Online keeps crashing

dna0008

When I start the game, with network enable, the game freezes in the title screen.

If I disable network, and then enable it after the game load, it also freezes.

Does anyone know anyways to stop the crashing?

I can't get 2 of the online trophies because of this.

Video of another person with the same problem:

This is an odd one as it only impacts some people.

I've just been able to get the Plat for JC3 today. I had the freezing issue a few weeks ago, contacted Square Enix support and they advised to change some network settings - worked for me, but others still have the issue. Since that initial freezing issue for me (which started with the Callout trophy attempts), I've had no issues (except the odd crash).

On 08/11/2018 at 3:06 PM, dna0008 said:

What were the network settings they advised you to change?

Heres what they sent me. MTU was the only thing I needed to change. I shared these on the PlayStation Trophies site and others have reported it *didn’t* work for them. Hopefully helps you out - I’ve been able to platinum the game after experiencing the issue, including the online trophies. I have, however, avoided the Callout Inbox. Whenever I selected that, it would freeze again.

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry to hear that you are having an issue connecting to Just Cause 3.  

The first thing to do would be to try connecting your console to your router directly using a wired cable if you are using wireless internet, If that does not help we would recommend making some adjustments to your network settings by following the instructions below :

-Start PlayStation 4

-Go to settings

-Go to network

-Select setup internet connection

-Select Use a LAN cable (or wi-fi if that’s what you are using)

-Select Custom (there’s several pages to go through here.  For settings other than MTU and DNS servers, if there are specific settings your networkconnection has to use, feel free to set them up rather than using automatic settings)

-IP Address (set to automatic)

-DHCP host name (set to ‘Do Not Specify’) 

-DNS Settings (set to Manual)

-Primary: 8.8.8.8

-Secondary: 8.8.4.4

-MTU Settings (set to Manual)

-At default this would be 1500.  Try setting it to 1470.  You can experiment with this setting a little bit, but we would not recommend you go below 1400.

-Proxy (set to ‘Do Not Use’)

-Now test the connection

We hope this helps to resolve your issue, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please contact us again should you need further assistance.