Free Spider-Man Avatar for platinuming the game

Valyrious

On 10/30/2018 at 4:32 PM, SnizelPS said:

Not for me, i'm still waiting for the Bloodborne and Horizon stuff... and now this is added to the list.

Sony only bothers sending me "BUY THIS!" "BUY THAT" and i have the "send me emails" box ticked in my options.

Also, i heard many people are getting this email with blank code so they can't claim it.

Horizon zero dawn had stuff for platting it? what were they?

2 hours ago, Ariost said:

Put me down for another blank one, been days and no new email with code. 

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/corporate/contactus/

Follow link —> live chat in US —> digital content —> voucher —> contact us

This will put you in a chat room with a PlayStation customer support employee. I just did this and he game me a code only after asking my real name. Took less than 5 minutes.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, MisterPee said:

This will put you in a chat room with a PlayStation customer support employee. I just did this and he game me a code only after asking my real name. Took less than 5 minutes.

If you never got an email at all, you live in the US, and you platted the game six days after launch, can you still do this to request a code?

1 hour ago, Pirelli913 said:

If you never got an email at all, you live in the US, and you platted the game six days after launch, can you still do this to request a code?

Yes absolutely. Just follow the steps I provided then the directions on the site. This isn’t available 24/7 however. The hours you can do this are shown right by the “chat live in US” option you need to choose. Hope this helps. 

• Like 3

On 10/31/2018 at 4:45 AM, Viper said:

Platted the game 6 days after launch, and nothing. I never got anything for Horizon either. 

I never got the Horizon theme, but I got this.

It's just super glitchy and crap I think. I remember people saying they didn't plat Horizon and they got the theme... :/ I remember I got an email that mentioned my trophy progress and it said I still had a few to earn, and this was months after I platted the game.

You'd think Sony could do this stuff better. edit; oh and I did get the blank email as well, but got the follow up with a code

On 10/31/2018 at 8:51 PM, wackt1 said:

Horizon zero dawn had stuff for platting it? what were they?

A theme as I recall, but I don't know if there was anything else since I never got mine :P

Edited by Elvick_

13 hours ago, MisterPee said:

Yes absolutely. Just follow the steps I provided then the directions on the site. This isn’t available 24/7 however. The hours you can do this are shown right by the “chat live in US” option you need to choose. Hope this helps. 

Thanks. Worked like a charm. Took like five minutes from start to finish. I now have a new avatar, though I like the white spider on red background, too.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2018 at 10:54 AM, MisterPee said:

Thanks for this, it's 1am right now, so I'll check this out tomorrow. I'll even see if they can get me that Horizon Theme/Avatar even though I platted it about a year and a half ago lol,

• Like 1

And for whatever reason I can't use the Live chat...I just get this message every time. 

Back again so soon? Unfortunately, our Chat support has not been effective for you. If you would like to try our phone support, please call (800) 345-7669. Monday through Friday, 6AM - 6PM PST

I can't even remember the last time I used their live chat. 

This thread made me realize that Playstation actually bothers to email you for getting platinum trophies for their games. I couldn't find an email for Bloodborne or Horizon but I did find one for Battlefield 1 and God of War 3 remastered. No rewards sadly. For those who are getting a blank code, search "platinum trophy" in your email pile. I got two emails for Spider Man; one was blank while the other had the code. So search around and see if you get another one. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Hi everyone, I have a simple question which is connected to this post, so I ask here. Are the avatars for the platinums work both for digital and physical versions or only digital? (Still have to play HZD or Spider-man lol but I am very interested in this issue) thanks for the answers ?

Edited by djippps

7 hours ago, djippps said:

Hi everyone, I have a simple question which is connected to this post, so I ask here. Are the avatars for the platinums work both for digital and physical versions or only digital? (Still have to play HZD or Spider-man lol but I am very interested in this issue) thanks for the answers 1f642.png

I can't say for sure, but I would assume it would work with either version, since they share the same trophy list. For Spider-Man, I played the Digital version. Perhaps someone who's played the Physical can confirm if they got the reward.

• Like 1

I never get anything from Sony except their receipt. (including $15 bonus promotion but they also sent the code via notification on my PS4 so i still got it) and I have tick both boxes.

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Missing-Platinum-Trophy-Reward?language=en_US

I googling around but no solid solution how to solve this.

Edited by FielVeredus

On 11/9/2018 at 1:57 PM, CLef86 said:

I can't say for sure, but I would assume it would work with either version, since they share the same trophy list. For Spider-Man, I played the Digital version. Perhaps someone who's played the Physical can confirm if they got the reward.

I played the physical standard version and the physical collector's edition version.