3)

15. Persona 5

I do have a quick question though: Is the max number of games to start with 15 or 20? Both are listed in the opening post.

27 minutes ago, InfinateEternity said:

Please sign me up for this as well! Below is my tentative list. Many of these games I also have on lists for other community events so I will likely have to change some of the out before this event starts in December.

1. Nurse Love Addiction

2. Daganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

3. Muv-Luv

4. Muv-Luv Alternate

5. Steins;Gate 0 (Vita)

6. Chaos Child (Vita)

7. Stacking + Hobo King DLC

8. The Walking Dead (PS3)

9. Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit

10. Remember Me

11. Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

12. King's Quest: The Complete Collection (PS4)

13. Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3)

14. The Wolf Among Us (PS3)

15. Persona 5

I do have a quick question though: Is the max number of games to start with 15 or 20? Both are listed in the opening post.

Added. The max is 15 for starters. If you finish all 15, you can add 5 more. 

Edited by Waddle Dee
  • Like 1

Want to try join my first event with this humble list.

God of war

God of war 2

God of war 3 remastered

God of war chains of olympus

God of war ghost of sparta

God of war ascension

Assassin's creed brotherhood

Assassin's creed revelations

Time machine vr

Here they lie

Star wars the clone wars republic heroes

Edit:

Adding sly 3 and 4 aswell

Only two of them are on my profile, but I own them all. Goodbye social life this winter ?

Edited by Fuuzect98

51 minutes ago, Fuuzect98 said:

Want to try join my first event with this humble list.

God of war

God of war 2

God of war 3 remastered

God of war chains of olympus

God of war ghost of sparta

God of war ascension

Assassin's creed brotherhood

Assassin's creed revelations

Time machine vr

Here they lie

Star wars the clone wars republic heroes

Only two of them are on my profile, but I own them all. Goodbye social life this winter.

Added.

I'll try this out as well now, first time for it.

Batman: AC - Not missing much, mostly collectables, challenges & DLC

The Amazing Spider-Man

Mercernaries 2

AC: Origins

Mafia 3

Gonna try to see how much time I can get away from RDR2, I really feel like doing these really soon though, as the 4 of the games are amazing and quite good, which would be cool to finally get done. :)

8 hours ago, DWades said:

I'll try this out as well now, first time for it.

Batman: AC - Not missing much, mostly collectables, challenges & DLC

The Amazing Spider-Man

Mercernaries 2

AC: Origins

Mafia 3

Gonna try to see how much time I can get away from RDR2, I really feel like doing these really soon though, as the 4 of the games are amazing and quite good, which would be cool to finally get done. :)

Added.

OK, let's see how far I get this time.

Overcooked 2

Spyro the Dragon

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

Sly Minigames

Vampyr

We Happy Few

The Wolf Among Us

There's a reason I left off Spyro 3. Don't worry about it. :P

Edited by MidnightDragon