Free Spider-Man Avatar for platinuming the game

Valyrious

Not for me, i'm still waiting for the Bloodborne and Horizon stuff... and now this is added to the list.

Sony only bothers sending me "BUY THIS!" "BUY THAT" and i have the "send me emails" box ticked in my options.

Also, i heard many people are getting this email with blank code so they can't claim it.

Edited by SnizelPS
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Just got the email from Playstation. Shame it isn't a dynamic theme like when platinuming Bloodborne, but free is free.

kSED6F5.png

Did you get it right after platinum or how much time after? i got the platinum at launch almost a month ago and no code on email.

EDIT: nevermind just checked my email. Though it's indeed BLANK, no code so can't redeem. Well, this sucks.

Edited by linkdevivo

Nothing for me but as a European I wasn’t expecting anything anyway lol. Shame cause it’s a really nice avatar.

I did read a response that said they’re sending them out in batches, so maybe the rest of us will still get lucky. But I got my plat a while ago and my friend who got the email platted it fairly recently.

Edited by Charizarzar

3 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

Did you get it right after platinum or how much time after? i got the platinum at launch almost a month ago and no code on email.

EDIT: nevermind just checked my email. Though it's indeed BLANK, no code so can't redeem. Well, this sucks.

same mine is blank

• Like 2

9 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

Platted the game last month. When I got the email, I posted the thread.

11 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Just got the email from Playstation. Shame it isn't a dynamic theme like when platinuming Bloodborne, but free is free.

kSED6F5.png

Does it only count for recent plats? I plat mines weeks ago. I would love to change out my Aloy avatar to this. Are there any other games that give plat avatars?

nvm checked email. blank code. gg Sony. 

49 minutes ago, Godwulf_MTL said:

Got the email yesterday and it was blank, they sent another one an hour later, this time with the the code.

Yep, same. Got two emails. One with code :D 

I got the e-mail yesterday, platted the game on September 25th. Was excited to see it, until I noticed that the code was blank, as many others have been. Still haven't gotten one with a code (the original came in 21 hours ago).

Honestly, it's really cool that they're doing stuff like this, but why can't they just have it be a message on your Playstation Account? The e-mail thing seems to just be adding more ways for things to go wrong (blank codes, e-mail routed to spam, etc.).

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently the second one did come in an hour later, but I didn't see it because I guess I'm just not used to the way Gmail sorts some things. For anyone else using Gmail, if you're only seeing the e-mail with the blank code, try scrolling past that one, and the other e-mail might be below. Gmail is treating them as the same conversation or thread, rather than separate e-mails.

Edited by CLef86
Found the second e-mail

23 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

I have never gotten an email from playstation. Only if I buy something but nothing for special deals. And yes the box is checked for receiving emails

I changed my email to something like google and started getting emails again after 6months. I dont know did my old email block them or something.

11 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

What is the email adress that you get your mails from for deals from sony? Maybe I can see if I accidentally blocked it

They come from PlayStation <[email protected]>.

For what it's worth, back when I used my att.net e-mail address (powered by Yahoo), I would constantly have issues with e-mails from some forums and other things not being able reach me. They wouldn't even go into the spam folder, either. They just never got there. Haven't had that issue with gmail, though I'm still confused sometimes by the way it sorts the inbox.

Edited by CLef86

7 hours ago, Viper said:

Platted the game 6 days after launch, and nothing. I never got anything for Horizon either. 

As far as I know the horizon theme was made free for all (EU). I have it and I’ve never played horizon. It was just sitting in the store as a free them. It has a big platinum trophy on the theme

It seems I don't have that adress blocked. It is the only adress I don't get anything from

2 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

As far as I know the horizon theme was made free for all (EU). I have it and I’ve never played horizon. It was just sitting in the store as a free them. It has a big platinum trophy on the theme

Just checked it in my store and I can't claim it because I don't have the Horizon Zero Dawn™ Platina theme

18 hours ago, x7eight said:

Anybody else stop receiving the PlayStation emails for about a month now?  Eu region.

Yes, but I'm in the US.

I've gone through a bit of a battle with PlayStation over this whole E-Mail thing. Back in 2014, E-Mails were given out with $10 PSN Card codes in them...a ton of people on PST got them, and sure enough I didn't. So finally I called them up about it, as my box was ticked to receive these E-Mails yet I never got anything...apparently on their end, it was saying my E-Mails were disabled, even though I was looking right at a ticked box while I was talking to them...but they assured me it fixed at that point. Fast forward to early last year, and people were getting E-Mails for discount codes...and I had realized at that point, that regardless of that convo I had 3 years prior...I still never got E-Mails. So I called them up again...but they told me everything was fine on their end. But I started receiving their weekly E-Mails.

However over the last month/month and a half or so I've noticed they've stopped, and while I was receiving those I still never got anything that actually had something useful in it. One of these days, I'm going to call them back up and not be so damn nice about it. There's obviously a reason, I...and other people...are always left out of the loop, and a decent answer would go a long way.