Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct Thread

DragonQuest238

Just now, LegacyJKO09 said:

haha love the analogy. I'll have to use it 1f602.png

how do you feel about fighting games now? 

Still probably won't be crazy for Street Fighter or anything like that, but I found a game that I like. Even if everyone else hates the Spirits, I am an avid collector and will find every last one of them.

18 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

exactly this. my buddy is obsessed with switch and smash and yes I'm buying it but its underwhelming to me. I've yet to find a game other than Mario Odyssey I thoroughly enjoy on the switch. Octo is okay. Zelda was meh. yes. meh. and smash wont be one. I'll beat story mode. play around a bit and that's it. Smash is a low tier fighting game in the online community.

16 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Well, I would say it's Baby's First Fighting Game to cater to the fighting game haters. I hated fighting games until this one came around. *shrug*

That's an interesting way of looking at it. I've always seen SSB more of a party game than one for online play. No doubt that Street Fighter and Tekken have better online communities than Smash, but I think that's because Smash is one of those games that are meant to be played at home with a group of friends who have little to no experience with fighting games or better yet, with friends that exclusively only have experience with Smash. I think if you are looking for an online fighting game, then Smash isn't your cup of tea.

With that being said, I hope this game takes the next step and has a better online experience (I never played SSB on the Wii U, but Brawl was laughable). However, I'm content with just some good old local play (Granted, I don't even own a switch so local play at a friend's house it is!).

8 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

That's an interesting way of looking at it. I've always seen SSB more of a party game than one for online play. No doubt that Street Fighter and Tekken have better online communities than Smash, but I think that's because Smash is one of those games that are meant to be played at home with a group of friends who have little to no experience with fighting games or better yet, with friends that exclusively only have experience with Smash. I think if you are looking for an online fighting game, then Smash isn't your cup of tea.

With that being said, I hope this game takes the next step and has a better online experience (I never played SSB on the Wii U, but Brawl was laughable). However, I'm content with just some good old local play (Granted, I don't even own a switch so local play at a friend's house it is!).

I played smash as a kid. and my switch gets no use so I'd like to dust it off. even if only for a week. but yeah it has had some smash tourneys but it's never at EVO. 

my buddy even goes on how Ken looks better than SFV. but uhhh its base Ken from SF 2. so they weren't going for design of V. Buddy is an idiot though and not a fan of fighters... yet he wants smash. a fighting game. lol. if online community is good then I will get online for switch. but I doubt so. 

and agreed. Brawl was very laughable lol! 

I just hate how they boast biggest roster but there are too many dumb fillers that no one probably uses like the Mii Fighter and the Wii Fit Trainers. but I'm excited for Pirahna, K Rool, and using Roy again. never played Cloud so if hes good he may be my main. Link used to be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

I played smash as a kid. and my switch gets no use so I'd like to dust it off. even if only for a week. but yeah it has had some smash tourneys but it's never at EVO. 

my buddy even goes on how Ken looks better than SFV. but uhhh its base Ken from SF 2. so they weren't going for design of V. Buddy is an idiot though and not a fan of fighters... yet he wants smash. a fighting game. lol. if online community is good then I will get online for switch. but I doubt so. 

I just hate how they boast biggest roster but there are too many dumb fillers that no one probably uses like the Mii Fighter and the Wii Fit Trainers. but I'm excited for Pirahna, K Rool, and using Roy again. never played Cloud so if hes good he may be my main. Link used to be.

Just talking about smash makes me want to play it again as I haven't played it since Brawl. I played Melee at a friend's house, and owned the original. My main for the original was Link, then started to get good with Roy and young Link in Melee, and was pretty good with everyone in Brawl, but I usually used either Ike or Marth. My edge guarding could get straight-up ruthless with Ike at times. xD I agree with you though with the character choices. I'm not even one of those people who were lobbying for WaLuigi, but I can't believe they have someone like Wii Fit Trainer on the roster over him. Just blows my mind! She seems better fit to be an assist trophy anyways.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Just talking about smash makes me want to play it again as I haven't played it since Brawl. I played Melee at a friend's house, and owned the original. My main for the original was Link, then started to get good with Roy and young Link in Melee, and was pretty good with everyone in Brawl, but I usually used either Ike or Marth. My edge guarding could get straight-up ruthless with Ike at times. xD I agree with you though with the character choices. I'm not even one of those people who were lobbying for WaLuigi, but I can't believe they have someone like Wii Fit Trainer on the roster over him. Just blows my mind! She seems better fit to be an assist trophy anyways.

also knowing Nintendo since they're gonna cap it at 75 at launch (kind of. when Pirahna is in), they'll want 5 in 2019 bringing roster to 80. they would probably push to 85 or even 100 if they support it for years.

I just know when I picked up my GC controller, the store clerk was saying he's prepping for tournaments by repeatedly destroying ice climbers because they are broken. people are so cheap with them. so be aware of the ice climber people lol. 

Edit:They probably will announce Waluigi as final DLC of season 1 pass and people will lose their minds lmao. I almost guarantee it

Edited by LegacyJKO09
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

If anything he's street fighter 2.4 since he has focus attack from 4.

Roy's our boy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

If anything he's street fighter 2.4 since he has focus attack from 4.

Roy's our boy

Roy was hard to perfect at first, due to his blade charge but I found it better to go for 3 partial charges and a smash all hitting around 15-30%. instead of some players doing a full sword charge with Roy aiming for 70% or whatever it was. especially if It didnt fully connect lol

On 03/11/2018 at 3:36 AM, LegacyJKO09 said:

I've yet to find a game other than Mario Odyssey I thoroughly enjoy on the switch. Octo is okay. Zelda was meh. yes. meh. and smash wont be one.

Are you only about the AAA titles?

Because if you're open to other stuff... The Messenger is my GOTY 2018.

I can recommend many more titles but perhaps that's best suited for a different thread.

On 11/5/2018 at 5:12 AM, The Titan said:

wtf are you talking about?

The character someone put in spoilers that was mentioned as a pre-purchase bonus.

Anyways, I got news from NinMobileNews about the DLC characters coming in 2019. The link is below.

https://ninmobilenews.com/news/2018/11/06/super-smash-bros-ultimate-dlc-line-up-has-been-chosen-entirely-by-nintendo/

It talkes about Sakurai tweeting in English: "Smash Bros. Ultimate’s DLC line-up is now complete. This time the selection was made entirely by Nintendo. I decide if we can create a fighter based on their selection, then come up with the plan."

What this means is that it's highly unlikely that Sora from Kingdom Hearts will be one of the DLC characters for SSBU no matter how much we wish and pray. Nintendo has already come up with a list of characters and will likely use obscure characters from Nintendo properties and Sakurai will give the go-ahead for five of these characters to be made in playable fighters.

There was a video about it and the commentator said "Maybe Waluigi." Yes, maybe. I thought at first that he might be an echo fighter, but of who? Wario? Nope, Waluigi doesn't pass gas and bite people's heads literally off and he's a skinny beanpole compared to Wario's fat ass. Luigi? Unlikely, as echo fighters mimic every move in the moveset and I don't see Waluigi doing the same funny moves Luigi does. He is probably going to be like Isabelle to Villager, having some of Luigi's moveset but being his own thing.

Other Nintendo characters that show up will probably be a character from Mother 3 or maybe Geno from Super Mario RPG. But I don't see much else. Until Square-Enix gets Kingdom Hearts games on the Switch, we won't be seeing Sora anytime soon.

On the other hand, we didn't expect Solid Snake and Shulk to be in Smash. :P

• 1 month later...