Chapter 4 - Friends With Benefits Trophy?

FatherLemons

Has anyone found a consistent way to get a companion activity to appear in chapter 4? I have been stuck trying to get one to spawn the whole chapter, and at this point, I have wrapped up everything I can do in this section, but still haven't seen one companion mission that I can do...

According to the guide, I am limited to; 

• Micah – Coach Robbery: Talk to Micah at camp, he wants to go rob a stagecoach.
  • Lenny – Coach Robbery: Talk to Lenny at camp, he wants to go rob a stagecoach.
  • Pearson – Hunting: Talk to Pearson at camp, he wants to go hunting.
  • Uncle – Robbery: Talk to Uncle at camp, he wants to go steal some cows with you.

(Note, I do not have the special/ultimate edition which gives access to the bank heist companion mission) 

Playing poker, dominoes, and five finger fillet does not seem to count towards this task apparently, although I see these regularly. I have tried sleeping multiple times and talking to the characters above to try and trigger an activity with no luck.

Does anyone have any insight into why these missions are not spawning? I have saves all over chapter 4 if anyone notes a particular time that these can occur.

At this point I am desperate for help.

Good news, after loading an older save at the beginning of chapter 4, I did the two Dutch missions right away and avoided everything else thanks to @Quink666 suggestion, which gave me access to one of the companion missions (Micah's mission). It appears that on my main save, I avoided the 'Dutch' missions and did everything other than these first, in hopes to maximize my chance with companion activities as I figured these progressed the main story. 

*SPOILERS*

More specifically, after Jack returns to camp from the second 'Dutch' mission, and NOT having done any other quests in chapter 4, I got the Micah quest to appear AFTER sleeping to "Noon" to skip the party sequence that occurs upon Jack's return. 

This suggests that this trophy may indeed be missable if others were to take the odd sequential approach I took to doing the missions in chapter 4...

Final Question:

Does missing a companion activity in Chapter 4 on my main save (which is already in chapter 5) effect any other trophies or 100% if I were to progress on it? I don't think it does from the limited research I have done but I wouldn't mind any insight.

Finally, for my struggles with this crap, the game threw me a bone and gave me the Fer-De-Lance Snake on Guarma FIRST try while exploring, which apparently took others hours to find :P...

• Like 1

Just popped this trophy myself, and my experience was similar to WHAT47's - the first companion activity became available the morning after the party that happens in camp after the first Dutch mission of the chapter (trying to be vague for spoilers, haha). 

I guess that what's happening in the story between the last few Chapter 3 missions and the first few chapter 4 missions "switches off" companion activities briefly, as everyone is preoccupied. 

• Like 1

OK I am so glad you asked this because I was having the same issue,  I am still having the issue after rescuing Jack.  Does it appear as a map icon or will they mention it if I chat with them?  I have been stuck on this two days mainly because I want to trophy before I go on.  I know I can come back to it since I have enough save points but I just want to be done with it and move on. How do I trigger it? 

I'm having the same problem. 

I cannot get the stranger missions to appear, even the bank robbery one I should have from buying the Ultimate edition.

I have the say the glitches and trophies are really souring my enjoyment of RDR2.

Edit - Loaded my save from the start of chapter 4 and did 2 Dutch missions as advised earlier in the thread and the Bank Robbery and Stage Coach missions both appeared. I think its probably glitched (add it to the list!)

Edited by Smash41

I'm having this exact same problem. I'm almost finished chapter 4 and not one activity has shown up. Is there anyway to fix this if I don't have an earlier save? :/

Also, I've noticed Lenny hasn't been around for chapter 4 at all.

Edited by tiffmc

Waited, Talk to The People and sleep for 2 or 3 Hours in real. Nothing. Playing Games didnt unlock the trophy for me too. I decided to Go forwards with an extra Save at The End of chapter 4. so i reload my older save and the first i saw was a hunting request. Think its totally random. Reload Save should work good! But no Problem. Also unlock Gold Rush trophy at 74 Gold Medals. System often bugged on me.

2 hours ago, Diddi89 said:

Waited, Talk to The People and sleep for 2 or 3 Hours in real. Nothing. Playing Games didnt unlock the trophy for me too. I decided to Go forwards with an extra Save at The End of chapter 4. so i reload my older save and the first i saw was a hunting request. Think its totally random. Reload Save should work good! But no Problem. Also unlock Gold Rush trophy at 74 Gold Medals. System often bugged on me.

When you say end of Chapter 4. Do you mean right before the

bank heist

?

• 1 year later...

I don’t think dominoes, five finger fillet, etc count. I did those games in C2 & 3 along with fishing & robberies. In C4 I played a game of dominoes (didn’t quit) and the trophy didn’t pop. I did the Bank robbery that comes with the Ultimate Edition & then it popped.