No platinum trophy?

Kariodude

On 11/1/2018 at 1:52 PM, Eyjabria said:

I don't mind there's no platinum. What I do mind is how Sony locks platinum trophies or 100% completion behind a paywall (trophies that can't be acquired without a subscription to PS Plus). 

Does Sniper Assassin multiplayer require PS Plus?

You're "minding" something that doesn't exist.

People getting upset and canceling pre-orders ? Poor little snowflakes.

Sooo 2 games in one then? Probably why it doesn't have a plat? Or the developers just couldn't be arsed adding one. The trophy list is basically a copy and paste job. Will still get it though in the sales. 

Got far too many games to get through. 

Edited by Combatting
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 3:47 AM, Agent 47 said:

Because "not having a platinum trophy" =/= "not listening to the community".

They listened to the community. As in, the actual Hitman fans. Which is why Hitman 2 has NPCs notice anything you do if they see it in the reflection of a mirror. THAT is what the actual Hitman community was asking for, not whether or not the trophy list has a platinum. There's also other improvements over the original game that they made, enough adjustments to warrant a remade version of the first game as a bonus to this one.

I respect your hobby of trophy collecting but you shouldn't think that the people who'll only buy thus game if it has a platinum are a sizeable amount of the fanbase. Steam/Xbox achievement hunters don't mind. PlayStation gamers who aren't completionists/hunters/whatevers don't mind. And as the responses from @Spaz and others in these threads should have shown you, there are even people who identify as trophy hunters whose decision about when to buy this game are not affected by the information that the trophy list lachs a platinum. Meaning that PlayStation gamers are only a part of this game's fanbase, and people who care that it has a platinum is an even smaller part, very small indeed as only a fraction of PlayStation gamers are trophy hunters.

In short: you do you when it comes to trophies, but don't confuse that with the devs not listening. Because they absolutely did listen to things that mattered in terms of gameplay.

I just want to say THANK YOU.

• Like 1

There is so much toxicity going on just because a game doesn't have a platinum, or someone isn't a superfan based on "trophylists" yet forgetting PS2 and 1 didn't have them and lastly how many games said person played total. 

Can't people just buy whatever game they wish? Just because it doesn't have/have platinum isn't your right to bash someone for how they send money BUT not having a platinum is sad.

I only played ONE hitman game for PS2, do not remember the name, but that isn't a reason to come at someone for saying their opinion about a game if they wish to buy still or not. I haven't personally bought Hitman since then so I have no opinion in that regard.

Lastly, if someone did play their games of course they have opinions of said game. Leave them. Why does it bother YOU that much? Also, if it is a concern to you why didn't you try to make a change? Threads like these make me sick because evidently the reason this all starts because it doesn't have a stupid "Platinum trophy". Be honest, does it matter? I can only wish if Red Dead Redemption 2, Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn or even fucking My Name Is Mayo didn't have that internet stupid icon lol

I don't appreciate comments just being deleted without any mention or warning.

A warning to lock this thread would be a lot better than just deleting whole sections of comments without a single word as to why.

It's obvious there was flame bait going on, I was a part of it but suddenly it just disappears. A bit uncalled for.

Anyway...

4 hours ago, syumisan said:

Lastly, if someone did play their games of course they have opinions of said game. Leave them. Why does it bother YOU that much? Also, if it is a concern to you why didn't you try to make a change? Threads like these make me sick because evidently the reason this all starts because it doesn't have a stupid "Platinum trophy". Be honest, does it matter? I can only wish if Red Dead Redemption 2, Spider-Man, Horizon Zero Dawn or even fucking My Name Is Mayo didn't have that internet stupid icon lol

Because this is a forum, and any forum that allows feedback is going to be taken advantage of.

There are assholes on this site. I've been here long enough to know that. But if someone feels the need to get antsy and whiny about something and I just happen to feel it is a part of a trend going on, I will speak up about it.

This is like all the people who bitch about YouTubers who do nothing but rant, whine and complain on their videos. If you don't like them, then why do you continue to watch their videos? It is impossible to please everybody, but to see those who click on said video and topic and feel they're sick of it, that ain't going away. This is the internet, people will complain about anything as they see fit.

Also, you can just turn off trophy notifications, so you won't see that shiny trophy pop up when you achieve something, let alone the platinum trophy, since that seems to bother you. For non completionists, no trophy notifications is a great option to have.

13 hours ago, Spaz said:

There are assholes on this site. I've been here long enough to know that. But if someone feels the need to get antsy and whiny about something and I just happen to feel it is a part of a trend going on, I will speak up about it.

I get that.

13 hours ago, Spaz said:

This is like all the people who bitch about YouTubers who do nothing but rant, whine and complain on their videos. If you don't like them, then why do you continue to watch their videos? It is impossible to please everybody, but to see those who click on said video and topic and feel they're sick of it, that ain't going away. This is the internet, people will complain about anything as they see fit.

But is it honestly fair if they weren't doing that before and all of a sudde  dedicate to that? Then who made then popular?

13 hours ago, Spaz said:

Also, you can just turn off trophy notifications, so you won't see that shiny trophy pop up when you achieve something, let alone the platinum trophy, since that seems to bother you. For non completionists, no trophy notifications is a great option to have.

Nice assumption about me with the platinum trophy. I have it on cause I do and why not? I was only mentioning if not having the trophy is the reason why you won't buy, that's stupid. Next, a platinum trophy shouldn't dictate how "fun" something should be. The fun in obtaining it can be but not the actual game itself is what I am referring to, thank you

16 minutes ago, syumisan said:

But is it honestly fair if they weren't doing that before and all of a sudde  dedicate to that? Then who made then popular?

What makes you think it isn’t fair? 

As long as they don’t break the rules that YouTube themselves put out, then they are free to do that. I’ve come across plenty of YouTube rant channels that get a lot of criticism, usually for the wrong reasons. 

16 minutes ago, syumisan said:

Nice assumption about me with the platinum trophy. I have it on cause I do and why not? I was only mentioning if not having the trophy is the reason why you won't buy, that's stupid. Next, a platinum trophy shouldn't dictate how "fun" something should be. The fun in obtaining it can be but not the actual game itself is what I am referring to, thank you

Nobody is forcing others to play a game because it does or doesn’t have trophies. 

The games I buy are the ones I’m interested in. If I went with the mindset that platinum trophies dictate how fun something is, then I would stack all those easy platinums across multiple regions. I did that with Sound Shapes but I realized it wasn’t worth the trouble, so I’ve gone with titles that I’ve looked forward to and are eager to play. 

As a side note, I have the first HITMAN on the PS4, so I have a little interest in this sequel despite what I said in a previous comment. 

Edited by Spaz

18 hours ago, syumisan said:

There is so much toxicity going on just because a game doesn't have a platinum, or someone isn't a superfan based on "trophylists" yet forgetting PS2 and 1 didn't have them and lastly how many games said person played total. 

A lot of people who buy the game already got it, so this is THE reason they buy it again.

This is coming from someone who's probably in the top 100, or at the very least 250, in the world when it comes to PSN 100% (without plats).

Edited by MMDE

21 hours ago, Spaz said:

What makes you think it isn’t fair? 

As long as they don’t break the rules that YouTube themselves put out, then they are free to do that. I’ve come across plenty of YouTube rant channels that get a lot of criticism, usually for the wrong reasons. 

So...its okay to follow a channel that made you subcribe, for example playing L.A Noire, Uncharted etc then all of a sudden just became a person of ranting rather than playing? Nah son, I am leaving.

21 hours ago, Spaz said:

Nobody is forcing others to play a game because it does or doesn’t have trophies. 

The games I buy are the ones I’m interested in. If I went with the mindset that platinum trophies dictate how fun something is, then I would stack all those easy platinums across multiple regions. I did that with Sound Shapes but I realized it wasn’t worth the trouble, so I’ve gone with titles that I’ve looked forward to and are eager to play. 

As a side note, I have the first HITMAN on the PS4, so I have a little interest in this sequel despite what I said in a previous comment. 

I do not have many games with different lists. Maybe Rainbow Moon? I bought it for PS4 digital cause LRG was long gone choice. Then Playasia was releasing it themselves and I got the Vita versions. It wasn't about the different regions, it was I wanted a physical for Vita and couldn't get it at the time. Its okay if you have the first one. I haven't played HITMAN in years so that's fine by me. 

You do realize people buy a game based on having plat or not? I get this site but why? Sonic Mania had a frenzy cause of this. Sonic is great, you do not need a plat image icon to prove it is is what I am saying.

On 10/30/2018 at 7:02 PM, Spaz said:

You people are pathetic.

You guys just want platinums handed to you like free candy. Then a game doesn't have a platinum you bitch and moan because 100 percent games just aren't worth the time and day for you.

How old are you guys? 16?

Obviously you haven’t seen my trophy list? I don’t just go for easy platinums and that’s it. You might find like one cheese game on my list. The taco master game. That’s pretty much it. They have over 100 trophies on the list and no platinum. It’s a full 60 dollar game. That makes zero sense

So...its okay to follow a channel that made you subcribe, for example playing L.A Noire, Uncharted etc then all of a sudden just became a person of ranting rather than playing? Nah son, I am leaving.

Let’s Play channels do just that. Post videos of them playing through video games. 

Plenty of channels I watch on a regular basis, I don’t care about everything they post sure, but I’m still interested because in a sense I care about the person behind the YouTube channel. 

You do realize people buy a game based on having plat or not? I get this site but why? Sonic Mania had a frenzy cause of this. Sonic is great, you do not need a plat image icon to prove it is is what I am saying.

Yeah, but that criticism was uncalled for. Sonic Mania has fans from the Nintendo Switch and other platforms. People griping about them wanting a platinum for putting in the work to get all the trophies in the game, tough luck. 

Hitman 2 is just another game where people on this website take trophies far too seriously. I mean yeah, sure, maybe it deserves to have a platinum. But it didn’t get one, so people decided to refuse to buy it altogether. 

Like the jackass who had his comments removed who kept saying he was going to wait a few years until he finds the game in the bargain bin. 

3 hours ago, Warmachine0341 said:

Obviously you haven’t seen my trophy list? I don’t just go for easy platinums and that’s it. You might find like one cheese game on my list. The taco master game. That’s pretty much it. They have over 100 trophies on the list and no platinum. It’s a full 60 dollar game. That makes zero sense

Trophies are not fairly balanced, especially these past two years or so where a piss easy game that takes no more than 10 - 20 minutes somehow gets one. Whereas other games don’t, despite having to spend a lot of time on them to earn their trophies. 

I wouldn’t consider Taco Master to be a cheese game. It’s pretty easy overall but it doesn’t just hand you the platinum for little to no work. Actually found it a bit fun when I played through it.

On 11/7/2018 at 6:35 PM, Dethfuse said:

You can delete my posts all day but I still stand by my decision to not buy from a developer that doesn't listen to what their community wants.

Have you voiced your opinions on Hitman Forum where IOI gathers feedback, official bug reports, wishes, etc.? They do listen to what their community wants but they are not mind readers.

This reminds me of red dead redemption 2 topic about not having a decent looking platinum trophy image,

Like i get that you guys care about that...

But will you seriously look at the platinum image after watching it more then TWO times?! 

NO! 

some people complain only for complaining i swear...

On topic, not buying a game because it has no platinum...?

You guys must hate indiegames then.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 4:35 PM, Dethfuse said:

You can delete my posts all day but I still stand by my decision to not buy from a developer that doesn't listen to what their community wants.

They DID listen to what their wider community wanted. A platinum trophy was not what the wider community wanted.  They wanted gameplay improvements, and they got them.  That, to me, sounds like a developer that listens to their community.

Trophy/achievement hunters are an absolute minority of gamers as a whole.  If 100 gamers asked for gameplay improvements and 1 gamer asked for a platinum, who do you think IO would listen to?

• Like 2

On 11/11/2018 at 6:19 PM, SanhRim said:

This reminds me of red dead redemption 2 topic about not having a decent looking platinum trophy image,

Like i get that you guys care about that...

But will you seriously look at the platinum image after watching it more then TWO times?! 

NO! 

some people complain only for complaining i swear...

On topic, not buying a game because it has no platinum...?

You guys must hate indiegames then.

I think it’s more about if they were planning to use it for a milestone on here.