No platinum trophy?

Kariodude

It's not difficult to make a semi decent trophy list so how developers swing and miss so hard sometimes is utterly baffling!

Especially in a game like Hitman, where there's so many different and creative ways to play the game, it's the perfect game for trophies.

Very bizzare decision and will no doubt affect the sales even if it is marginal.

Just now, Happy said:

I remember having this exact thread for the last game as well.

The last game released episodically so the levels were technically DLC. This is releasing as a full game. It's a baffling decision.

• Like 4

I figured that since Hitman 2 moved away from the episodic nature of the first game, it would get a platnum trophy this time, but I guess not. Kind of baffling how there are 14 DLC packs on day one. Honestly, I don't really even mind that there's no platinum, I'm just confused as to what exactly is included in the base game...

• Like 3

I can't believe they pulled this crap again. The game is launching as a complete product this time and they still didn't give it a Plat. There is no reason they couldn't have all of the new locations as a single list with a Plat and then have the Hitman 1 locations as DLC lists since you only get them if you own the first game anyway. And what they heck is up with the base game trophy list being the same as the first game? Really quite upset with this list even if there are 118 in total.

• Like 3

I'm kinda happy it doesn't have a platinum, the game is episodic (every episode available at launch) so I see where IO is going.

Don't let the trophy list turn you off the game, you will be missing a lot.

The only bad part is doing Hitman 2016 100% all over again, I like the game but I already replayed every mission to hell with every challenges completed

You are looking at a game that will take 200 hours or more to get the 100 %, mark my words.

• Like 2

You would have thought with this game not being episodic like the first they would've put a Platinum in. But nooooo.

I bet someone was like "hmmm they want a Platinum huh? Well *does math* 118 trophies and no Platinum sounds better!"

My question is how did Sony allow a game to have 14 sets of DLC trophies before the game is even out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

You would have thought with this game not being episodic like the first they would've put a Platinum in. But nooooo.

I bet someone was like "hmmm they want a Platinum huh? Well *does math* 118 trophies and no Platinum sounds better!"

My question is how did Sony allow a game to have 14 sets of DLC trophies before the game is even out.

It's because Sony doesn't care about the trophy system and they have zero Quality Control where trophies are concerned, thus most devs get away with murder (metaphorically speaking).

• Like 1