It's Art Trophy Potentially glitched? *SPOILERS*

RowdyHanger

I've just spent the last day and a half doing this quest finding the animals etc. I sent the final animals,I received the invitation, went to see Ms Hobbs and got the squirrel, i took it to beechers hope placed it on the fire place and nothing? am i missing something?, Luckily i have a back up save so i can redo the final part of the quest and try again. Really hope this isn't glitched.

Edited by RowdyHanger

Just reloaded save and placed the statue again and still no trophy, unless theres something i'm missing or more to the trophy it looks like it's glitched or at least buggy. (Warning to anybody who is doing this quest make sure you have a back up save prior to trying to place it)

Edited by RowdyHanger

57 minutes ago, ValiantJax said:

It's because it's not as simple as placing the statue once. Well, according to the guide anyway.

I've scanned part of the guide for you. Hope it helps.

https://imgur.com/a/MQYeBZi

Oh nice, sounds like you have to place the statue and probably leave. Sleep a few nights and return, maybe some side mission will unlock after seeing the statue being stolen/misplaced

"As many times at it will take" sounds weird though

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 2

Literally just finished this mission myself and have the same problem! Tried loading the autosave back up and the Squirrel is missing and I can't place it again either. WIth that being said, I've just seen ValiantJax's post... Sounds like there may be more to it then, or at least I hope so now!

Edit: Update: Went away from the ranch, camped and slept for about 24 hours. Went back and went searching through the house and found the Squirrel in the bedroom in the chest! Placed back on the fireplace but no trophy, so I expect it will go missing again.

Edited by SolidNinjaSnake
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

Literally just finished this mission myself and have the same problem! Tried loading the autosave back up and the Squirrel is missing and I can't place it again either. WIth that being said, I've just seen ValiantJax's post... Sounds like there may be more to it then, or at least I hope so now!

Edit: Update: Went away from the ranch, camped and slept for about 24 hours. Went back and went searching through the house and found the Squirrel in the bedroom in the chest! Placed back on the fireplace but no trophy, so I expect it will go missing again.

Interesting thanks, i'll try this out, how many days did you have to wait before it moved?

6 minutes ago, RowdyHanger said:

Interesting thanks, i'll try this out, how many days did you have to wait before it moved?

Just one day, 24 hours. It's currently missing again now after leaving again and going back. Can't find the Squirrel though. I have found a box on a shelf that's glowing when using the vision thing, but I can't interact with it...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

Just one day, 24 hours. It's currently missing again now after leaving again and going back. Can't find the Squirrel though. I have found a box on a shelf that's glowing when using the vision thing, but I can't interact with it...

Sounds like some kind of hide and seek, enjoy your search while there still are no guides out!

13 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Sounds like some kind of hide and seek, enjoy your search while there still are no guides out!

Not sure about enjoy haha but thanks. 

New update! Found the Squirrel. It's in the bedroom again but you check the chimney! Placed and still nothing. Hope there isn't too many more haha.

Edit: Update: Found it again. Go to the kitchen and you'll find a ladder to the loft. It's in the chest on the right.

I wonder if the locations are the same for everyone or if it's randomised.

14 minutes ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

Not sure about enjoy haha but thanks. 

New update! Found the Squirrel. It's in the bedroom again but you check the chimney! Placed and still nothing. Hope there isn't too many more haha.

Edit: Update: Found it again. Go to the kitchen and you'll find a ladder to the loft. It's in the chest on the right.

I wonder if the locations are the same for everyone or if it's randomised.

I think they are the same, mine were exactly as you say so far

10 minutes ago, RowdyHanger said:

I think they are the same, mine were exactly as you say so far

Ah that's good then. =)

Found the next location. Outside next to the barn where the sheep are, inside the wheelbarrow.

Edit: Update: I was waiting for it to be there. Next location is in the barn, up the ladder in the chest. Still going haha.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

Ah that's good then. =)

Found the next location. Outside next to the barn where the sheep are, inside the wheelbarrow.

Edit: Update: I was waiting for it to be there. Next location is in the barn, up the ladder in the chest. Still going haha.

I'm on the same one, now i'm totally lost haha

28 minutes ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

Ah that's good then. =)

Any progress? i'm still looking, Hopefully this is the last one seems to be not be in the house unless i missed it, gona go around the fence on horse to check for it.

1 hour ago, RowdyHanger said:

Any progress? i'm still looking, Hopefully this is the last one seems to be not be in the house unless i missed it, gona go around the fence on horse to check for it.

Nope, no luck here. =(

Edit: Does the Squirrel actually light up using the vision thing? I don't actually know. I hope it does now that I'm well and truly stuck looking for it haha.

Keep thinking it's on top of that other building too where the ladder is just out of reach. I assume you can't get up there though, no idea how you would.

8 minutes ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

I hope not. I did check the mailbox that is just outside the fences but nothing there.

Yeah i checked that the two chicken coops and most of the trees and bushes. :( Is there a way to get into the feed silo like in RDR 1?, I see the ladder isn't down but i'm wondering if you can get up there from farm chores or something? Only idea i got right now, Probably not but worth a try. 

22 minutes ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

Nope, no luck here. =(

Edit: Does the Squirrel actually light up using the vision thing? I don't actually know. I hope it does now that I'm well and truly stuck looking for it haha.

Keep thinking it's on top of that other building too where the ladder is just out of reach. I assume you can't get up there though, no idea how you would.

Just saw your edit, yeah that makes the most sense, and i don't actually know if it lights up either, i might reload a save and check.

Edited by RowdyHanger

37 minutes ago, RowdyHanger said:

Yeah i checked that the two chicken coops and most of the trees and bushes. :( Is there a way to get into the feed silo like in RDR 1?, I see the ladder isn't down but i'm wondering if you can get up there from farm chores or something? Only idea i got right now, Probably not but worth a try. 

Just saw your edit, yeah that makes the most sense, and i don't actually know if it lights up either, i might reload a save and check.

Was it accessible in the first game? I can't remember. Speaking of the chores, I literally started doing that when you mentioned it haha. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's related, you just end up selling goods. Then I thought why not have a quick look in Blackwater at the general store to see if it's been sold to them haha! ?

The answer was no. So I stole a horse with a wagon that you can jump on but once I got back to the ranch, I couldn't jump on it any more.

Going to be really annoying once we find out where it is. Probably in bloody plain sight!

I thought someone had the trophy already but no one is listed. Then again someone apparently has the Platinum when the Online isn't even out yet. So maybe neither are legit and no one has this one yet?

Haha i was going to try the wagon aswell, yeah you could go up it in RDR 1 I'm pretty sure and in undead nightmare you slept up there, It gets hidden further away from the house each time i figure and at the barn twice so possibly around there. I swear i've looked everywhere but you are right its probably right in front of us. I don't think anyone has this trophy, if you mean the 0.1% on psn rarity i think sony has that as default wether anyone has it or not :) 

Just now, RowdyHanger said:

Haha i was going to try the wagon aswell, yeah you could go up it in RDR 1 I'm pretty sure and in undead nightmare you slept up there, It gets hidden further away from the house each time i figure and at the barn twice so possibly around there. I swear i've looked everywhere but you are right its probably right in front of us. I don't think anyone has this trophy if you mean the 0.1% on psn rarity i think sony has it as that as default wether anyone has or not :)

12 minutes ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

Was it accessible in the first game? I can't remember. Speaking of the chores, I literally started doing that when you mentioned it haha. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's related, you just end up selling goods. Then I thought why not have a quick look in Blackwater at the general store to see if it's been sold to them haha! 1f602.png

The answer was no. So I stole a horse with a wagon that you can jump on but once I got back to the ranch, I couldn't jump on it any more.

Going to be really annoying once we find out where it is. Probably in bloody plain sight!

I thought someone had the trophy already but no one is listed. Then again someone apparently has the Platinum when the Online isn't even out yet. So maybe neither are legit and no one has this one yet?

I can't think of anyway it would become accessible though hmm

Edited by RowdyHanger