Nekopara confirmed censored November 2nd release date

SnowxSakura

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I was really looking forward to this but it looks like I'll have to buy myself a Switch and get it for that instead :(.

Yeah, if you don't want the eroge version, the switch one is the one you'd have to go with.

Also with this move, I guess more people are going to buy it off of the eshop, steam, and dlsite

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

One of the most noticeable changes was the removal of the “Chest Bounciness” option. As you can see in the above image, the Switch version has it on the bottom

Heheh, the Switch has bottom bounciness.

I don't know everything about this whole censoring thing as I don't play these types of games but judging by the pictures in the spoiler... The main version of the game already had stuff censored willingly by the devs, yet it needed to be more censored on PS4?

I thought PS4 was "for adult stuff"... I don't get this whole censorship thing. I mean, it's one thing to change something to get a rating you prefer, but to have to change it so something will be allowed to be published at all? Let alone on PlayStation, of all places. Reminds me of when Rare went to Microsoft, only to find their "uncensored" version of Conker's Bad Fur Day being more censored by Microsoft than that it was by Nintendo.

Also, friendly reminder that the NSFW picture below was uncensored on PS4, but also found its way onto the Switch uncensored (that's where I took this screenshot):

Spoiler

hqv5WPE_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

After having this, and über violence in many horror and FPS games, I can't wrap my head around the fact that censoring light hentai is the hill the people at Sony suddenly want to die on.

Edited by Kassandra
  • Like 2

I ended up getting the full version of all three volumes form Denpasoft. Have the physical version of volume 1 with the art book somewhere around here.
It's sad times that Nintendo are doing a better job then Sony when it comes to these titles. I never got around to reading volume 0 so I was going to pick it up on the PS4 but I might use this as an excuse to get back into the Swtich. 

Edited by fisty123

12 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

Also, friendly reminder that the NSFW picture below was uncensored on PS4, but also found its way onto the Switch uncensored (that's where I took this screenshot):

Reveal hidden contents

hqv5WPE_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

After having this, and über violence in many horror and FPS games, I can't wrap my head around the fact that censoring light hentai is the hill the people at Sony suddenly want to die on.

South Park gets away with that for the same reason it gets away with plenty of other shit that wouldn't fly in other cases. The crude art style kills off any potential for it to be conventionally sexualized, so all that's left is the comedic value of the image unless you can get off to crude children's drawings.

Hell, most of the reason that you see [insert AAA game here] getting away with the kind of stuff that gets censored here (for example, Arthur walking in on a couple having sex in RDR2) is because the nature of it isn't inherently sexual like it often is in anime-style games (something that you even effectively admit in calling this light hentai). While I don't necessarily agree with censoring this type of content, it helps to see how the kind of stuff that's getting censored is different from, say, crude drawings in a South Park game or whatever random shit shows up in AAA games.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

South Park gets away with that for the same reason it gets away with plenty of other shit that wouldn't fly in other cases. The crude art style kills off any potential for it to be conventionally sexualized, so all that's left is the comedic value of the image unless you can get off to crude children's drawings.

Hell, most of the reason that you see [insert AAA game here] getting away with the kind of stuff that gets censored here (for example, Arthur walking in on a couple having sex in RDR2) is because the nature of it isn't inherently sexual like it often is in anime-style games (something that you even effectively admit in calling this light hentai). While I don't necessarily agree with censoring this type of content, it helps to see how the kind of stuff that's getting censored is different from, say, crude drawings in a South Park game or whatever random shit shows up in AAA games.

Agreed on all points (plus adding that big AAAs as well as devs who are notable for doing shocks), but I still feel like "could it make people horny" is a strange way of deciding what to censor. To bring back South Park, this censoring thing reminds me of the moral Sheila tries to push in the South Park move: that villence on television is okay as long as people don't swear. Sony's censoring tactic apparently is that violence and graphic sexual imagery are fine, as long as it's not likely intended to get people off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kassandra said:

Agreed on all points (plus adding that big AAAs as well as devs who are notable for doing shocks), but I still feel like "could it make people horny" is a strange way of deciding what to censor. To bring back South Park, this censoring thing reminds me of the moral Sheila tries to push in the South Park move: that villence on television is okay as long as people don't swear. Sony's censoring tactic apparently is that violence and graphic sexual imagery are fine, as long as it's not likely intended to get people off.

There are a couple possible angles that this could come from. One angle is the general notion that when the content is structured to sexualize women, it comes off as offending to certain groups who feel othered by the blatant use of female bodies for titillation. It's the same thing that caused such actions as Blizzard editing Tracer's victory pose in Overwatch since it focused on her butt before and the initial promises from Team Ninja to tone down the sexualizing elements in DoA6 (and then they just made the boobs bounce anyway, so I guess they just let that one go :P).

Another angle to take from this is that Sony may be attempting to clean up its image in Japan in time for the Olympics, which would explain more easily why the random titty censorship seems to be more a Japan thing than a worldwide thing* since cleaning up the Japanese image for the sake of general tourism isn't really a worldwide issue.

*I say this because the SK thing that started this seems to only target the Intimacy mode rather than the plethora of other sexualizing content in the game, which suggests that the Japanese policies go a step beyond the worldwide policy seeing as how if we get anything cut along the lines of what's happening in Japan, it'll be stuff trickled down from the censored JP release.

• Like 2

I would like to know the true about this new policy and why Sony think this is the best path they can follow, the next year a lot of vn will be realese on February because dev already work in ps4 versions before this, and probably after the first months of 2019 all them will chance the plataform and do game on switch, pc and maybe now more than before on iOs and android.

3 hours ago, Jigsy1 said:

Not Nekopara related, but Mary Skelter 2 has been censored by Sony for the Chinese market.

Something about a "purification system" being censored.

If it has something to do with ghosts then that's because Chinese law prohibits media from depicting anything to do with ghosts, phantoms, spirits, ect.

3 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

There are a couple possible angles that this could come from. One angle is the general notion that when the content is structured to sexualize women, it comes off as offending to certain groups who feel othered by the blatant use of female bodies for titillation. It's the same thing that caused such actions as Blizzard editing Tracer's victory pose in Overwatch since it focused on her butt before and the initial promises from Team Ninja to tone down the sexualizing elements in DoA6 (and then they just made the boobs bounce anyway, so I guess they just let that one go :P).

Another angle to take from this is that Sony may be attempting to clean up its image in Japan in time for the Olympics, which would explain more easily why the random titty censorship seems to be more a Japan thing than a worldwide thing* since cleaning up the Japanese image for the sake of general tourism isn't really a worldwide issue.

*I say this because the SK thing that started this seems to only target the Intimacy mode rather than the plethora of other sexualizing content in the game, which suggests that the Japanese policies go a step beyond the worldwide policy seeing as how if we get anything cut along the lines of what's happening in Japan, it'll be stuff trickled down from the censored JP release.

This begs the question of why only Sony are doing this while other Japanese companies have done nothing at all. That new CEO should really explain his reasoning before he has to explain to shareholders why PS4 sales are dropping

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, majob said:

This begs the question of why only Sony are doing this while other Japanese companies have done nothing at all. That new CEO should really explain his reasoning before he has to explain to shareholders why PS4 sales are dropping

That, I can't really answer, and I highly doubt Sony will give any reasoning behind it. The mainstream media gives zero fucks, so they have no one pressuring them to give an answer outside of niche groups that they could easily ignore without seeing much of a difference, not to mention that without giving specifics, it's harder to really organize a resistance to it and most of the discussions end up turning into pointless circlejerks like the previous thread on Senran Kagura that got closed where people just make dumb and flawed comparisons to AAA games and shit on "SJWs," making the resistance to this look undesirable to the general population and giving Sony an upper hand if it ever does get forced into the mainstream somehow. There is also basically no chance of Sony losing enough sales to this to actually have a noticeable effect on their shareholders. They know very well that the audience that even buys these games is miniscule compared to the audience of games like Spiderman, GoW, TLOU2, etc., and that's before taking out the people in said audience who aren't going to stop supporting Sony over this. Hell, not even NISA got brought down by this kind of stuff and their audience is made almost entirely out of people whose games would be affected by this. They even released sequels to the games they censored while censoring the sequels as well.

• Like 2

I was interested in getting this when it was first announced, but since it's an inferior version, there's really not much point. I suspect this will be the case for most Japanese games going forward provided Sony don't back down on their silly policy. Better to just buy them on other platforms.

11 hours ago, Miku Maekawa said:

Speaking of languages: The version available on the Japanese PlayStation Store is actually multilingual, it includes English, Japanese, Traditional and Simplified Chinese.

Thanks for pointing this out. Not really sure if I buy it, but it is good to know since it is nowhere to be seen in the German Store

Edited by dermarx