Anyone underwhelmed with the content?

Omirid

As the title states, is anyone feeling slightly disappointed in the content regarding clothing, guns etc? Like there's only a small selection of colors and engravings and clothing bits. I also thought the horse customization was going to be a bit more in depth. I mean it's great with what we have already, I was suprised with the amount of stuff we CAN customize, it just feels slightly a little rushed, like I would've liked a lot more colors, outfits, different pieces of clothing and what not.  I know the hunter/trapper guy can give you more different variety of clothing from hunting but it still doesn't feel like a lot. We need more chaps, vests and hats and stuff. 

Does anyone know if they will add any more content in regards to what I have said later in the game for story mode? I know multiplayer is going to have a ton of stuff, DLC's etc but I just hope they don't neglect the base game like they did with Grand Theft Auto 5. 

Loving the game so far though, just felt like I wanted to express this opinion and hopes other people feel the same way. A ridiculous amount of animals and different types, but horses feel slightly underwhelmed as well from looking at Google on different horse species, only a few select few are in the game, not even ponies are in the game as far as I know. 

16 minutes ago, goman21 said:

Let’s hope they do. Don’t have the game myself yet. Highly anticipated on it and had it preordered years ago, had to revert on that sadly. Posting here for later. 

Yeah same here, the game is absolutely amazing, in every aspect especially the quite overwhelming amount of animals this game offers, but for almost all the great positive aspects there's a slight negative one which bugs me. Graphics are amazing, controls work well, but the way Arthur moves around is quite 'clunky' and slow which most have mentioned about the game. Albeit this game is supposed to be played slow anyways, just feels slightly off for some reason. Graphics are amazing, but there's heaps of blurry, especially with movement, like going into cinematic mode and watching yourself driving a stagecoach, the back of the stagecoach almost leaves a blurry trailing type effect, same as panning the camera around. 

Hunting is great, animal wildlife is great, but the horse selection is pretty basic. Only a few selection of species even though there is so many in real life. Customization is great, but what we have on offer just feels... lack luster. Most clothing pieces aren't very unique from each other, and there's only a handful of different selections for different pieces of clothing. Gun customization is great, but it feels like it could've been done better. You can 'upgrade' your weapons although it feels like there's no point because there's only 1 option of rifling, like 3 different scopes, 1 type of wrapping, and a handful of generic colours, and engravings. No unique vanishes either. Honestly, I just made all my guns gold because of the hell of it because the selection is so basic. 

It's like some parts of the game were worked on for a absurd extensive amount of time, like hunting and wildlife, and horses were rushed, customization was worked on well, but what we got to actually get was rushed. Weapons were given a feeling of uniqueness and we knew going into it that there would be a huge selection of weapons but when we got them most are pretty crap and only like 3 weapons are actually great. Every horse in the game has no real unique feeling to it, literally every horse besides a race horse or an Arabian is slow as fuck, and if you're not using the war horse you get given from your pre-order every goddamn horse in the game gets spooked at everything it sees, even then I still have so much trouble with war horse when fighting or running near wolves because it gets spooked, not as much as every other horse, but it still happens quite often. Realistic yes, annoying? Of course. 

You either use the best horse in the game, or your pre-order horses because every other one is useless basically. It's a little disappointing to me. Given how many different species every other animals have, there's no foal's as I'm aware, no ponies, nothing. But we get like 4 different types of squirrels though? Really Rockstar? 

Edited by Omirid
  • Like 1

I firmly believe Rockstar has learned where their money is. I’m no where close to finishing the game but so far it feels as full, and far more alive then GTA 5. In no way would I suggest it’s underwelming when compared to other open world games.

Sure Rockstar made millions on GTA 5 game purchases but GTA online put them in the billions.

I don’t see them doing any single player DLC (although I’d love to have zombies again). I see every DLC being related to RDR2 Online and they’ll pack 10 times more customization options into the online mode then the single player.

Again, same as GTA 5. Safe bet.

1 minute ago, Skurkitty said:

I firmly believe Rockstar has learned where their money is. I’m no where close to finishing the game but so far it feels as full, and far more alive then GTA 5. In no way would I suggest it’s underwelming when compared to other open world games.

Sure Rockstar made millions on GTA 5 game purchases but GTA online put them in the billions.

I don’t see them doing any single player DLC (although I’d love to have zombies again). I see every DLC being related to RDR2 Online and they’ll pack 10 times more customization options into the online mode then the single player.

Again, same as GTA 5. Safe bet.

Yeah definitely, the game is a hell of a step up from GTA V's content. As I stated above, just the hunting alone and the species of wildlife in this game is hands down no other game can compete. The graphics are amazing, the story line is amazing, everything is amazing, apart from a few things that just seem overlooked a little. 

Again, I know for a fact online is where it's going to be at. I wouldn't be surprised if everything I mentioned above gets put into the online only. Like a microtransactionable ride-able pony with ridiculous speed for $20.99 or something lol. I don't know, the story mode is always so well done in all of their games and it's a gem already, I just don't know why some of these points I mentioned bug me. So many different variables which are so great and others which just seem like "why wasn't this added?" type feeling. 

The first Red Dead Redemption was so good in that you could play just the single player and it would be just an epic of an adventure for your buck. Flipwise you could only touch the multiplayer and you could have a real blast with friends and randoms, especially in those Gang Shootouts, always fun. Then there's the Free Roam and being able to chase wanted players, even up in the mountains where you confronted Dutch in the single player story.

There is something about westerns that I feel is a lot more exciting than just killing random players in Call of Duty, or playing a game in a futuristic setting like Titanfall 2.

I seriously hope there will be story DLC because even if I don't 100 percent Red Dead Redemption 2 in terms of trophies, I will still buy that content. That was the one thing that pissed me off about Grand Theft Auto V becuase it seemed that all Rockstar cared about was making filler content. I don't know if there is going to be a repeat of that.

Even if there is only one single player DLC that is very much like Undead Nightmare was in the first Red Dead, I'll be happy.

Although I tend to wait for patches to come out, something as big as Red Dead Redemption 2 probably still have some bugs and issues that need to be fixed.

2 hours ago, Omirid said:

Hunting is great, animal wildlife is great, but the horse selection is pretty basic. Only a few selection of species even though there is so many in real life. 

I'm no horse expert and I know that today, there are many horse species but how many were there on the american continent during that period in time? Besides the wild, native american horses, I think it makes sense to think that the europeans only brought a specific selection of breeds to America, no? Some for work and some for transportation. No need for race horses or show horses etc.

• Like 3