No platinum trophy?

Kariodude

6 minutes ago, GameOverComesAll said:

You're quite far from being the voice of reason.

I never asked to be the voice of reason. I'm just another guy sharing his opinions.

People getting this irritated over a game with no platinum is quite depressing. I suppose they are the same people who just go for the platinum in DRIVECLUB but will ignore all the DLC that came with it. If you enjoy a game then it shouldn't bother you at all if there's any DLC or not, platinum or no platinum.

Playing a number's game is not the way to do it, but apparently that's all a lot of trophy hunters care about even though I will argue that going after numbers is entirely meaningless, as Kaiser properly made in his post.

5 minutes ago, ryan32289 said:

Annnd I just cancelled my collectors edition, giving me back my full refund while IO loses out on a potential payload. Hopefully, a lot more will follow suit.

Are platinums all you care about?

You must feel pretty miserable if a game you were looking forward to playing has an unobtainable platinum due to servers being shut or some trophies are glitched. I'm not saying you actually ran into this scenario, but you should take a game's value by far more than just trophies.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I never asked to be the voice of reason. I'm just another guy sharing his opinions.

People getting this irritated over a game with no platinum is quite depressing. I suppose they are the same people who just go for the platinum in DRIVECLUB but will ignore all the DLC that came with it. If you enjoy a game then it shouldn't bother you at all if there's any DLC or not, platinum or no platinum.

Playing a number's game is not the way to do it, but apparently that's all a lot of trophy hunters care about even though I will argue that going after numbers is entirely meaningless, as Kaiser properly made in his post.

Are platinums all you care about?

You must feel pretty miserable if a game you were looking forward to playing has an unobtainable platinum due to servers being shut or some trophies are glitched. I'm not saying you actually ran into this scenario, but you should take a game's value by far more than just trophies.

If the developers don't care enough to listen to the community who asked for a platinum then why should I care about their game? That's fine that you don't care about platinums but some people actually enjoy hunting platinums. I have a gigantic backlog so by them not listening to their community and not adding a platinum it saves me $60. Preorder cancelled. I'll pick this up in a used bin a few years from now. 

Edited by Dethfuse
  • Like 3

The Real Question:

If Hitman 2 had a Platinum Trophy List instead of a 100% Trophy List would Sony really have allowed IO Interactive to include an additional 14 DLC Trophy Packs at launch?

Bonus Exclusive Super Ultra Mega Premium Silver Gold Platinum Titanium Diamond Encrusted Limited GOTY Complete Deluxe Special Collector's Edition DLC Question:

Does anyone here remember long ago when "DLC" use to be additional content that was developed and added to the game after it was launched?

Edited by dmm121182
  • Like 1

Does anyone here remember long ago when "DLC" use to be additional content that was developed and added to the game after it was launched?

Additional content from devs for a game has always been either planned along side the base game or the result of content that couldn't make it to the base game for w/e reason. 

The only additional content that happened 100% after a game released has been user made mods. 

7 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Additional content from devs for a game has always been either planned along side the base game or the result of content that couldn't make it to the base game for w/e reason. 

The only additional content that happened 100% after a game released has been user made mods. 

I don't know if I buy this. Maybe if you look at the "couldn't make it to the base game for whatever reason" super broadly. With agile development, there are going to be loads of "nice-to-have" features that won't make it into the final product. Does a sticky note on a white board before launch that is eventually coded after the game is launched not equal additional content made after release? I think it does.

How come when a game doesn't have a plat you always see elitist in the forum thread crying about people that like the reward of a platinum. You don't like that people want plats with their AAA games? Saying they want the plats handed to them?! That's why there is rarity for trophies. Some plats are handed to you and some are hard earned. For me plats gives me a greater goal to work towards.

Yeah sure Hitman 2 has a ton of trophies but after you've gotten all of them you don't get that extra reward for your invested time. A plat doesn't make a great game but it does add a little extra motivation.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

Just now, WatertownsFinest said:

If you think people are dumb for posting on a TROPHY WEBSITE about a game not having a platinum and them being upset because of it, you're a fucking idiot. Plain and simple

So you just ignored everything I said anyway and posted I'm a mother fucking idiot for going after people who are upset about a game not having a platinum.

You're no better than the people who bitched about Sonic Mania and Mega Man Legacy Collection Vol 2 last year. The Mega Man Legacy Collection Vol 2 in fact only has bronze trophies, which proves that silver and gold trophies aren't a measure of how difficult or prestigious something is.

Jesus Christ.

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

You're no better than the people who bitched about Sonic Mania and Mega Man Legacy Collection Vol 2 last year. The Mega Man Legacy Collection Vol 2 in fact only has bronze trophies, which proves that silver and gold trophies aren't a measure of how difficult or prestigious something is.

You make no sense. The more games with platinums the better! Id love it for EVERY game to have a plat! Is there something wrong in your head or something? Theres nothing wrong with wanting a game to have a platinum. I never once said the type of trophy= difficulty, cause thatd be more dumb than you in this argument right now.

Edited by WatertownsFinest
  • Like 1

Just now, WatertownsFinest said:

You make no sense, the more games with platinums the better. Id love it for EVERY game to have a plat! Is there something wrong in your head or something?

Why does every developer have to put in a platinum for their games? Why should that matter?

It sucks that some games that probably deserved a platinum didn't. But asking for every single game to be released to have a platinum, that's not how it works.

The entire point I've been trying to put across is if you enjoy a game and are looking forward to it, then regardless of how many gold, silver or bronze trophies it has, then the content is enough for you to go and buy it.

One reason why I have always supported trial versions and demos of various games because those give you a chance to try out those games before you decide to buy them.

By this logic, Zen Pinball 2 should have five or six platinums on it's trophy list, because those pinball arcade machines are tough as nails.

• Like 2

Just now, Spaz said:

Why does every developer have to put in a platinum for their games? Why should that matter?

They dont, but the more the merrier. Of course i want all the games to have plats but it doesnt matter to me and in my honest opinion if you buy games based on a platinum or not, your doing it wrong. But calling them pathetic makes you look like a giant dick and only makes your opinion look bad

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WatertownsFinest said:

Are we not supposed to be mad about a game not having a platinum for no reason? Get your nonsense out of this thread please 1f600.png

This is sarcasm too amirite? I refuse to believe being mad is your genuine reaction to a game not having a plat.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dark said:

This is sarcasm too amirite? I refuse to believe being mad is your genuine reaction to a game not having a plat.

"mad" is a strong word. how about this,

i looked and said "aw dangit" and continued on with my day. But am i supposed to be happy with a game not having a platinum for no reason?

Edited by WatertownsFinest
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark said:

You're supposed to say “oh”, and then continue to buy the game as planned and hopefully enjoy it. It shouldn’t make you feel happy nor mad. 

Pretty sure people are allowed to feel dissapointed for a AAA game not having a platinum. But not buying it because of it is somewhat silly. I'll wait for a sale and then ill buy it.

9 minutes ago, WatertownsFinest said:

They dont, but the more the merrier. Of course i want all the games to have plats but it doesnt matter to me and in my honest opinion if you buy games based on a platinum or not, your doing it wrong. But calling them pathetic makes you look like a giant dick and only makes your opinion look bad

I'm just going to repost this here:

4 hours ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

If a game is great and worth to play, what does it matter if it has a platinum or not.

I just don't get it with those who hinge on how a trophy list is going to turn out.

There have been a lot of games these past two - three years that have been really easy and have offered a corresponding stacked version (A PS4 game that has a separate trophy list for Vita). That's honestly very generous.

After the first HITMAN game I expected the sequel to have a similar trophy list, and that's exactly what we got.

Complain to the developer if this bothers you so much. After looking at this list I can kind of sort of agree that maybe there should of been a platinum trophy, with the rest of the content being DLC.

But this is like someone complaining that the DLC should have a platinum trophy tied to it because of the work required.

When I did Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine DLC from The Witcher 3 this past summer it took me around 20 - 35 hours to get all the trophies. That's more time than it takes to get a platinum trophy in a good majority of games out there. I didn't complain once because why, I really love the game. It wouldn't bother me if The Witcher 3 had 125 trophies, which is just short of the number of trophies in DRIVECLUB.

This is what I'm getting across. You love the game, or it's a game you did research on and decided to preorder it, it doesn't matter how many trophies it's got or whether it has a platinum trophy or not in the game.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I don't know if I buy this. Maybe if you look at the "couldn't make it to the base game for whatever reason" super broadly. With agile development, there are going to be loads of "nice-to-have" features that won't make it into the final product. Does a sticky note on a white board before launch that is eventually coded after the game is launched not equal additional content made after release? I think it does.

It's broad on purpose because there are so many reasons why things in a game can be cut.  God of War cut out boss fights. Kotor 2 cut out planets, and even finished games that don't ever get public release. 

Sticky note? I am not playing the part of a fly on the wall in order to talk about  theoretical "coulda beens". I am referring to content that has either been found in the code of games or changes developers have openly admitted.