Runner3 Trophy & Game Thoughts?

I loved Runner2. The trophies look kind of similar. Kind of neat that there's a plat this time. Should be fun.

Edit: dudes...this game looks sweet. Looks even better than the last game. 

Here's a good review. Pretty thorough from somebody who seems to enjoy the series. 

Edited by Phil
  • Like 1

I've bought it day one on the Switch, where it was a timed exclusive for about half a year (but it was pretty much very announced there, no stealth drop).

Anyone who enjoyed Runner2, will enjoy Runner3, that's the short review I'll give.

A bit more: Runner3 has left difficulty settings behind and has added loads of different side tracks in levels. The one bad thing about the game is that it's a wee bit on the short side, but then again I thought Runner2 went on for too long. There's a fair bit of variation in Runner3, with karts, rockets, and other stuff. Someone who just goes through the main levels will be done in a couple of hours, but there's loads of side content. In the end, Runner3 is a fun game that brings all of the weirdness from earlier installments and then some.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

I thought this was a console exclusive to the switch....

Nah the Runner games always come to other platforms eventually, these devs seem to be in the habit of developing a game for a Nintendo platform, then financing its porting to other platforms with part of the profits.

I recall the devs even saying at PAX or something, before it was released on Switch, that PS4/X1 would happen eventually.

12 minutes ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

Didn't even realize this got a sequel and it has a plat...awesome!

Day one purchase for me despite my massive backlog. Got 100% on Runner 2 so I plan to 100% this as well. Never got a chance to play the first one tho. 

The first is part of this collection:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4116-the-bittrip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Plat get :D 

Yet another awesome game in the runner series. Really really enjoyed this one, it's bloody hard though! I'd say it's arguably the hardest of the 3, with the exception of Runner 1's 3-2 retro stage :S
Double jump and quick fall are such great additions to the moveset. The trophy list is pretty solid too, though if there wasn't already a guide out from the PC version I would not have found some of the hidden stuff :S.

47 minutes ago, Decroux3000 said:

Yet another awesome game in the runner series. Really really enjoyed this one, it's bloody hard though! I'd say it's arguably the hardest of the 3, with the exception of Runner 1's 3-2 retro stage :S
Double jump and quick fall are such great additions to the moveset. The trophy list is pretty solid too, though if there wasn't already a guide out from the PC version I would not have found some of the hidden stuff :S.

congrats on being 1st.

btw, do i need to perfect+ and special+ all stages?

11 hours ago, Decroux3000 said:

Could you provide us the link to the reffered guide? Thanks in advance and congrats!

• 6 months later...