Why are so many people in a hurry?

RiverBeaver

I think it’s due to the size of the game, missing a trophy isn’t so bad when the game is short, but something of this length is a different story. Also, the trophies everyone is referring to are the long collectible trophies or the potentially missable ones, neither of which truly impact the story. It’s not so much that people are rushing, as it’s players wanting to know when they may get locked out of a trophy in a long and intimidating platinum.

• Like 3

I think that many people really do want to secure the RDR2 platinum because, as you say, it's a great game and people have been waiting for it a really long time. Putting the plat in their cabinet will truly feel like an achievement.

This plat is not a walk in the park and many here spend a lot of time to help each other towards the same goal. Tedious tasks for several hours can be frustrating but that is what will make this platinum truly awesome when you achieve it in the end.

Having to replay a really big game like this one because of single missables will be time consuming, so many want to get things done correctly right from the start.

Spyro is also dropping in less than 2 weeks, could be a factor... Lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The first achievers leaderboard is absolutely meaningless. Much thanks to Brian (PS4Trophies on Youtube), PowerPyx and a few other guys who get their AAA games weeks ahead of time so by the time you are able to buy the game at launch, they already have the game completed or at least most of it done.  

People want guides as soon as possible and then complain about us getting the games earlier to help you guys out.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

People want guides as soon as possible and then complain about us getting the games earlier to help you guys out.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The RDR2 guides definitely seem like a mammoth task, every time I log into PowerPyx site there has been a new guide added for a portion of the game.  Made me really appreciate the time and energy that goes into guides like this.

On topic, I know plenty of people who started the game on release and are still only in Chapter 2 because they are exploring around and experiencing the open world.  Seems like there are so many things to discover.

I'm not that much in a hurry but like many people, it'd be nice to have that plat in a game like Red Dead Redemption 2. It's just frustrating how no one on this site has the plat or how much Brian/PS4Trophies said how much he hated the grind for it, he said he gave up. 

Just now, ARH65512 said:

I'm not that much in a hurry but like many people, it'd be nice to have that plat in a game like Red Dead Redemption 2. It's just frustrating how no one on this site has the plat or how much Brian/PS4Trophies said how much he hated the grind for it, he said he gave up. 

The reason no one has the platinum is because the online hasn't released yet so no one can obtain the online trophies.

3 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

The reason no one has the platinum is because the online hasn't released yet so no one can obtain the online trophies.

Okay fair enough, but I kind of made a mistake. I meant to say stuff like 100% completion, Zoologist/Skin Deep, and 70 Gold. No one has those. Online I can understand.

9 minutes ago, ARH65512 said:

Okay fair enough, but I kind of made a mistake. I meant to say stuff like 100% completion, Zoologist/Skin Deep, and 70 Gold. No one has those. Online I can understand.

I'd say to give it time, game has been out for less than a week so people are still figuring out how to get these trophies.  PowerPyx did cite 200+ hours and I think the trophies you listed take the longest amount to time.

9 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I'd say to give it time, game has been out for less than a week so people are still figuring out how to get these trophies.  PowerPyx did cite 200+ hours and I think the trophies you listed take the longest amount to time.

Very good point. I guess we should give at least by the end of November. If so, I might, MIGHT take a break either beginning of Chapter 5 or near/until the end of the story if I can't find a video guide on it. I only have hope for Powerpyx. It sucks how one of the two best trophy hunter guides just gave up on a game. 

Edited by ARH65512
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NL_Sion said:

Reading this forum i feel like a lot of people are in a hurry to complete the game, and I see people even getting angry/scared they miss something for a trophy. 1f62c.png
This game was in production for 7+ years, I don't mind that people want to finish they story line quick or something, but i feel with this game (RDR2 Forum) many people are freaking out on here.

Don't forget to enjoy the game guys and girls.
Have fun. 1f44d.png

honestly for me the amount of times this game slows me down, walking in camp, accidently hitting my horse into another horse at last second then having to reload a save, and that stupid entire first chapter of being dragged through the snow has totally pissed me off

you become throttled through the entire game and thats the absolute worst. just when you start beginning to have your own pace, your suddenly slowed down. it becomes extremely boring. i have had the game on pause for hours at a time because its exhausting. is hould be able to be more free to move at a quicker pace. i want to play more and not be forced to watch a bunch of slow talking and take forever to grab a bowl of soup. and god forbid you accidently bring your horse in the camp without being yelled at. and when your on a mission trying to loot corpses your constantly being yelled at to HURRY UP, yet the rest of the time your constantly being throttled to move as slow as fkn possible. 

2 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

then dont sync your trophies if you care about what the gamers want. you guys get games earlier to make a living off creating guides, we play the games to use your guides to earn trophies. so let us get the trophies lol

7 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

when your on a mission trying to loot corpses your constantly being yelled at to HURRY UP, yet the rest of the time your constantly being throttled to move as slow as fkn possible. 

this part...you have to laugh...so true, if you've played a little...

• Like 2