Gambler Challenge #8

TVDex252

Alright, I have to say, I haven't minded these challenges, in fact, Im having fun doing a lot of them but this one is complete bullshit. You have to win 3 Blackjack rounds while hitting 3 or more times. Ive played over 2 hours and have only gotten it once but the dealer matched my score so it didn't count! Is there anything in this game like an outfit or something that helps boost luck or helps you cheat? lol

2 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Reloading would take longer than waiting for the dealer to reshuffle the cards. Not by much though.

I find getting natural blackjacks easier than the challenges this game has.

I got 13 natural blackjacks before getting a single win with 3 or more hits.

Haha. I just walked here to post exactly the same post as yours, OP. 2h and I won... 0 rounds of BlackJack with 3 or more cards taken.

Funny thing is I met the requirements twice (19 and 20 points), but lost and had a draw. SUPER FUN, rockstar! :)

:( What a waste of time. 7 years of development, and still so many low blows.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I’m on this now and I seriously want to kill every dealer in the game and his family. My biggest issue is other people keep showing up to the table, which seriously slows things down. I can’t ever get a game with less than two people!! I tried killing everyone but new people just show up when I go back.

This challenge is infuriating!! Anyone have any tips on getting rid of people from the table? Other than busting them out or murdering them.

2 hours ago, PoisonJam7 said:

I’m on this now and I seriously want to kill every dealer in the game and his family. My biggest issue is other people keep showing up to the table, which seriously slows things down. I can’t ever get a game with less than two people!! I tried killing everyone but new people just show up when I go back.

This challenge is infuriating!! Anyone have any tips on getting rid of people from the table? Other than busting them out or murdering them.

Sit on the furthest right (left from dealer perspective). If your first 2 cards aint low enough or you bust just leave inmediatelly then re-join quickly.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

Sit on the furthest right (left from dealer perspective). If your first 2 cards aint low enough or you bust just leave inmediatelly then re-join quickly.

Yeah I did this strategy last night and was able to get all three within the hour. Simple and easy if they're not low cards just leave and rejoin

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2018 at 2:59 AM, BlackTorito said:

That's also what I did and, like A_B_Y_S_S_1, I finished the challenge within an hour.

Things to know;

- When you quit a game, the camera focus on you, but the game on the table automatically resets.

- If you turn around fast after getting up, you can rejoin the game before the dealer distribute the cards to the other players.

- If you are fast, it takes around 10-15 seconds to get up, sit down and bet again... In other words, it takes 10-15 seconds to reset the cards in your hands, which is much faster (I would say at least 10 times faster) than wait for the dealer to finish dealing the cards, for the other players to finish playing, and for the dealer to take the cards and chips.

My strategy;

- Winning with three hits means winning with at least 5 cards.

- 21 points means each of the five cards value should be around 4 for a total of 20.

- It means the combined value of the first two cards should then not be that much higher than 8.

- So if the very first card was higher than 8 (9, 10, J, Q, K), I get up and quit the game.

- If I get 7 or 8, I wait to see if the second cards is not an Ace, 2 or 3. If the combined two first cards value was not higher than 10, I would wait to see if by chance I do not get another Ace, 2 or 3 as a third card to lower the balance.

I sat on the dealer's left side, being the first to receive cards, and before starting a game, I would save, and reload the game until I get a table with only one other player (if possible not on the desired seat). Having only one other player means you get that second card much faster and save some time.

With that method you end up doing 2 to 4 games a minute.

It is impossible to guess what cards are coming next, so it is up to you to know when to quit or not. You can have a 4, a 6, then an Ace and loose because it totals 21.

I would say if the combined value of the first two cards is not higher than 8, you are within the target score. If it is lower than 6, your chances are much higher (since you can get cards of a value of 5 or 6, or even higher and still win with three hits), but if the combine value of the two first cards is 10, it doesn't mean you will not have it ... but the chances are lower (your next card can still be a 2, bringing you within the target score with a total of 12 after 3 cards). That said, once I lost a game after 3 hits because the dealer got a 19 against my 18.

This game is clearly rigged to get us into "exciting blackjack scenarios" that gives more Blackjacks or more twist if you accept a card or not. It makes that Gambler #8 challenge something unbelievably stupid (with real chances, this challenge who be much faster), that comes just next to trying to find those almost extinct Parakeets somewhere in Bayou Nwa.

I really hope Rockstar would include a "bad luck gambler hat" or something you can put on or off to lower the card score you get while playing cards, just for the sake of having a bit of fun doing that challenge.

That said, for now it is based out of luck, and you can only win by trying again and again, which means speed will be your best strategy.

Edited by Invisible_Carrot
  • Like 3

On 15/02/2019 at 6:54 PM, Invisible_Carrot said:

That's also what I did and, like A_B_Y_S_S_1, I finished the challenge within an hour.

Things to know;

- When you quit a game, the camera focus on you, but the game on the table automatically resets.

- If you turn around fast after getting up, you can rejoin the game before the dealer distribute the cards to the other players.

- If you are fast, it takes around 10-15 seconds to get up, sit down and bet again... In other words, it takes 10-15 seconds to reset the cards in your hands, which is much faster (I would say at least 10 times faster) than wait for the dealer to finish dealing the cards, for the other players to finish playing, and for the dealer to take the cards and chips.

My strategy;

- Winning with three hits means winning with at least 5 cards.

- 21 points means each of the five cards value should be around 4 for a total of 20.

- It means the combined value of the first two cards should then not be that much higher than 8.

- So if the very first card was higher than 8 (9, 10, J, Q, K), I get up and quit the game.

- If I get 7 or 8, I wait to see if the second cards is not an Ace, 2 or 3. If the combined two first cards value was not higher than 10, I would wait to see if by chance I do not get another Ace, 2 or 3 as a third card to lower the balance.

I sat on the dealer's left side, being the first to receive cards, and before starting a game, I would save, and reload the game until I get a table with only one other player (if possible not on the desired seat). Having only one other player means you get that second card much faster and save some time.

With that method you end up doing 2 to 4 games a minute.

It is impossible to guess what cards are coming next, so it is up to you to know when to quit or not. You can have a 4, a 6, then an Ace and loose because it totals 21.

I would say if the combined value of the first two cards is not higher than 8, you are within the target score. If it is lower than 6, your chances are much higher (since you can get cards of a value of 5 or 6, or even higher and still win with three hits), but if the combine value of the two first cards is 10, it doesn't mean you will not have it ... but the chances are lower (your next card can still be a 2, bringing you within the target score with a total of 12 after 3 cards). That said, once I lost a game after 3 hits because the dealer got a 19 against my 18.

This game is clearly rigged to get us into "exciting blackjack scenarios" that gives more Blackjacks or more twist if you accept a card or not. It makes that Gambler #8 challenge something unbelievably stupid (with real chances, this challenge who be much faster), that comes just next to trying to find those almost extinct Parakeets somewhere in Bayou Nwa.

I really hope Rockstar would include a "bad luck gambler hat" or something you can put on or off to lower the card score you get while playing cards, just for the sake of having a bit of fun doing that challenge.

That said, for now it is based out of luck, and you can only win by trying again and again, which means speed will be your best strategy.

Thanks man! I followed your tips and I completed the challenge within 14min. 

• 5 months later...

Has anyone recognized the following as of now:
I had a pair of 3's i split them and had 18 on the first with 2 hits, stopped and got a 21 with 3 hits on the second Hand. After this the dealer got 17 and stopped. So i won but it didn't Count for the challenge for me..... -.- This is total luck based BS. Rockstar should be tortured the same way for this like we are being tortured. Cause if it is luck based i just want the Counter to be working correct. 

• 2 months later...

Hey peeps!

Long story short, I took a break from RDR2, about 8 months, and wondered if there are any *tips* for Gambler Challenge 8? Yup, the dreaded challenge! I understand it is luck based, just wondered if there was a particular place/time I should play? Or does this challenge remain pure luck?

(I just have Gambler Challenges 8, 8, and 10 left to do!)

On 09/11/2019 at 10:51 PM, Eshaal said:

Hey peeps!

Long story short, I took a break from RDR2, about 8 months, and wondered if there are any *tips* for Gambler Challenge 8? Yup, the dreaded challenge! I understand it is luck based, just wondered if there was a particular place/time I should play? Or does this challenge remain pure luck?

(I just have Gambler Challenges 8, 8, and 10 left to do!)

You can use Remote Play to brute force this challenge: 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I just beat it in 17 minutes start to complete, three hands with 5 cards. Never tied the dealer thankfully! 

I left the table a handful of times. In Rhodes. One other player at the table when I sat down; full table by the time I was done. 

Dominos challenge was the toughest so far.

• 1 month later...

I managed to complete Gambler 8 in an hour and 9 minutes. I used the method where you sit on the left side of the table (the dealers left) (you can do this by entering the Saloon and if the seat isn’t empty leave the Saloon, run a bit away and come back and it’ll have reloaded who’s playing, do this until you have the left seat (this will save you loads of time). Then bet 2 cents and keep hitting until you get 5 or more cards. Really early on I got 17 with 5 cards and then the dealer ended up getting an 18 so that was a bust. Since you’re sitting on the left you’ll be dealt to first, if you bust leave and instantly rejoin the Blackjack game. This challenge is complete luck and was an awful challenge in my opinion. Hopefully the I’d helps, as it should cut down the time drastically.