With the success of Spider-Man what other heros could be good in this style of game?

Taliesin_2943

Isn't Saints Row 4 a good start for a superman game? At least that's what I always thought when playing it ?

I'd like to see an Ant-Man game. There are a lot of ways this can work. He can shrink himself so you have two layers (or maybe three because he can get bigger). That would be fun in my opinion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

Superman. 

Like, no shittin', I really want to see someone, ANYONE, crack this nut. Being able to speed around the world and do nigh-impossible feats has fun written all over it, and yet nobody wants to try anymore. Like, I'm not even asking for the triple-A treatment or perfection the first time around, just some indication that it could work.

Why not just have a game focused on Clark during his teenage years as Superboy? Or even his son, Jon? Say his powers aren't at their maximum levels, he doesn't have control over his visions/strength to a perfect degree, and he's only able to jump great heights, not fly. He's still learning to control his powers and the story starts somewhere after the death of his adoptive parents, where he's trying to live his life on his own while saving and helping others the best he can. Basically, whereas we started Spider-Man when he's been on the job for over a decade, and is adjusted to the superhero life, so why not do Supes at a time where he's not sure of his position or his responsibilities, where he's still figuring out everything as he goes along (kinda like Infamous Second Son).

3 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I'd love to see a Superman game more than anything, but i just can't see how it would work unless you had something in the story that de-powered him in some way. I suppose it depends on where it is set and what the story is. I feel the same way about a Flash game too (my favourite superhero in general)

Expanding the Arkham universe outside of Batman would be cool - a Nightwing game would rock in my opinion

I also think you could probably do some really interesting gameplay with a Dr Stange or a Spawn videogame too!

I'd love to see a Nightwing game, or Wolverine. Why not just do a Superboy game? Why does the game have to be set when Supes' knows all his powers? Why not have it be where he's still learning them, and he keeps progressing forward as he faces new enemies like Parasite, Braniac, and the like, with him eventually finishing with the Doomdsday fight? 

2 hours ago, Kurorac said:

Isn't Saints Row 4 a good start for a superman game? At least that's what I always thought when playing it 1f605.png

I'd like to see an Ant-Man game. There are a lot of ways this can work. He can shrink himself so you have two layers (or maybe three because he can get bigger). That would be fun in my opinion.

Ant-Man is hard to imagine, but would probably be great. Iron Man or Captain America is probably the next go-to though. Or Daredevil. 

But...why has nobody mentioned Fantastic Four yet? They haven't had a game since the Lego Marvel Super-Heroes!

On 11/1/2018 at 2:43 AM, Kurorac said:

Isn't Saints Row 4 a good start for a superman game? At least that's what I always thought when playing it ?

Gat Out of Hell had such good flying I wish more games controlled like that. :(

On 11/1/2018 at 4:52 AM, Armored Squirrel said:

But...why has nobody mentioned Fantastic Four yet? They haven't had a game since the Lego Marvel Super-Heroes!

I wonder how that Incredibles PS2 game was...

• Like 2

I think Daredevil is the most logical choice actually. Hell, they could even tie a Daredevil game into the same universe as Spider-Man's as the two have run-ins throughout the comics and also face off against a lot of the same villains. 

Almost everything for him is street level for him as well, so while he wouldn't be swinging around they could hype up the parkour part of the game.

Outside of Lego which is in a controlled space, most devs don't seem willing to make a game that features heroes who can fly. As much as I would love to see a Superman game again I feel like people would ask, what's the point?

• Like 1

Oh man, this thread has me really excited for potential games! I would love to see several mentioned, but most notably:

TMNT - One of my favorite cartoons growing up would be awesome to play nowadays

Punisher - That could be a really fun story and interesting gameplay

Superman/Ironman - Either one of these would be similar I feel, but if done right they could be fun too

X-Men/Wolverine - I'd like to see an X-Men game mostly and be able to use different mutants and their powers

Spawn - This would probably be my most exciting game to play if done right... the possibilities are endless with his abilities!

If only all of these games would happen!

I think a new Xmen game would be amazing.  Especially if they did them like Xmen Legends series.  I could see Punisher, Blade, Ghost Rider, Iron Man, and many more being great games if done right (each one has to be completely molded around the character).  Punisher can only kill bad guys, Blade has to feed or find serum for power, etc.  Or they could just go really crazy and give me my Ultimate Alliance 3 with the entire marvel roster!!!

Flash by far. I've wanted to see someone really crack the whole idea of superspeed and incorporate the Speed Force into a system that feels intuitive and fun to use. This could also lead into an (actually good) Superman game, which Rocksteady was rumored to be developing (iirc)?

There was some footage I saw online of a fan-made Flash game, this footage was uploaded recently:

It doesn't look like a huge AAA release like Spider-Man, but hopefully developers see this and become inspired to create a AAA Flash game, I would probably buy Day 1 (which is something I do almost never).

13 hours ago, linkdevivo said:

Wolverine has a GREAT game. The licensed movie tie-in on the PS3 is the wolverine game we always wanted. Check it out.

I own it, just haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Damn backlog.

But still if Wolverine was done the way Insomniac did Spider-Man, that would be awesome.

Edited by Feral
  • Like 1

I think one of the main reasons why Spider-man works so well is the rogue gallery of enemies he has, much like Batman. This game used a handful and there's plenty for several other games, DLC and side missions.

I mean, would love to play as Iron Man, but he really limited to The Mandarin in terms of casual appeal. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Toxic Avenger.

On 11/3/2018 at 8:26 PM, DUDEwithCOFFEE said:

I mean, would love to play as Iron Man, but he really limited to The Mandarin in terms of casual appeal. 

In terms of casual appeal, just go with the movies, since, lets be honest, that's what the overwhelming majority of his current year fans know.

Iron Monger, cool.

Random terrorists, cool.

Whiplash, cool.

Whiplash's robot army, cool.

Mandarin, cool.

Extremis Aiden and co., cool.

Chitauri, cool enough. 

Ultron army, cool enough.

That's more than enough to pad out a decent length game or two.