Missable animals on Guarma | wrap-up

Alex_R-13

Great post! I actually got my fer-de-lance by being bitten by it in the place where you killed it! (I was spawning snakes, but I didn't know about your secondary location.) Fortunately, I was then able to study, kill, and skin it. By the way, I also have seen snakes spawn in the cane field right behind the shack to which you go in your video to get shot (a rainbow boa bit me there as I was running through).

Quick question: How do we know these are the only Guarma-exclusive animals?

Edited by acbluke

18 minutes ago, acbluke said:

Great post! I actually got my fer-de-lance by being bitten by it in the place where you killed it! (I was spawning snakes, but I didn't know about your secondary location.) Fortunately, I was then able to study, kill, and skin it. By the way, I also have seen snakes spawn in the cane field right behind the shack to which you go in your video to get shot (a rainbow boa bit me there as I was running through).

Quick question: How do we know these are the only Guarma-exclusive animals?

Because it's either marked in the compendium (in the description) or it simply hasn't been found on the mainland, althought it's obvious that e.g the Macaws are only on the island. 

36 minutes ago, Krove-34 said:

Do we need to track them ? I study and kill , sometimes i forget to track. Do we need to study - track - kill - collect ? Ou we can just study - kill - collect ?

According to powerpyx' guide, you need 100% completion for each animal. 

• Like 1

I just need to track a rainbow boa , but i started the mission , so i hope that tracking is not obligatory. I have a save in case. But for the trophy , it's say " study " and "skins " , not "track".  Thanks for the video. The rainbow boa was the most difficult to have. Most of the time it was a fer de lance.

Just chiming in to say that, according to someone working for Rockstar, the Guarma animals are supposedly not required for the achievements/trophies. Don't have a reference as I don't want to out this person, and I don't have personal confirmation, but wanted to pass on the info since I know it's a big deal to a lot of people worried about missing the achievements/trophies in their playthrough.

Okay after 4 hours of hunting this motherfucker(fer de lance), i have some tips, basically ALWAYS kill a log boa if you see it, then go get yourself killed ASAP, it seems that the boas actually spawn on a kind of timer not a world refresh i dont really know, but every time i killed a boa died and ran back to logs there was no boa, once you have a no boa spawn log then run towards the spot shown in the imgur and just stay around that area do not move from it, you almost seem to force a snake to spawn in that spot which seems to more commonly be a fer de lance rather than a boa, if you see a boa at all though kill it and die and retry. the wording might be very good bc i kinda rushed it but those are some of my best tips for catching that fucker

2 hours ago, Shadow_Kisuragi said:

Just chiming in to say that, according to someone working for Rockstar, the Guarma animals are supposedly not required for the achievements/trophies. Don't have a reference as I don't want to out this person, and I don't have personal confirmation, but wanted to pass on the info since I know it's a big deal to a lot of people worried about missing the achievements/trophies in their playthrough.

By the way, have anyone checked if the trophies tracker at social club reacts to the Guarma animals?

Thanks for the summary and all the people who were helping.

I found the fer de lance straight away, it was the first spawn at the logs. 

Rainbow boa took me around 30 minutes cause either no snakes or only sunglow boas spawned, restarting the game fixed that for me.

Overall it took me less than an hour :)

8 hours ago, Krove-34 said:

Do we need to track them ? I study and kill , sometimes i forget to track. Do we need to study - track - kill - collect ? Ou we can just study - kill - collect ?

8 hours ago, Alex_R-13 said:

According to powerpyx' guide, you need 100% completion for each animal. 

I think PowerPyx might be wrong on this, I have only 100% completed 6 animals, yet the social club trophy tracker said 18% which sounds more like the amount I have actually studied.

Hey guys,

Some have written to me on PSN and I also see many asking about the Cuban Land Crab. It can be found on both Guarma and on the mainland. 

Here's the location for mainland, I went there myself before Guarma and found them. Just head next to the dead guy lying on the beach and 2 crabs should spawn under him. Be quick as they run away when you approach the corpse. It seems that the man came from Guarma, as when you loot his stuff, you can find some Guarma Rum (maybe that's how the crabs came to mainland, pretty cool).

Putting it under a spoiler so this page doesn't get too long

35andc4.jpg

Edited by Erkawest

4 hours ago, Erkawest said:

Hey guys,

Some have written to me on PSN and I also see many asking about the Cuban Land Crab. It can be found on both Guarma and on the mainland. 

Here's the location for mainland, I went there myself before Guarma and found them. Just head next to the dead guy lying on the beach and 2 crabs should spawn under him. Be quick as they run away when you approach the corpse. It seems that the man came from Guarma, as when you loot his stuff, you can find some Guarma Rum (maybe that's how the crabs came to mainland, pretty cool).

Putting it under a spoiler so this page doesn't get too long

Reveal hidden contents

35andc4.jpg

Just ninja'd your map to add that you can find cuban land crabs, all 3 sea gull variants and green iguanas down here (can't remember now but I think the turtle was there too) (you can either go there by boat or if you can't find one swim (use the smaller island above as starting point, so you wont drown - I had 8/8 stamina to get over there safely):

Spoiler

acu6j5.jpg

Edited by imh007
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, imh007 said:

Just ninja'd your map (hope its okay :D) to add that you can find cuban land crabs, all 3 sea gull variants and green iguanas down here:

(you can either go there by boat or if you can't find one swim (use the smaller island above as starting point, so you wont drown - I had 8/8 stamina to get over there safely)

Reveal hidden contents

acu6j5.jpg

No problem, thanks for helping out.

Those other small islands around there didn't have anything else interesting

• Like 1