Anyone else "grinded" away from the Platinum?

Valkirye22

I don't mind the 100% one or the Online trophies, because I do like those.
The on trophy I might not do is the 70 gold missions one, or maybe when I am extremly bored or something.
But a game should be fun, so i am only doing the fun stuff. And I can so see that that 70 gold missions one might be the reason why I woun't get the Platinum. But that is fine I guess. :-)

I bought this game at release with a official guide, planning to do.something with it, only played it an hr.

I feel if I get into it that it will consume 6mths of my gaming life so havent gone back to it, think im gonna sell it to be honest.

I mind the long platinum really, if I become tired of the game I will leave it, but I dont wanna get in2 it just incase I like it to much

Shame, maybe will catch u next time Rockstar ;)

Very rarely grind for a platinum, but I will this. From the day it came out, completed the story on 21st November. Spent the next month playing bits, like grinding some stuff, while playing the online. Nowhere near finished, since Boxing Day, decided play a different game, go back to Red Dead after finishing it, doing a couple of bits on it, then doing something else. That way, won't feel as grindy as I'm playing other things inbetween.

Try to get something done once a week, even if it's just finding one or two animals, or a level online.

Edited by frosteeeh21
  • Like 2

there were a couple points in this game where i thought about abandoning the plat, but i found it best to take a break and go play a completely different game for a while. i chose the Spyro Trilogy, which is a refreshing change if you're getting burnt out on RDR2.

finishing up online trophies currently. online in this game is meh, but i just play showdown series matches and so far its been going quickly.

why do games with horse riding end up being so grindy? im looking at you Shadow of the Colossus

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, danceswithsloths said:

there were a couple points in this game where i thought about abandoning the plat, but i found it best to take a break and go play a completely different game for a while. i chose the Spyro Trilogy, which is a refreshing change if you're getting burnt out on RDR2.

finishing up online trophies currently. online in this game is meh, but i just play showdown series matches and so far its been going quickly.

why do games with horse riding end up being so grindy? im looking at you Shadow of the Colossus

The 70 golds and the Level 50 online I feel are my biggest obstacles. I reloaded an early ch 4 save and am working to just gold medal missions going forward and getting some earlier ones via Replay. Hoping that will be enough. Online I'm only rank 17...but showdown is how I figure I'll finish that. I should probably actually do the story online too tbh.

Everything else is coming along I think but I've taken a break over the last few days to play some other games as well. I think thats great advice. Most nights I've played like 2 hours of RDR2 and then did some GoW to keep myself from getting burnt. Once I finish GoW, I'll throw in another backlog game and use that to help break up the RDR2 grind.

• Like 1

I've just got to get 2 more MP trophies, the craft 25 ammo and get to rank 50 then I'll have the platinum. 

I still love the game but doing the exotics mission for 100% game completion and the 70 gold medals nearly broke me. 

It also took 18 minutes before the 100% trophy registered so for nearly 20 minutes I was in a state of shock until it popped.

There are some great guides out there, I wouldn't have been able to get as far as i did without them. I was seriously impressed when I realised how much time and effort they must have put in to the guides.

• Like 1

This is the game I was most looking forward this generation. Unforunately, it also made me finally realize I don't enjoy trophy hunting anymore as finishing this game is a total waste of time. I'm seriously dreading and not enjoying a single bit of the gold medals and online, not to mention some challenges and the exotic quests. I will definitely have to take a long time off from trophy hunting or even gaming after finishing it.

• Like 1

All I have left are the multiplayer trophies, thank god. This has been, without a doubt, the hardest platinum I have ever chased. The amount of patience I had to endure through my journey has been incredible. I mostly stuck to it because this would be my 50th platinum trophy and it’s a nice milestone since I love rockstar games. The 70 gold medals was fucking awful though, stock Arthur and stock horse, complete garbage, made missions 10X harder and it’s not even a gold trophy either. 

There is insane amount of things to do in the single campaign: studying animals, skinning them, challenges - some of them making you go again through all of the herbs and fishes (something you have already almost done it), hunting requests....exotic requests.....gold medals (which I find fun and accept the challenge). So MP trophies are not in focus at all for me, it was single play that made me distracted before the end of Chapter 2.

But it is marvelous game and I will be back!

I'm burned out, but I'm so far deep into these trophies that I just want to finish it. I only have a couple of MP trophies left to go and I'm saving the 70 gold medals trophy until the very last. Which I am absolutely not looking forward to since I somehow only managed to get like 3 or 4 gold medals on my original playthrough.

Already did all the single player related and most of the MP trophies but damn, the level 50 one is gonna be very very tedious. 
I'm only level 23 and I'm already sick of the MP, there's nothing to do, the leveling is very long, you gain almost nothing (cash or xp). I'll wait until they add stuff or readjust the xp gain (the daily challenges will bring nothing to the table, they'll probably give you 100xp).

Some aspects of the single player were really boring as well (the 100%, the exotics, the challenges), it really tests your patience.

Edited by Vnddd0