With the success of Spider-Man what other heros could be good in this style of game?

Taliesin_2943

Like the title says what other heros or anti heros could or would do well in an open world style game like Spider-Man I'd love to hear some ideas maybe toss in some ideas what is like put in them how it could work etc.

I'd kinda like to see a ghost Rider game they could have him banishing supernatural threats as well as basic street level crimes and could use his costumes and alternate characters like they did Spider-Mans costumes and could even incorporate like the horse from the wild west ghost Rider, Johnny blazes motorcycle and the newer riders muscle/sports car 

• Like 4

Venom maybe? 

Not really "hero" but I think it would be cool 

Deadpool already has his own game but a new one would be amazing 

Cable Game maybe? He is sooo underrated 

Same for Taskmaster. 

I am happy that he appeared in the game at all but literally no one knows him 

He is really cool tho 

If marvel series are also finde maybe a Punisher Game 

God Marvel has a fair amount of characters who would deserve it

I would love to see a Punisher game where the gimmick is that if you kill a non-criminal, you reload your save, because the Punisher only kills criminals. So drive safe. Blend in with the crowds. Learn how to shake the police without shooting. Be careful where you toss those grenades. Because you can only kill criminals, ever.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MoniqueOP said:

Venom maybe? 

Not really "hero" but I think it would be cool 

Deadpool already has his own game but a new one would be amazing 

Cable Game maybe? He is sooo underrated 

Same for Taskmaster. 

I am happy that he appeared in the game at all but literally no one knows him 

He is really cool tho 

If marvel series are also finde maybe a Punisher Game 

God Marvel has a fair amount of characters who would deserve it

Venom counts as a hero/anti hero :)

11 minutes ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

Superman. 

Like, no shittin', I really want to see someone, ANYONE, crack this nut. Being able to speed around the world and do nigh-impossible feats has fun written all over it, and yet nobody wants to try anymore. Like, I'm not even asking for the triple-A treatment or perfection the first time around, just some indication that it could work.

I can see how it would be hard to make an enjoyable game when almost nothing can hurt your character but maybe they could find some way that something happens and supes is only at a quarter power so he can be hurt but maintain way above average strength, flight etc and the plot is saving the city or world and getting your full power back then in free roam u can just go nuts and be evil lol destroy cuties peep on people etc. But it would be difficult to find a believable way to pull it off heck they would have Abit of trouble with any over powered hero like hulk at best in this day and age best we might get is something like that dc fighter game that was super popular while back. God's but I do agree it would be epic to be supes or even the flash.  

It would be cool to get like a Batman beyond or static shock game as well both would do well in open world with there power/ability sets the flying and such and flying the beyond batmobile which is basically a flying car/airplane type amalgamation

Edited by Taliesin_2943

Moon Knight - This could function similar to the Arkham series in terms of gameplay. MK's got access to a variety of gadgets similar to Batman and is a versatile fighter. Since he gains powers from the Moon god Khonshu, he could grow stronger depending on the what phase the Moon is on. For instance, during a full moon he'd be able to lift a car with ease, but this wouldn't be the case during a quarter moon. The game could also play into his multiple personality disorder and have him assume various personalities during the day to gather intel for operations during the night. I believe he also wears different variations of his costume depending on the situation, so that could definitely be used here as well.  

• Like 1

The (freaking) Punisher! Been a long time since we played it. Or how about another X-Men game? Or another Iron Man? Or Fantastic 4? The Hulk? How about Black Panther? Maybe even a remastered Marvel’s Rise of the Imperfects? I can go on................ I know this is DC but hell why not another Superman game? 

3 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Moon Knight - This could function similar to the Arkham series in terms of gameplay. MK's got access to a variety of gadgets similar to Batman and is a versatile fighter. Since he gains powers from the Moon god Khonshu, he could grow stronger depending on the what phase the Moon is on. For instance, during a full moon he'd be able to lift a car with ease, but this wouldn't be the case during a quarter moon. The game could also play into his multiple personality disorder and have him assume various personalities during the day to gather intel for operations during the night. I believe he also wears different variations of his costume depending on the situation, so that could definitely be used here as well.  

Love this idea I don't know much about him but I'd love to learn more by playing

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I can see how it would be hard to make an enjoyable game when almost nothing can hurt your character but maybe they could find some way that something happens and supes is only at a quarter power so he can be hurt but maintain way above average strength, flight etc and the plot is saving the city or world and getting your full power back then in free roam u can just go nuts and be evil lol destroy cuties peep on people etc. But it would be difficult to find a believable way to pull it off heck they would have Abit of trouble with any over powered hero like hulk at best in this day and age best we might get is something like that dc fighter game that was super popular while back. God's but I do agree it would be epic to be supes or even the flash.  

That's actually what I would fine interesting about a Supes game; you take the standard hero game tropes, and then crank it to the max to fit Superman. Doing things that only Superman could do.

Take the ultra powered mooks you find in most games and make them the normal mooks here. Take a last level boss and make him the first, gradually going bigger and badder from there. Instead of a single city as a hub, make it the entire globe! Don't make fights JUST a matter of surviving; make it to where you are graded for quick, stylish, conservative, etc you are, with health not even being an issue. Give us a way to play a super hero game in ways we'd never thought possible, in ways we've never seen before (or haven't seen in a long time).

Eh, but what are the odds of someone ever taking a chance like that?

Edited by RedRodriguez87

8 minutes ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

That's actually what I would fine interesting about a Supes game; you take the standard hero game tropes, and then crank it to the max to fit Superman. Doing things that only Superman could do.

Take the ultra powered mooks you find in most games and make them the normal mooks here. Take a last level boss and make him the first, gradually going bigger and badder from there. Instead of a single city as a hub, make it the entire globe! Don't make fights JUST a matter of surviving; make it to where you are graded for quick, stylish, conservative, etc you are, with health not even being an issue. Give us a way to play a super hero game in ways we'd never thought possible, in ways we've never seen before (or haven't seen in a long time).

Eh, but what are the odds of someone ever taking a chance like that?

Maybe it would be easier to use a character like Superman in a Justice League game. You'd have characters like Batman and Green Arrow to play through the more standard sections of the game (fighting thugs, investigating) and then you'd be able to use Superman against planetary threats like Darkseid who could attack Earth with his parademons. So you'd essentially be able to have fun with Superman during these sections by easily tearing through these armies and then you'd still get a challenge with bosses like Darkseid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

Superman. 

Like, no shittin', I really want to see someone, ANYONE, crack this nut. Being able to speed around the world and do nigh-impossible feats has fun written all over it, and yet nobody wants to try anymore. Like, I'm not even asking for the triple-A treatment or perfection the first time around, just some indication that it could work.

Will he fly through rings :hmm: 

• Like 3

I'd love to see a Superman game more than anything, but i just can't see how it would work unless you had something in the story that de-powered him in some way. I suppose it depends on where it is set and what the story is. I feel the same way about a Flash game too (my favourite superhero in general)

Expanding the Arkham universe outside of Batman would be cool - a Nightwing game would rock in my opinion

I also think you could probably do some really interesting gameplay with a Dr Stange or a Spawn videogame too!

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

31 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I'd love to see a Superman game more than anything, but i just can't see how it would work unless you had something in the story that de-powered him in some way. I suppose it depends on where it is set and what the story is. I feel the same way about a Flash game too (my favourite superhero in general)

Expanding the Arkham universe outside of Batman would be cool - a Nightwing game would rock in my opinion

I also think you could probably do some really interesting gameplay with a Dr Stange or a Spawn videogame too!

To expand on Arkham I'd like a Batman beyond game with an old Batman/Bruce training Terry McGinnis