nyonmyan's List of Censored Games

nyonmyan

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like one of Code Vein's costume DLCs has been banned/cancelled in the West by the devs :(.

EDIT: It looks like the source for this info, got their wires crossed and this isn't censorship but a licensing issue so the DLC won't be coming over until they sort that out.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It seems the MediEvil Remake on PlayStation 4 has had the original PlayStation 1 dialog carried over but one of the Hall of Heroes characters has had their dialog altered/censored for some strange reason. No idea if this was the developers or a Sony decision but not many people seem to have picked up on it so far. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZC-1gf2PMg

37 minutes ago, TachikomaShiki said:

It seems the MediEvil Remake on PlayStation 4 has had the original PlayStation 1 dialog carried over but one of the Hall of Heroes characters has had their dialog altered/censored for some strange reason. No idea if this was the developers or a Sony decision but not many people seem to have picked up on it so far. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZC-1gf2PMg

Does this also affect the Easter Egg version of the game?

2 hours ago, TachikomaShiki said:

Excuse me, but what is exactly censored? The remake was redubbed (only the English version) anyway.

Edited by Lance_87

18 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Excuse me, but what is exactly censored? The remake was redubbed (only the English version) anyway.

The scene shown in the video. I'm playing the PS1 version at the same time as the PS4 version and all the dialogue seemed to be exactly the same as the original up until this point. 

15 minutes ago, TachikomaShiki said:

The scene shown in the video. I'm playing the PS1 version at the same time as the PS4 version and all the dialogue seemed to be exactly the same as the original up until this point. 

Oh, now i get it, it doesn't say anything after "Dan, Dan, Dan" right?

Well anyway like i said the line is fully preserved in foreign dubs since they reused the original ones... this is Italian for example (go to 38:21):

23 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Oh, now i get it, it doesn't say anything after "Dan, Dan, Dan" right?

Well anyway like i said the line is fully preserved in foreign dubs since they reused the original ones... this is Italian for example (go to 38:21)

I'm pretty sure they used the original ones for English too (unless the voices are so alike they fooled me) except for Dan and possibly Zarok sounds a bit different just in one of the opening cutscenes I believe. 

Here is the text version of the scene from the video below:

PS1 Version:

"Dan, Dan, Dan. Tell me, what's a warrior queen got to do to meet someone like you?"

"Huh.. what... me?"

"Don't be shy, baby - I've seen you giving me the eye. You may be weak and feeble like all men, but I like you, Daniel."

"Oh no..."

"Oh, I love a man who doesn't talk back! I think if you return I may take you for my husband."

"Gulp!"

"Now listen up, sugar: your bow and arrows are fine for itty bitty jobs but if you wanna pack some serious heat you should take this spear."

"Great!"

"Think of me when you throw it."

PS4 Version:

"Dan, Dan, Dan."

"Huh.. what... me?"

"Don't be shy. I've seen you giving me the eye. You may be weak and feeble like all men, but I like you, Daniel."

"Gulp!"

"Now listen up, your bow and arrows are fine for itty bitty jobs, but if you wanna pack some serious heat you should take this spear."

"Great!"

Just now, TachikomaShiki said:

I'm pretty sure they used the original ones for English too (unless the voices are so alike they fooled me) except for Dan and possibly Zarok sounds a bit different just in one of the opening cutscenes I believe. 

Here is the text version of the scene from the video below:

PS1 Version:

"Dan, Dan, Dan. Tell me, what's a warrior queen got to do to meet someone like you?"

"Huh.. what... me?"

"Don't be shy, baby - I've seen you giving me the eye. You may be weak and feeble like all men, but I like you, Daniel."

"Oh no..."

"Oh, I love a man who doesn't talk back! I think if you return I may take you for my husband."

"Gulp!"

"Now listen up, sugar: your bow and arrows are fine for itty bitty jobs but if you wanna pack some serious heat you should take this spear."

"Great!"

"Think of me when you throw it."

PS4 Version:

"Dan, Dan, Dan."

"Huh.. what... me?"

"Don't be shy. I've seen you giving me the eye. You may be weak and feeble like all men, but I like you, Daniel."

"Gulp!"

"Now listen up, your bow and arrows are fine for itty bitty jobs, but if you wanna pack some serious heat you should take this spear."

"Great!"

No i said dubs, not voice actors. I read somewhere that they hired the original guy who voiced Dan to redo his lines and i thought they fully redubbed the original dialogues.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

No i said dubs, not voice actors. I read somewhere that they hired the original guy who voiced Dan to redo his lines and i thought they fully redubbed the original dialogues.

Yeah I heard that too about Dan, I actually meant they didn't use his voice from the original game. I think he was the only one who re-did all his lines for the Remake.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 22/11/2019 at 1:54 AM, fenrir54565 said:

LoveR Kiss  may be censored on ps4 jiggle physics toned down and had weekday underwear changes and underwear patterns not in ps4 version

https://gematsu.com/2019/11/lover-kiss-launches-february-27-2020-in-japan-version-differences-detailed

Will the Switch version come with English subtitles? EDIT 1: @nyonmyan I've sent you a PM with numerous new entries that need adding to the OP. EDIT 2: Catherine: Full Body Is coming to the Switch in the near future so should be uncensored :): https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xcom-2-collection-and-catherine-full-body-rated-fo/1100-6473786/

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 1 month later...

disgaea 4 complete plus had dialogue changed  to remove a trap joke on ps4 and switch uncensored on ps3 and vita

06ed8982ec83a11cd9278b152c5f66e573ed366d

and the legend of heroes trails of cold steel 3 might of had some jokes censored for the western release

https://nichegamer.com/2020/01/18/nisa-responds-to-claims-of-changing-sexist-japanese-jokes-to-be-culturally-appropriate/

Edited by fenrir54565
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, fenrir54565 said:

and the legend of heroes trails of cold steel 3 might of had some jokes censored for the western release

https://nichegamer.com/2020/01/18/nisa-responds-to-claims-of-changing-sexist-japanese-jokes-to-be-culturally-appropriate/

I can say those claims are a load of BS.  I've played both versions, there wasn't any censorship.  One such claim was found to be a technical glitch.  Only changes I saw to text were to make it more natural than a literal translation, which is localization, not censorship.  To be honest, a lot of it feels like people being mad that NISA got the license for the game rather than XSEED and they are doing everything to find fault and make NISA look bad, but censorship isn't something going on here.  The article itself even points out that no one who has played both versions can point to specific lines that are supposedly censored.  That alone points to it being a BS claim likely born of hate for NISA.

• 3 weeks later...