Anyone else "grinded" away from the Platinum?

Valkirye22

Its a pretty typical Rockstar trophy list, most of their games are pretty time consuming to get 100% completion.  I think its fair enough, some games will take dedication to achieve a platinum and ultimately it gives that achievement more worth or respect if you do decide to go for it.  

• Like 2

I've just decided to give up on the platinum for once and for all. Sitting at 42/70 for "Gold Rush" and seriously can't be bothered to do the rest, most missions are such a pain in the ass, long, boring and repetitive just to screw up a little thing at the end and have to do everything again. This game is the only game so far that succesfully totally drained my trophy hunting hunger.

• Like 2

Hey guys, newbie to the game here with a quick question about the Challenges. Can't find the answer anywhere.

Basically, when I unlock a new Challenge tier, if I have already done the thing that Challenge calls for before that tier is unlocked, does that count toward its completion?

For example: Sharpshooter 3 asks you to kill 5 birds while on a moving train. If I do that before I even unlock Sharpshooter 3, will it be marked as completed once it is formally unlocked? Or would I have to do it all over again?

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm assuming the tasks will only count once you've actually triggered the next stage of the Challenge, but I just wanted to be sure. 

12 minutes ago, JD-D2 said:

Hey guys, newbie to the game here with a quick question about the Challenges. Can't find the answer anywhere.

Basically, when I unlock a new Challenge tier, if I have already done the thing that Challenge calls for before that tier is unlocked, does that count toward its completion?

For example: Sharpshooter 3 asks you to kill 5 birds while on a moving train. If I do that before I even unlock Sharpshooter 3, will it be marked as completed once it is formally unlocked? Or would I have to do it all over again?

Hopefully that makes sense. I'm assuming the tasks will only count once you've actually triggered the next stage of the Challenge, but I just wanted to be sure. 

No. It will not count if the challenge isn't currently active. Your final paragraph was correct. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JD-D2 said:

You have to do it all over once the tier is unlocked. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well it's April now and I'm still working on this platinum.  Think I'm going to have to shift focus to other games.  All I have left is 70 Gold Medals, but the MP LVL 50 grind really wore me out.

I think I'm gonna try a gold medal every other day or so.  Slowly chip away.  Time to go back and finish the Spider Man dlc and start Darksiders III.

Edited by JaneAusten69
  • Like 1

I've done all the online stuff and currently doing the 70 golds on first playtrough. Save before each mission and when I don't get gold, i'll reload the save. On harder missions i'll try it 2 or 3 times and move on. Now halfway Chapter 6. 

Sometimes it's boring but most of the time I like it. The SP, the Online part is terrible and so glad I'll never have to touch that again :P

• Like 1

After a few months, I started the online mode three days ago, I'm level 14 and I missing the trophies for the horses and the craft ammo besides reach lv 50.

Will be a long ride, worst online than RDR, that was already shitty, unbalanced economy and xp, boring, slow... 

I hope at least that R* don't add in the future more trophies for online mode, because I don't want to return to play RDRO...

I've semi quit this game after days upon days looking for one 3 star skunk for the It's Art trophy. That and the miniscule rewards online and the poor xp output online. It dosent feel worth it for the amount of effort I'm putting in. I've put it up on a high shelf in case I feel the urge to try again. 

On 20/02/2019 at 4:02 AM, Sega-Ryudo said:

The Level 50 MP Trophy is the hardest. The Online-Mode is very boring.

Agreed.

The online trophies are really long and boring. Especially when you are as bad at multiplayer as I am ;) 

Edited by So_B0o5t_ed
double post

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

If anything's gonna make me give up on the Platinum it's this shitty online but I've come too far to turn back now!

Spoken like a true son of Planet Vegeta! ?

• Like 2

Yeah, I don't think I have it in me to get to lvl 50 in Red Dead Online. I got to lvl 18 by doing all the story missions, plus a few Free Roam missions, and I'm already bored out of my mind. So far I've hated every single PVP mode I've tried, since the gunplay and shooting mechanics are easily the worst aspect of RDR2, and all the other stuff is just repetitive and grindy. I really hope they do a triple exp weekend or something...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Yeah, I don't think I have it in me to get to lvl 50 in Red Dead Online. I got to lvl 18 by doing all the story missions, plus a few Free Roam missions, and I'm already bored out of my mind. So far I've hated every single PVP mode I've tried, since the gunplay and shooting mechanics are easily the worst aspect of RDR2, and all the other stuff is just repetitive and grindy. I really hope they do a triple exp weekend or something...

IKR? COD does 2XP weekends all the time but Rockstar hasn't done shit like that yet. Pathetic. If I could pay $20 to get a permanent 2XP boost to my leveling I totally would. Leveling in this game is too damn slow!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 10:06 PM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

IKR? COD does 2XP weekends all the time but Rockstar hasn't done shit like that yet. Pathetic. If I could pay $20 to get a permanent 2XP boost to my leveling I totally would. Leveling in this game is too damn slow!

I took advantage of the 30% XP boost last week (not exactly double XP but better than nothing) and managed to get to rank 50 pretty easily doing the Thieves' Landing solo farming method. I think I was averaging over 2 ranks per hour, so it only took me a couple of evenings to go from 20 to 50. For anyone still struggling with ranking up, I followed this video.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 7:53 AM, ShadowReplicant said:

I took advantage of the 30% XP boost last week (not exactly double XP but better than nothing) and managed to get to rank 50 pretty easily doing the Thieves' Landing solo farming method. I think I was averaging over 2 ranks per hour, so it only took me a couple of evenings to go from 20 to 50. For anyone still struggling with ranking up, I followed this video.

I was not aware of any such XP boost and I was playing last week LOL.

The platinum did start to become a boring grind for collectibles in the end. There is a HUGE amount of animal carcasses and flowers and dinosaur bones and other crap to collect. I took a break from it halfway through and came back later. A lot of it is about having to depend on random animal spawns, and then riding away and riding back to see if it spawned again.

Also the 70 gold medals were somewhat hard/annoying to get, especially since in many missions, I had to sit through a 5 minute horseback ride just to get 1 more practice attempt at 10 headshots or 70% accuracy or whatever. I did them on replay instead of a new game, which meant I had to use a low level Arthur with a crappy horse that can't ride where it needs to go within the time limit ?

And then there was the online mode, where everything costs so much and pays so little. Even winning a PVP match only awards $20, while losing barely covers the cost of ammo used. I also completed stranger missions that gave less money than the cost of fast travelling to the mission start. Of course there are also Gold Bars, but not everything can be bought with those. I ended up killing at Thieves Landing to grind xp to level 50.

With all that in mind, no wonder RDR2 is an Ultra Rare Platinum.

Edited by me_is_caveman
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I've just got my gold medal trophy, time to finish up single player. Then online.

There's been talk around Edinburgh Rockstar North worked more on the game than is publicly known. Apparently San Diego were making a real mess of RDR2 and Take 2 were furious. They didn't want another Mafia 3 situation, so drafted Norths core team in on it . And kept it hush hush so not to be torn apart by the gaming press, or affect shares. But that's why it was delayed.  Even aspects of the story got changed.

North left evidence though of their greater involvement. That being all the Scottish reference. Like think about it, they were officially just working on the maps. But you see in many other parts of the game references to Scotland they weren't supposedly involved with. John even saids he is not American, he's Scottish. Why would a game mostly developed by an American team have so many references to Scotland.

We will see in the coming years if this story is true. Would explain a lot. But for now, taking it all with a pinch of salt.

Edited by AMadScotsGuy
Spelling
  • Like 1