nyonmyan

List of Censored Games

306 posts in this topic

Catherine: Full Body demo was out today. Reports about it suggest devs have an uncompromised vision for the game with respect to the original.

I really never understood the listing for it in this thread, since OP only intends to include confirmed instances of censorship. In fact, Catherine is your only listing labelled "Unknown" implying it's been censored for unknown reasons.

With regard to the linked PR person's tweet "We went as far as we could...", could be taken to mean anything. I believe he may have missed the point and was referring to the nudity threshold imposed by CERO for any game published on console in Japan.

Edited by Faiyez

48 minutes ago, Faiyez said:

Catherine: Full Body demo was out today. Reports about it suggest devs have an uncompromised vision for the game with respect to the original.

I really never understood the listing for it in this thread, since OP only intends to include confirmed instances of censorship. In fact, Catherine is your only listing labelled "Unknown" implying it's been censored for unknown reasons.

With regard to the linked PR person's tweet "We went as far as we could...", could be taken to mean anything. I believe he may have missed the point and was referring to the nudity threshold imposed by CERO for any game published on console in Japan.

I would agree, I just played the demo and, for what it's worth, it doesn't look censored at all. Also, it's still rated CERO C just like the original title.

23 hours ago, Faiyez said:

"We went as far as we could" reply was a pretty straightforward (imo) confirmation that the content was toned down or made inoffensive initially to meet new censorship standards. It is possible that developer misunderstood the question, but I'd like to confirm that first before taking it off the list.

So, let's wait until the full game is released, at least.

11 hours ago, Jigsy1 said:

And not the only SK theme that was censored, apparently.

It looks like Dead Rising 4 was changed in some way to differentiate it enough from its predecessors so it didn't fall foul of the German Censor's regulations that keep parts 2 and 3 from being legally sold in Germany to this day.

The Onimusha Warlords Remaster is censored, depending on what language you set it to:

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

To be honest, One Angry Gamer shouldn't be trusted and should not be a source of news.

3 hours ago, MMX20 said:

To be honest, One Angry Gamer shouldn't be trusted and should not be a source of news.

If you have noticed any inaccuracies, feel free to point them out.

Forbidden Siren for PS2/PS4 is censored in some scenes for the USA region.

Spoiler

One scene is shown as one character holds the gun against his own head... and that's it. Nothing happens... the bang is heard while the screen is black.

. That is censored in USA and not in Japan? Imagine that... 

Also some Twisted Metal scenes were censored in EU/Japan but not in USA. 

Spoiler

So, butchering people up or gore is allowed in USA, but images of suicide are not? 

Edited by Ptirle

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round while not really censored but it tones down 1 of Honoka’s quotes where in the Japanese version she asks to borrow Marie Rose’s chest during the Tag battle when partnered together whereas in the English version she just simply asks for a Practice Round. So if you ever wondered why Marie Rose hides her chest during that moment, that is why. Of course with the English version it doesn’t make sense for Marie to hide her chest when Honoka is just asking for a Practice Round.

On 27/01/2019 at 8:25 AM, nyonmyan said:

I remain sceptical about the status of DOA 6 so won't be going anywhere near it, untill the game is actually out and has been confirmed by the players to not be censored.

EDIT: All the Mortal Kombat games are banned in Japan:

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Varnir of the Dragon Star is confirmed to be censored in Korea at least (too early to tell for others)

On 1/19/2019 at 8:29 PM, MMX20 said:

Do you have any evidence to support that? Given how it has been nearly three weeks since you said it, I am going to assume you are full of bologna. 

On 1/27/2019 at 3:09 AM, HuntingFever said:

I remain sceptical about the status of DOA 6 so won't be going anywhere near it, untill the game is actually out and has been confirmed by the players to not be censored.

EDIT: All the Mortal Kombat games are banned in Japan:

Japan has censored gratuitous violence for decades. Disappointing to see, but if I remember correctly - doesn't the game have JPN language support? 

4 hours ago, nyonmyan said:

The more they tone this down, the less like an SK game it will be and the more likely it will be that the fans won't bother buying it.

EDIT: More info: https://www.dualshockers.com/senran-kagura-producer-kenichiro-takaki-reconsidering-7even-content-censorship-teases-switch-games/.

It looks like LoveR might be alright: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/874/1874506/

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 1/19/2019 at 9:29 PM, MMX20 said:

While I'm inclined to see OAG as a meh site, it's more for how they constantly whine and moan about SJWs and the like to the extent where they basically act like SJWs themselves, just against political correctness rather than for it. They've made a couple errors (the one that sticks out to me at least is when they took a store bonus for Brave Neptunia and said it was from the Switch version even though said version hasn't been released yet), but generally, they at least tend to get the facts right in regards to the censorship debacles going on lately.

On 1/31/2019 at 2:14 AM, bladesoframen said:

Varnir of the Dragon Star is confirmed to be censored in Korea at least (too early to tell for others)

Given it's already confirmed to be censored in EN courtesy of the initial announcement from IFi, I get the feeling that Japan is the only country getting the game uncensored.

@Walt the Dog Agreed. They claimed to be fighting against censorship, but they are acting like SJWs themselves and getting some clicks from their articles.

You can add Rogue Aces to the list, because the 1.02 patch removed all the blood from Infantry kills :(.