Anyone else "grinded" away from the Platinum?

Valkirye22

I will Platinum RDR2, its a very good Game. But often its soooooooo Slow. Riding and Riding aaaaand Riding. Got the missables already and Working on Gold in My First playthrough. One Time playing the mission blind and reload for Gold. The Mission replay is a huge piece of shit. Some missions become much harder as before, due the fact the horse runs out stamina in 10 seconds in a Time based Gold challenge. Or get the kill xx Person with headshots in a again time based Mission. Without having items :/ 

so what Rockstar think about this ????? Pretty sure this would be patched.

• Like 2

I strongly agree with all the things you guys listed here. I finsihed the game two days ago and also already achieved all the  missable trophies. I think I will start working on the and try to get the platinum but I am also aware that I probably wont get this done before beginning of next year, due to it being an unnecessary grind...

I just hope I dont get burnt out by this game :D

People complain about how much work collecting the animals or getting the gold medals is.

But IMO getting Rank 50 in Multiplayer will be the much harder or at least longer task. That won't be something you do in a day or two.

Edited by Sicho
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Yokimoto said:

Oh I didn’t realize that. What do you mean by reset? Like no weapons?

You have basic weapons, few items, basic horse. Try it out once and you'll see. They should fix so you use your custom and leveled character if you replay missions. For now I save before every story mission

On 11/2/2018 at 11:18 AM, Valkirye22 said:

Just curious for some feedback from fellow trophy hunters.

The game as a whole is amazing and I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it but putting that aside if we start talking trophies it becomes a nightmare, at least for me.

So after finishing the story I'm pretty sure I went around the map 20 times for all the bones, the dream catchers, the legendary fish (oh the fishing... I blame FF15 for the surge of that in modern games e.g. Far Cry 5; really it is not enjoyable twisting my thumbs for 10 minutes for that god damn salmon), the weapons etc.... there is really no "fast travel" per se, at least in GTA you could cut your time short with a helicopter here I nearly killed my horse 50 times because I am sick and tired of riding around ditches and mountains after my first 14 laps of the Grizzlies.

I've got a lot of platinums behind me and there were some grindy (anyone remember 400-odd feathers and other bs in Assassin's II?) bits but this takes the cake. I mean I would maybe even stretch for the animals the ludicrous 144 of them but the exotics collectables? And the challenges and the luck/rng hunting? It just killed it for me. I only ever platinumed games I enjoyed be they difficult or long or both but after all the amazing stuff in RDR2 it just turns into a train-wreck there is no fun to be had in 30-50 hours worth of running from A-B and hoping to find a pretty flower or a pristine rat.

Respect to anyone that will go through with everything! 1f44d.png

I give Rockstar Games respect for making you go through all that grind.

If I was one of the heads at Rockstar and I foresaw this game that took eight years to develop, then I sure as shit want players to explore everything this game has to offer.

RDR2 is HUGE. And I think that's a good thing.

I spent over 130 hours on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and I loved every minute of it. Didn't complain once about the length of the game since I knew what I was getting into.

It just amazes me that people have praised Red Dead Redemption 2 for it's visuals and atmosphere to hell and back. But once they find out they have to hunt for all these collectibles, they gripe that the platinum is too long. 

I'm sorry but this whole post sounds like you wish the game didn't have as much to grind and there wasn't as much collectibles. I can make a case in that collectibles in general in most AAA games are boring and just filler. But from what I've seen in this game they are far more interesting than collecting feathers in Assassins Creed 2, which had no real purpose whatsoever. Or the 350 Blast Shards in the first inFamous, which weren't even properly listed on the map so you had to print a map guide for them and cross them all out. What you have to do in RDR2 is far better.

Plus there is the online to look forward, but I'll bet anything more people will complain that that's too grindy as well.

Accept the game and the trophies for what they are, and move on from there.

On 11/2/2018 at 11:50 AM, MosesRockefeller said:

I'm not a serious trophy hunter so it isn't saying as much for me... but I knew from the moment I preordered the game that I would never even try to Platinum RDR2. I'm not even going to get Gold Medals for all the missions. The road to the Platinum in this game is way too tedious for me. That being said, I'm having a blast playing it. It's a great game. But I think the RDR2 Platinum is only for the real gluttons for punishment. That takes a level of commitment that I know I don't have.

Which is understandable because you're not a completionist. Still, I just think some people on here feel the need to say that games like Far Cry 5 or RDR2 are a bit too grindy.

The online hasn't even been out yet, it won't come out until the end of November and people are already saying they won't platinum the game. I mean yeah, platinum trophies in games like this aren't for everyone. But I can definitely see the online being a great experience.

After GTA V it's not surprising to see RDR2 have just as grindy of a trophy list. And if and when DLC comes out, that will be even more grind.

On 11/2/2018 at 6:19 PM, Deluziion90 said:

Currently at 118/178 animals skinned and around 2 hours into the Epilogue. I'm wondering daily if I'm going for this platinum or not. I love the game but it's just too crazy what needs to be done. I'll probably grind out most things except for the gold rush that will be something for the future.

I still got Spyro the 13th of November which I'm really looking forward to and Persona 5 which is also a 100+ hours platinum :jaymon:

Just irks me that the online hasn't been out yet, which if it's anything like the first RDR had then it will be a big part of the game. People already saying that can't or won't get the platinum.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/2/2018 at 3:24 PM, TJ_Solo said:

Makes sense for folks getting those paychecks. I don't get how that translates to any gamer burning themselves out though. 

Labor abuse in any form doesn't make sense, especially solely for financial gain.

Translation: This along with the unnecessary grind is my reason for now at least to grind away or avoid a "burnout" entirely. 

I'm still chugging along working on this platinum.  It's a grind, but luckily the game is a blast.

In my eyes the platinum can be broken up into 6 different grinds:

• 70 Gold Medals
  • 100% Completion
  • Challenges (although these are part of the 100% they are truly a feat in of themselves)
  • Study all animals
  • Skin all animals (Although these are similar I've tackled them as individual tasks)
  • Level 50 Online

Any one of these would be grindy for a game on their own.  I like to focus on one of these items at a time.  If I start to get burnt out, I switch to one of the others.  I'm still enjoying myself and plan on continue playing this for the foreseeable future.  Whether or not I get the platinum is another thing.  All you can do is keep chipping away.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FresHOnline_ said:

what would u guys say is the longest/tedious part of getting the platinum

I think it really depends on your preference as a player.

For me, the 70 Gold Medals is going to be the worst.  That's why I'm saving it for last.  I don't like having to complete missions in specific ways.  I prefer my own playing style vs doing what the developer wants.

I think for a lot of people it's going to be the LVL 50 Online grind.  Though, that kind of stuff doesn't bother me as much because I have a fun group of guys that I usually play with online.  It will just get a little boring towards the end.

I'm also not a big fan of the fishing system, so not really enjoying getting the legendary fish as part of 100% completion.

I came pretty close to quitting the trophy hunt for this game. Replaying the missions for gold medals alone almost broke me. Now that it's over and done with I'm ultimately glad that I stuck with it and got the platinum even though it was a grind.

Edited by vegetollo7

2 hours ago, FresHOnline_ said:

what would u guys say is the longest/tedious part of getting the platinum

70 gold medals IF you havent been aiming for them.

Level 50 Online, no matter what unless they suddenly add new content enough to level you up to 50 which is not going to happen.

On 11/2/2018 at 2:18 PM, Valkirye22 said:

Just curious for some feedback from fellow trophy hunters.

The game as a whole is amazing and I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it but putting that aside if we start talking trophies it becomes a nightmare, at least for me.

So after finishing the story I'm pretty sure I went around the map 20 times for all the bones, the dream catchers, the legendary fish (oh the fishing... I blame FF15 for the surge of that in modern games e.g. Far Cry 5; really it is not enjoyable twisting my thumbs for 10 minutes for that god damn salmon), the weapons etc.... there is really no "fast travel" per se, at least in GTA you could cut your time short with a helicopter here I nearly killed my horse 50 times because I am sick and tired of riding around ditches and mountains after my first 14 laps of the Grizzlies.

I've got a lot of platinums behind me and there were some grindy (anyone remember 400-odd feathers and other bs in Assassin's II?) bits but this takes the cake. I mean I would maybe even stretch for the animals the ludicrous 144 of them but the exotics collectables? And the challenges and the luck/rng hunting? It just killed it for me. I only ever platinumed games I enjoyed be they difficult or long or both but after all the amazing stuff in RDR2 it just turns into a train-wreck there is no fun to be had in 30-50 hours worth of running from A-B and hoping to find a pretty flower or a pristine rat.

Respect to anyone that will go through with everything! 1f44d.png

I know man, I adore this game (it's my second favorite of all time), but this Platinum is just too exhaustive. I would love to show my love for it by getting the Platinum but I said to hell with those missable trophies and I just don't have the time anymore for 200-hour Platinums. This is one of those games where I'm gonna envy people that have the Platinum for.

I have no much of a complain about trophy list, the only trophy I truly hate is 70 gold medals, it's ridiculous - you don't know what you need to do to get gold rating, and if you check online you spoiler it, plus it's some stupid almost impossible time frames for some missions. 

• Like 1

On 2019-01-13 at 0:02 AM, JaneAusten69 said:

I'm still chugging along working on this platinum.  It's a grind, but luckily the game is a blast.

In my eyes the platinum can be broken up into 6 different grinds:

• 70 Gold Medals
  • 100% Completion
  • Challenges (although these are part of the 100% they are truly a feat in of themselves)
  • Study all animals
  • Skin all animals (Although these are similar I've tackled them as individual tasks)
  • Level 50 Online

Any one of these would be grindy for a game on their own.  I like to focus on one of these items at a time.  If I start to get burnt out, I switch to one of the others.  I'm still enjoying myself and plan on continue playing this for the foreseeable future.  Whether or not I get the platinum is another thing.  All you can do is keep chipping away.

Oh god, I forgot how much work this platinum was. You complete one of these and feel like you finished something big, only to be met by the next requirement. I remember thinking that I should have never attempted this platinum once I was halfway through, but couldn't quit either

On 2019-01-14 at 6:10 AM, jkilla44 said:

It’s not that bad, I was the 425th person to platinum RDR2

I was 15th ?

4 hours ago, shananiganyo said:

Definitely one to save for a return-playthrough a few years down the line. Loved the story and would hate to burn out over something like trophies.

I haven't returned to the game or online mode since I platinumed it on 3rd Dec. Burnt out? Yes

Edited by Erkawest
  • Like 4

this game turned out to be one of the most miserable experiences of my life because of the gold story missions after i had already beat the game, and the constant need to find money online to buy ammo, to kill to rank up. during the last week and a half my anxiety and everything was so bad that i will never play this game ever again. after i got platinum i took the disc out of my ps4, put it in a box. went out to the woods and shot the game with my 9mm. everything else i had fun with mostly except the bad animal spawns and stupid flower missions and not knowing which herbs i needed when it said collect them all. there was some times i spent 3 real life days trying to get one perfect pelt and trying to get the animal to spawn all day. some of the birds were the worst to get. 

On 1/14/2019 at 0:10 AM, jkilla44 said:

It’s not that bad, I was the 425th person to platinum RDR2

i was around #370

and i disagree, it took me almost 2 months. and i looked at your profile and it said 2 months as well

2 months for a platinum is complete misery 

• Like 3

tbh: i would gladly replay EVERY mission on gold instead of grinding the lvl 50 mp trophy.

i've started today with the mp and set myself a goal: reach at least 2lvl a day... i really hope there are double xp weekends or some kind to make this grind bearable...

Edited by zeit86geist
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

after i got platinum i took the disc out of my ps4, put it in a box. went out to the woods and shot the game with my 9mm.

Was close to doing the same yesterday... Gold missions are ridiculous...

Edited by stfraw
  • Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:47 AM, stfraw said:

Was close to doing the same yesterday... Gold missions are ridiculous...

Am I the only one who is OK with the gold medals? I mean, the medals are supposed to be rewarded to finishing challenges during the gameplay. I am no problem with that. The grindings, a little bit, especially the first few exotic collections which involve bird hunting.

However, I have lots of issues regarding the handicaps they set up in this game. Why can't I know if I achieved/failed one of the requirements? That's just ridiculous. And why can I only be able to study animals through binocular, not sniper scope? and why Authur/John keeps putting binocular back to inventory? 

These are the things that really irritate me and really dampened the overall experience with this game.

• Like 1

I'm ok with the gold medals, I mean it's a decent challenge and at least for this one trophy you have to show some skill.
Most of the other trophies are unfortunately way too grindy, to enjoy getting them. 
Thanks to many guides online I managed to get all the exotic items and still had to do those 90 challenges. 
Yes, I almost cried at the Gambler challenge 8. 
After I got the 100% trophy, I'm sitting at Lake Don Julio blowing up fish the whole day to get to level 50 in Online Mode.
I'm level 45 now, I almost did it... wish me luck and patience!

• Like 3